Lesbian teen back at Miss. school after prom flap

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3306278 said:
Yeah and in this case it would be homophobia.

Yes, which would explain why she was not allowed to enroll there. Oh wait.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Hostile;3306284 said:
Because of her actions. No one can deny that, no matter how hard they spin it.

They didn't have to cancel it, they chose to. No one can deny that, no matter how hard they spin it.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
How about Dallas signs her to be the new NT, she definitely has the girth, and they move Ratliff to DE.....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3306291 said:
They didn't have to cancel it, they chose to. No one can deny that, no matter how hard they spin it.
I think they did have to. That way no one can claim discrimination. Not even her.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;3306300 said:
I think they did have to. That way no one can claim discrimination. Not even her.

They should try shutting down the entire airport because one person claims they are being searched because they are middle eastern. :laugh2:

hairic

Reaction score
bbgun;3306165 said:
Beats me. As I noted earlier, some institutions blatantly discriminate on the basis of race and gender, whereas others do so with sexual orientation. Only one of these things is considered evil, however. Guess which one.

Private schools have greater power to to discriminate or do things that if government schools were to try to do, it would be illegal. There's no Constitution limiting individuals like there is with the government. If a private school only wanted left-handed one-legged Albino lesbian Hindus under 140 pounds who agree to never wear underwear to attend, they could try to limit the students to that criteria. The school wouldn't be profitable, but doing that is their right and legal.

That's why the school is asking the local community to host a private prom, to keep the lesbians away legally.

I think they did have to.

They didn't. At least, I didn't see anywhere where a court issued an injunction or lawyers were seeking one. The worse that would have happened to the school had they gone ahead with their rules, is a court would have awarded damages to her if they ruled her rights had been infringed. That wouldn't happen until maybe a couple years from now.

Ren

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;3306298 said:
How about Dallas signs her to be the new NT, she definitely has the girth, and they move Ratliff to DE.....

:muttley:

seriously, chicks shouldn't be allowed to be lesbos unless they're hot and have all their sex in public

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;3306310 said:
They should try shutting down the entire airport because one person claims they are being searched because they are middle eastern. :laugh2:
You lost me.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
Hostile;3306300 said:

So instead of having the girl claim discrimination, they are getting national exposure that paints them in a very bad light and they will now have to spend taxpayer dollars fighting a lawsuit that the ACLU filed on behalf of the student claiming that they violated her civil rights.

I don't see how they helped themselves out very much.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3306317 said:
So instead of having the girl claim discrimination, they are getting national exposure that paints them in a very bad light and they will now have to spend taxpayer dollars fighting a lawsuit that the ACLU filed on behalf of the student claiming that they violated her civil rights.

What bad light? I don't see it that way. They refused to cave in. Good for them.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Joe Rod;3306317 said:

What's the very bad light?

A majority of Americans see homosexuality as an unacceptable behavior.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hostile;3306283 said:
I disagree. Every Black friend I have ever had is offended when they get compared to gays.

No, I don't know the tune and I really don't care.

Saw a stand up comedian last night making fun of that ..... she said she never had to sit her parents down and tell them she was black like she did when she came out gay.

She said her mother would have said .... " Black?!? ..... Oh Lordy ... its because I let you watch soul train isn't it " .... I laughed.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
zrinkill;3306329 said:
Saw a stand up comedian last night making fun of that ..... she said she never had to sit her parents down and tell them she was black like she did when she came out gay.

She said her mother would have said .... " Black?!? ..... Oh Lordy ... its because I let you watch soul train isn't it " .... I laughed.
I used to lift weights with my neighbor. He was born in Ghana. He moved to Cali a couple months ago and I miss him. He'd have loved that, because he was really offended by the comparisons.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
Hostile;3306324 said:
What bad light? I don't see it that way. They refused to cave in. Good for them.

This girl will eventually hit the talk show circuit and the school is going to take it on the chin as a result. Also, they're going to be forced to cave in by way of lawsuit. Even if they drag it out long enough to not hold it this year, the girl's case will force them and all schools in the state to allow gay and lesbian couples to attend their Prom's going forward. At the end of the day all they will be is a bunch of doofuses who would prefer to pay taxpayer dollars on legal fees as opposed to letting the kids there go to a Prom.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3306334 said:
This girl will eventually hit the talk show circuit and the school is going to take it on the chin as a result. Also, they're going to be forced to cave in by way of lawsuit. Even if they drag it out long enough to not hold it this year, the girl's case will force them and all schools in the state to allow gay and lesbian couples to attend their Prom's going forward. At the end of the day all they will be is a bunch of doofuses who would prefer to pay taxpayer dollars on legal fees as opposed to letting the kids there go to a Prom.
Ah, so now you agree with me that she is the one pushing the issue.

Thank you. Was that really so hard?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;3306338 said:
Ah, so now you agree with me that she is the one pushing the issue.

Thank you. Was that really so hard?

Obviously she pushed it. The went to the ACLU...

I think the difference is you think she was wrong for pushing it and some of us don't.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;3306342 said:
Obviously she pushed it. The went to the ACLU...

I think the difference is you think she was wrong for pushing it and some of us don't.
I do.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Hostile;3306324 said:

I was under the impression that they (the school board) did not even attempt to negotiate (say, about the tux), just went and pulled the prom.

When local custom is against the law, how do you think it should be handled?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
arglebargle;3306347 said:
I was under the impression that they (the school board) did not even attempt to negotiate (say, about the tux), just went and pulled the prom.

When local custom is against the law, how do you think it should be handled?
I don't know. Not enough details. Give me an example.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;3306325 said:
What's the very bad light?

A majority of Americans see homosexuality as an unacceptable behavior.

Really, because CNN just did a poll where almost 70% of those asked favor allowing gays to openly serve in the military and, for the first time ever, more people polled do not feel that homosexual relationships are a moral issue than those who do (50% to 48%). DC just legalized gay marriages. Times are changing.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/02/22/rel4n.pdf

Regardless of that, people in general tend to get annoyed when someone's rights are being infringed upon.