Let’s admit something about Schultz

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Schultz led w/ his helmet.
He did, and a flag should've been thrown for that, but a flag also should have been thrown for the hit to the head. Even though he lowered his head, that never seems to prevent them from flagging anyone.

cern

Reaction score
Punch. No punch. Led with his head. Didn't lead with his head. Penalty. No penalty. It's not going to change. Is it bettrr to be wrong. Or right about nothing?

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Its pretty clear the defender punched the ball out and because schultz lowered his head it caught the facemask a tiny bit with the back of his hand or forearm. All caused from a lowering of the head on a helmet to helmet by schultz. Schultz should have been flagged for lowering his helmet but the punch hit the ball hard and cleanly and caused the fumble. That graze to the facemask did not cause the fumble. That ball got hit squarely and punched out and was a great play by the defender. That ball was coming out regardless of Schultz lowering his head and grazing the back defenders hand/ forearm. And schultz was lucky he didnt get a flag for lowering his helmet. That was clearly a bonehead play by the scrub te schultz and anybody trying to make schultz out to be the victim of a penalty is clearly blind. Imo. schultz was clearly the perpetrator for lowering his head and that graze was so insignicant and didnt cause the fumble. The helmet to helmet caused by schultz backfired on him and he got the worst of the contact. The collision is why he couldnt recover the loose ball laying on the ground right there in front of him. Awesome play by the defender.

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Watch the direction the hand was moving and then watch how it shoots downward after contacting the helmet. It glanced off the helmet. Also look at when Dalton’s helmet first moves to the side. It coordinates with the hand hitting the helmet then shooting downward, just a fraction of a moment before Dalton’s helmet contacted the defender.

Youre grasping at straws. That punch was perfectly timed and schultz lowered his head into it causing a slight graze of the facemask from the back of the hand or forearm. That was a Perfect play by the defender and a penalty on Schultz. Had he not turned the ball over the ref prolly calls a personal foul on schultz. He lowered his head and initiated the helmet to helmet contact and then FOLDED LIKE A CHEAP SUIT knocking his own self senseless. Lol.
That ever so minor graze of the facemask was very insignificant contact and had no bearing on schultz losing the ball whatsoever. It was just a great play by the defender punching the ball out and an embarrassing play for the 3rd string te. Rolling around on the turf like a fish out of water. Lol.

Sunday hes gonna turn back into a frog against Seattle and were still gonna have to listen to ya go on and on all year about how these overhyped scrub tes downfield blocking schemes and playing every passing snap is Soooo Critical to this Teams 8-8 Success.

We dont need a stud receiving and scoring threat te Like Gonzales or Gronk in the red zone. We need a good blocker so theres 1 less potent receiver on every passing downs. Lol. Even if hes a 3rd or 4th string te w a bunk history and poor stats in the red zone. He automatically deserves playing every passing snap as a blocker Cuz hes the next man up te... and if he wasnt out there blocking for Cooper, Gallop, and Lamb we wouldnt even be the super awesome 8-8 over this past decade. Lol.

Genius scheme. Prolly may have worked back in the 60's or 70's before tes morphed into stud receivers and major scoring and offensive threats.
The Cowboys are trying to win a Superbowl using a bunk blocking te passing scheme and they simply dont have the talented receiver at the te position and Brown and Pollard actually show more big play capabilities on paper in black and white so why limit their involvent if they are contributing at a faster and more successful pace.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Maybe so, but that’s irrelevant to the question of whether there was a punch
Youre trying to justify all that lets stick w what we got at te in the OJ Howard thread. Lol. I know whats up.

We signed an unproven te in Jarwin to a long term contract without a good test run to see how hed perform at it. Well thats failure #1

Failure #2 is coming this week because the seahawks linebackers are harder hitters than atlanta so they prolly punch the ball out of the 3rd string tes hands a couple of times. He doesnt have any Earl Campbell in him so he might as well go straight to tha floor like your future 3rd ballot Hof. Behind Gronk and Gates. Lol.

He was a great te back in the old school era. That era is Long Gone. Its a big play and scoring te league now bro. If you cant make gamechanging plays or score then youre just gonna have be part of a comittee of the snap sharers.

I dont want to take out Lamb to use Brown and I dont want to take out zeke to play Pollard.

I want to sit that last man standing 3rd string blocking te and use pollard or brown instead. Not exclusively but Id start with 25% of all passing snaps and adjust from there.

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Who are you talking to? Nobody here can emulate 82 in his prime, or even out of it, so are you expecting Schultz to read this? If so, there are worse things for an NFL TE to emulate.

These te gonna emulate #82's 1.5 yard yac rate and 9 ypt rate. They just gonna make 5 times the mistakes in the process. The old vet is at least alot less mistake prone. Too bad he was our starting te w #2 numbers but hey at least we didnt lose to the Giants. Right? Lol
There a silver lining in every cloud. Lol.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Sure they do. But after you see Shultz' helmet jarred away from the direction the LB is swinging his fist.

I don't see that. I see the crown of Schultz helmet hit #54's helmet. Was #54 punching in that direction? Yes, but I see his white glove directed toward the ball/Schultz's arms.

I mean the second freeze frame you provided shows that clearly IMO.

kskboys

Reaction score
Youre grasping at straws. That punch was perfectly timed and schultz lowered his head into it causing a slight graze of the facemask from the back of the hand or forearm. That was a Perfect play by the defender and a penalty on Schultz. Had he not turned the ball over the ref prolly calls a personal foul on schultz. He lowered his head and initiated the helmet to helmet contact and then FOLDED LIKE A CHEAP SUIT knocking his own self senseless. Lol.
That ever so minor graze of the facemask was very insignificant contact and had no bearing on schultz losing the ball whatsoever. It was just a great play by the defender punching the ball out and an embarrassing play for the 3rd string te. Rolling around on the turf like a fish out of water. Lol.

Sunday hes gonna turn back into a frog against Seattle and were still gonna have to listen to ya go on and on all year about how these overhyped scrub tes downfield blocking schemes and playing every passing snap is Soooo Critical to this Teams 8-8 Success.

We dont need a stud receiving and scoring threat te Like Gonzales or Gronk in the red zone. We need a good blocker so theres 1 less potent receiver on every passing downs. Lol. Even if hes a 3rd or 4th string te w a bunk history and poor stats in the red zone. He automatically deserves playing every passing snap as a blocker Cuz hes the next man up te... and if he wasnt out there blocking for Cooper, Gallop, and Lamb we wouldnt even be the super awesome 8-8 over this past decade. Lol.

Genius scheme. Prolly may have worked back in the 60's or 70's before tes morphed into stud receivers and major scoring and offensive threats.
The Cowboys are trying to win a Superbowl using a bunk blocking te passing scheme and they simply dont have the talented receiver at the te position and Brown and Pollard actually show more big play capabilities on paper in black and white so why limit their involvent if they are contributing at a faster and more successful pace.
What you're missing: QB can't throw from his back.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
These te gonna emulate #82's 1.5 yard yac rate and 9 ypt rate. They just gonna make 5 times the mistakes in the process. The old vet is at least alot less mistake prone. Too bad he was our starting te w #2 numbers but hey at least we didnt lose to the Giants. Right? Lol

This single play alone contains more athleticism than Witten showed in the past 5-6 years. That play goes for just five-yards had it been Witt.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You talked about Witten in his prime, and rather than answer my question you switch gears and talk about Witten late in his career. As with your history, you just ramble endlessly, make up whatever you want, flat out lie at times, and display the reading comprehension of a small child.

Simple rule ... if you are incapable of addressing the comments you quote, quit quoting people.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

So I'm curious. Who did you "Exchange" the "Cowboys" for? Every post I've seen from you seems to be anti-Cowboy (or anti-OmerV). If you're a fan of another team, it's fine, just be honest about it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So I'm curious. Who did you "Exchange" the "Cowboys" for? Every post I've seen from you seems to be anti-Cowboy (or anti-OmerV). If you're a fan of another team, it's fine, just be honest about it.
Lol. He does go on awful long rants responding to me, and they seldom even have anything to do with what he quoted, and often suggest I say and believe things I don’t.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't see that. I see the crown of Schultz helmet hit #54's helmet. Was #54 punching in that direction? Yes, but I see his white glove directed toward the ball/Schultz's arms.

If you watch just the fist as it's coming in, and the extreme and sudden change of direction downward, it's pretty clear that he hit the face mask or helmet. It's simply not possible to redirect a punch that way, mid-swing.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

For one, the freeze frame clearly shows Shultz' head turn BEFORE the impact of their helmets. Look at the LB's helmet. His is unmoved even as Shultz' head starts to turn. Then the impact happens to move the LB's helmet. This is precisely why I froze it at that point. Two, it also shows how the impact of the fist glancing off the facemask (which made Shultz' head turn) changes the trajectory of the direction he was punching. He was aiming for the ball and winds up catching Shultz' forearm, mostly. He may have gotten a sliver of the ball that popped it out which either shows he was punching really hard or Shultz should have wrapped up better for what he knew was pending impact. Probably a combo of both.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol. He does go on awful long rants responding to me, and they seldom even have anything to do with what he quoted, and often suggest I say and believe things I don’t.
I've noticed that. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen him respond to anyone but you....Yet the response is usually little more than derisive laughter and babble.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You clearly know each other from the old forum. Is this a continuation from an obsession back then?