Let’s admit something about Schultz

lukin2006

Reaction score
I give Shultz credit. He showed up to play and performed way above expectations. If he can play at that level consistently then he'll give Dak a nice option at TE...I see no reason to keep Jarwin. Go and get a blocking TE if need be. We need a TE who can get down the field who can stay on the field...

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Jared Cook, Gronk, kittle, Graham, can i promise ya.

Schultz played the best game of his life against a scrub defense. Put him up against a top defender or double team and watch them zeros every week. He dropped 3 passes last week and fumbled this week.

Why cant you see the suck in these tes??? And just the Glory of the talent around a scrub.

If his job is not scoring or making gamechanging plays and taking a back seat to the other 5 skilled players then yes hes a winner if he doesnt fumble or drop passes but he cant even do that. Lmao Even playing the Game of his life against a subpar Defense
After watching the Atlanta game, I think he definitely has the potential to be a solid starting TE, although I stopped reading your post when you mentioned double teaming Schultz! What!

Why would anyone double team our TE with all our other weapons? No one would.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I give Shultz credit. He showed up to play and performed way above expectations. If he can play at that level consistently then he'll give Dak a nice option at TE...I see no reason to keep Jarwin. Go and get a blocking TE if need be. We need a TE who can get down the field who can stay on the field...
Or keep both TEs, just in case one of them gets hurt, or for 2 TE sets. But I don't expect Schultz to consistently do what he did against Atlanta anyway, so it's probably a moot point.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You clearly know each other from the old forum. Is this a continuation from an obsession back then?
Do we? I don’t recall that, but it’s possible. We did have some exchanges some time back about the TE position at this site. Maybe even last season.

In this particular thread the exchange started when he quoted something I wrote in response to someone else, and nothing in his response applied to what he quoted. I called him on that and he said he was responding to something I wrote in a different thread on a different point a few weeks earlier. And he acted like I somehow should have known that, which is odd enough on it’s own, but he didn’t even accurately represent what I wrote in that other thread.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do we? I don’t recall that, but it’s possible. We did have some exchanges some time back about the TE position at this site. Maybe even last season.

In this particular thread the exchange started when he quoted something I wrote in response to someone else, and nothing in his response applied to what he quoted. I called him on that and he said he was responding to something I wrote in a different thread on a different point a few weeks earlier. And he acted like I somehow should have known that, which is odd enough on it’s own, but he didn’t even accurately represent what I wrote in that other thread.
Didn't he refer to you as Rogers a couple of times?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or keep both TEs, just in case one of them gets hurt, or for 2 TE sets. But I don't expect Schultz to consistently do what he did against Atlanta anyway, so it's probably a moot point.
No, he won’t consistently do what he did against Atlanta. That’s an unsustainable pace for any TE. If he can average half of what he did against Atlanta it would still be a nice year.

lukin2006

Reaction score

You are probably right. The biggest problem this team has is that our FO does not know talent and overpays players. Jarwin. based on what? DLaw. One year. Gregory. Wasting time on him. and the list can go on.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The blocking by the TEs was very good in the Falcons game.

The TEs were a big part of how the Cowboys managed to rack up 570 yards of offense and score 40 points with 2 inexperienced OTs.
- The TEs were a big help to the OTs on many snaps.

Jarwin is on IR. He has been good when given the opportunity. Why do the Cowboys need to get rid of Jarwin?

At least it's not quite as bad as fan's moronic obsession about getting rid of Randy Gregory when Gregory does not cost the team anything while suspended.
- He does not get paid.
- He does not take up a roster spot.

kskboys

Reaction score
The blocking by the TEs was very good in the Falcons game.

The TEs were a big part of how the Cowboys managed to rack up 570 yards of offense and score 40 points with 2 inexperienced OTs.
- The TEs were a big help to the OTs on many snaps.

Jarwin is on IR. He has been good when given the opportunity. Why do the Cowboys need to get rid of Jarwin?

At least it's not quite as bad as fan's moronic obsession about getting rid of Randy Gregory when Gregory does not cost the team anything while suspended.
- He does not get paid.
- He does not take up a roster spot.
It's the FF crowd. They cannot comprehend how blocking helps, and how a good block by the TE or RB is often why Gallup was able to catch the ball 50 yards downfield.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's the FF crowd. They cannot comprehend how blocking helps, and how a good block by the TE or RB is often why Gallup was able to catch the ball 50 yards downfield.
I’ve noticed someone posting in this thread that fits this description ...

kskboys

Reaction score
I’ve noticed someone posting in this thread that fits this description ...
I mean, when the QB gets sacked due to bad protection, they don't seem to have a clue as to why. They blame it on the QB, even if it was a stampede at the snap.

Are they really so lame that they can't even see how a certain block is what makes a play possible?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean, when the QB gets sacked due to bad protection, they don't seem to have a clue as to why. They blame it on the QB, even if it was a stampede at the snap.

Are they really so lame that they can't even see how a certain block is what makes a play possible?
There is a poster in this thread who seems to have no clue that the TE plays this role along with a receiving role, and that the TE playing this role can make as much difference as catching a pass himself. I agree with you, it’s a fantasy football mentality.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Schultz shoulda got flagged for the lowering of the helmet. It was rinky dink contact. The ball was coming out Regardless. It was a Clean play from the D imo. Jarwin lowered his head into it. Lol.

Case Closed.

Now How about posting film of Daks fumble. I wanna see his reaction to not disengaging and going up the field.

Thats what i thought I saw but i know hes a scrub and Dak is usually more clutch. So Im biased. Lmao. Thats what 4 tds against the hapless Giants will do for ya over a couple of years. Lmao.

Yall be doing some koolaide drinking on here and Rogers owns or running the Koolaide stand. Lmao. Hes stuck in the 70's -80s and 90's before the rbs and Slot wrs became a part of the Passing Era. Witten played past his era by 6-7 years imo.

This scheme is trash outside of our division of scrub teams

I think it could have been offsetting. The Defensive player clearly initiated contact, via the blow, to the helmet area as well. I mean, it's the NFL. Even in HS Ball, there aren't a lot of nice guys out there so it comes with the territory. Guys are gonna do what they can do and that's a pretty clear picture of Football, at almost any level. Both guys could have gotten flagged IMO.

I don't believe the scheme is trash but if that's how you see it, that's fine. Any scheme, any one of them from any era, provided it's still within league rules, can be successful, even today. Any scheme, so long as it is executed will work. The problem is typically not the scheme. The problem is the athletes available to actually run said schemes and the interest generated in the fan base. That, to me, is what drives Offenses in many cases.

Flamma

Reaction score

I didn't read through this entire thread, but I think Shultz will do just fine for much of the same reason I thought Jarwin would. There was a thread not too long ago on how I can't see how Jarwin doesn't kick butt this season or something to that effect. Jarwin is better than Shultz. But he got injured and Shultz had to take over. But Shultz is also a pro, and he's taking advantage of the opportunity Jarwin had. We got Coop, Gallup, Lamb, and Zeke for the D to worry about, the TE, as long as he's not trash, he's got a great opportunity.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
So I'm curious. Who did you "Exchange" the "Cowboys" for? Every post I've seen from you seems to be anti-Cowboy (or anti-OmerV). If you're a fan of another team, it's fine, just be honest about it.

I'm a Cowboys fan. I'm just tired of not winning consistently. I thought Schultz had 6 bad quarters and played well for 2 quarters . He lost a fumble and helped create one when dak fumbled imo so why he put up good #'s in this one game

I understand all of the blocking schemes Y'all think I'm ignorant but I'm not . I just think it's an 8-8 scheme about like our record has been for 10 years. These Tes can't even make the plays at blocking an above .500 opponent level much less in a playoff level.
I think it could have been offsetting. The Defensive player clearly initiated contact, via the blow, to the helmet area as well. I mean, it's the NFL. Even in HS Ball, there aren't a lot of nice guys out there so it comes with the territory. Guys are gonna do what they can do and that's a pretty clear picture of Football, at almost any level. Both guys could have gotten flagged IMO.

I don't believe the scheme is trash but if that's how you see it, that's fine. Any scheme, any one of them from any era, provided it's still within league rules, can be successful, even today. Any scheme, so long as it is executed will work. The problem is typically not the scheme. The problem is the athletes available to actually run said schemes and the interest generated in the fan base. That, to me, is what drives Offenses in many cases.

Great scheme as long as it's not used to the point it makes your players gassed or playcalling monotonous.

You know every game teams are gonna force us to beat them w Schultz and Bell. Or witten and hanna, witten and escobar, witten and Swaim, Jarwin and Schultz, Schultz and Bell

I don't have alot of confidence of these guys beating anybody yet. We'll see if they can not make mistakes and win something today . Not because seattle is the greatest defense just because we're not a road team usually and Seattle looks like a contender from coach to qb on down.

The Cowboys match up good against seattle. I hope the majic doesn't run out on Schultz but when I dive deep into my intuition I don't see the Rabbit we need to pull out of the hat!! Js.

I just hope the guys like Pollard and Brown get more involved. Brown made a dynamic play last week but it got called back. Pollard has shown some big play potential and I'd like to see what him and Zeke can do as a passing tandem with Cooper, Gallop, and Lamb on the field.

Im frankly tired of watching a rushing leader every year thats 8-8. I'm sorry.

kskboys

Reaction score
I didn't read through this entire thread, but I think Shultz will do just fine for much of the same reason I thought Jarwin would. There was a thread not too long ago on how I can't see how Jarwin doesn't kick butt this season or something to that effect. Jarwin is better than Shultz. But he got injured and Shultz had to take over. But Shultz is also a pro, and he's taking advantage of the opportunity Jarwin had. We got Coop, Gallup, Lamb, and Zeke for the D to worry about, the TE, as long as he's not trash, he's got a great opportunity.
Is he? Not sure that's true.