Let’s admit something about Schultz

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I wrote this on Wednesday:

I think Schultz is going to surprise everyone...........Okay, I hope Schultz surprises everyone..............sigh..................I doubt Schultz is going to surprise anyone...............but it would be a nice surprise.

Now I feel bad.

Yep, remember reading it and thinking you were probably drinking a bit (LOL). Either way, damn good call......I'm now truly excited about this kid's future.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
These Tes are not very good. Some of yall drinking the koolaide. When they get shut out for the next 5-6 games putting up zeros then Lets hear how great they are then. This is setting us up for future failure cuz these tes are scrubs on contested passes.

They put up good #'s against atlanta at home and the falcons are a below .500 team who literally choked the game off.

superonyx

Reaction score
Great game but he’s just getting volume and being where he is supposed to be.

He’s doing a good job doing his job. Nothing more.
No player in the league at any position had more catches than Schultz had today and a TD.
That deserves more credit than a "just being where he is supposed to be".

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
He played 3 quarters of catchup against a really bad defense. I'm not sold on Schultz's stat line being the result of talent rather than volume.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
These Tes have no go up and snatch a ball skills. Plus The fumble negated anything good. The numbers were good but the offense is 8-8 w these tes.

This is the same Garrett run offense with a few wrinkles.

Greg the Leg was the Mvp and Cd Lamb did great. But Dak had 3 tds so nobody really stepped up in the Red zone offense. The only bright spot w schultz was the Td. Yall know against a good D or playoff team he'll put up zeros

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He deserves praise. He looked legit today. If he's going to produce at that level.....we may not miss Jarwin as much as I thought. This is the first time I've ever seen why he was a 4th round pick.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
:huh:
These Tes have no go up and snatch a ball skills. Plus The fumble negated anything good. The numbers were good but the offense is 8-8 w these tes.

This is the same Garrett run offense with a few wrinkles.

Greg the Leg was the Mvp and Cd Lamb did great. But Dak had 3 tds so nobody really stepped up in the Red zone offense. The only bright spot w schultz was the Td. Yall know against a good D or playoff team he'll put up zeros
Post a link or these statements are false

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
:huh:
Post a link or these statements are false

Peeps are either Scrambling to make winners out of these tes or prove that witten is better. Lol.

The facts are that these tes cannot carry the team if coop, Gallop or Lamb go down. Where the great tes can.

This dominant Te passing scheme has netted us how much success in the playoffs? Lol.

#82 never won beans and neither will this offense. Not unless they are scaled way back on critical passing downs.

The Wrs and Rbs are the only consistent big play capable players on this team.

Mark my word. We will not win beans with average or below average tes leading the march and dominating passing snapcounts.

WE NEVER HAVE AND WE NEVER WILL!!! THIS SCHEME HAS WON NOTHING AND IT WONT WITHOUT A GREAT TE/'S WITH SOME GO UP AND GET A BALL SKILLS.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Peeps are either Scrambling to make winners out of these tes or prove that witten is better. Lol.

The facts are that these tes cannot carry the team if coop, Gallop or Lamb go down. Where the great tes can.

This dominant Te passing scheme has netted us how much success in the playoffs? Lol.

#82 never won beans and neither will this offense. Not unless they are scaled way back on critical passing downs.

The Wrs and Rbs are the only consistent big play capable players on this team.

Mark my word. We will not win beans with average or below average tes leading the march and dominating passing snapcounts.

WE NEVER HAVE AND WE NEVER WILL!!! THIS SCHEME HAS WON NOTHING AND IT WONT WITHOUT A GREAT TE/'S WITH SOME GO UP AND GET A BALL SKILLS.

Dallas has the weapons to attack, all Schultz has to do is do his job. He will get the one on ones but this offensive is not centered around the TE. No one will mistake him for Kittle or Kelce but he does not have to be that. He has to play his role on this team.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
There is nobody
Dallas has the weapons to attack, all Schultz has to do is do his job. He will get the one on ones but this offensive is not centered around the TE. No one will mistake him for Kittle or Kelce but he does not have to be that. He has to play his role on this team.

That will net us 8-8 bro.
If you dont see Schultz as a top target who can score and make plays at any down and distance in a mistake free manner you are settling for a scrub receiver on 40-50% of the plays.

You are basically telling me that The wrs and Rb can overcome his Lack of Talent instead of actually playing a Talented Player.

Is he a stud or you just think the other 5 skilled players can overcome his lack of sauce.

Ask yourself that question.

What if Cooper Gallop or Lamb go down. Do ya think schultz can make up that production.

Based upon snapcouts yes he is the main cog in our passing offense

You want a scrub receiver on 3rd and 20 or a Playmaker?

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He had a great game, after a disappointing previous game!

I don't blame him for the fumble either. He was punched in the head, and the defender never hit the ball. That was a huge no-call of a personal foul. Absolutely should have been 15 yard penalty, if not ejection also. Look at the point swing on that play too. This game was decided by one point!

Lol?

He was not punched in the head.

Seriously, what game are some of y’all watching?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There is nobody

That will net us 8-8 bro.
If you dont see Schultz as a top target who can score and make plays at any down and distance in a mistake free manner you are settling for a scrub receiver on 40-50% of the plays.

You are basically telling me that The wrs and Rb can overcome his Lack of Talent instead of actually playing a Talented Player.

Is he a stud or you just think the other 5 skilled players can overcome his lack of sauce.

Ask yourself that question.

What if Cooper Gallop or Lamb go down. Do ya think schultz can make up that production.

Based upon snapcouts yes he is the main cog in our passing offense

You want a scrub receiver on 3rd and 20 or a Playmaker?

BS Dallas offense does not revolve around TE, we have 3 big time WR a top RB and backup RB who are all capable of making the big plays. There Is 1 ball for all these weapons, Shultz just has to go out and take care of his responsibility. We are not going to have elite players across the board, some guys are role players they just need to carry out their roles and that is what Schultz did yesterday. Not thing fancy just took advantage of the coverages that Alt had on our main weapons. What if all the WR go down then like any team we are in trouble but no TE is going to carry the team is by some far fetched chance all of the WR go down. That is just stupid

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He's fine, just not athletic enough to really be a consistent difference maker.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I and many of us didn’t see Schultz being able to contribute much.
I’m happy he surprised me today. Actually looked like an NFL TE.

Great game Schultz....
Now get some real shoulder pads.
That TD he caught in stride was amazing... great pass, great catch.