Let’s admit something about Schultz

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Witten was as good a tight end as they come, overall, until the last few years, and what player will just "step aside"? They all have egos, if Witten wasn't up to the task Garrett could have replaced him or reduced his snaps any time, don't buy the "feelings" as the reason he was around so long. If Schultz was all that great even Jerry would have made him the starter.

Witten is a 11 time Pro Bowler, NOBODY gets that many Pro Bowls if they're not an excellent player

Witten hasnt scored against a .500 team in 6-7 years and thats with blanket coverage. He has won nothing and got shut down everytime at the playoff level.

Gronk got double and triple teamed and still produced.

Witten never was a nucleous of a winning formula. Just the other guys around him just like now. Lmao

He was a great te yes until you needed someone to make the winning play and why he played all the snaps he NEVER MADE ANY BRO.

HE COULD GET US TO THE END ZONE HE JUST COULDNT GET US IN THE END ZONE AND CLOSE MAY GET YOU PRO BOWLS BUT IT FOR SURE DIDNT WIN A PLAYOFF GAME FOR US FOR 15 YEARS.

AS AWESOME AS #82 WAS HE WAS STILL A LOSER IN THE RED ZONE AND ON 3RD AND LONG AND ON GAMECHANGING PLAYS and come Playoff Time

Substution would have made him better. Not the same monotonous seam route or checkdown completion for 3 yards on 3rd and 10. Lmao

Substution and Rotation for better Rbs and wrs is crucial when you need a gamechanging play. These tes are worthless at that.

Jay Novachek wasnt a stud with gawdy numbers but he could make those Gamechanging plays

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Shultz is all we/Dak needs for a TE. We don't need a deeper receiving threat when you have Lamb, Cooper and Gallop. You just need a safety valve outlet. I actually think he will be better for our offense as a whole than trying to run Jarwin on deeper routes.

After yesterday i'm starting to move there with you. I know I said something different earlier in this thread but I watched some of it again and i'm going to take a wait and see approach.

Something about the way he moves and breaks in and out of routes is just smooth and he can get leverage on guys like Witten did too.

It looks like what Witten did but less clunky and more quick and agile.

kskboys

Reaction score
Witten hasnt scored against a .500 team in 6-7 years and thats with blanket coverage. He has won nothing and got shut down everytime at the playoff level.

Witten never was a nucleous of a winning formula. Just the other guys around him just like now. Lmao

He was a great te yes until you needed someone to make the winning play and why he played all the snaps he NEVER MADE ANY BRO.

HE COULD GET US TO THE END ZONE HE JUST COULDNT GET US IN THE END ZONE AND CLOSE MAY GET YOU PRO BOWLS BUT IT FOR SURE DIDNT WIN A PLAYOFF GAME FOR US FOR 15 YEARS.

AS AWESOME AS #82 WAS HE WAS STILL A LOSER IN THE RED ZONE AND ON 3RD AND LONG AND ON GAMECHANGING PLAYS and come Playoff Time

Substution would have made him better. Not the same monotonous seam route or checkdown completion for 3 yards on 3rd and 10. Lmao
This is one nonsensical post!!!!!!

starfan1

Reaction score
not tooting my horn but he became a whipping boy for a lot on here for some reason.

Now I don't think he'll be some stud, but some on here are too quick on banishing a player over a bad play. Especially when they get limited snaps.

well dropping crucial passes that cost points will do that but he played great yesterday minus that fumble but sometimes the defense makes plays

aikemirv

Reaction score
After yesterday i'm starting to move there with you. I know I said something different earlier in this thread but I watched some of it again and i'm going to take a wait and see approach.

Something about the way he moves and breaks in and out of routes is just smooth.

It looks like what Witten did but less clunky and more quick and agile.

And Dak DOES NOT want to get out of the pocket so having that outlet is invaluable to him.

I wish he would get out of the pocket more/better but he just refuses to.

The advent and explosion on the mobile QB is because of the fact that when you get out of the pocket the defense breaks down and good things happen for the offense - almost all the time!

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
he was the best at catching the ball a few yards short of a first down.

Especially in those 3 straight 8-8 Elimination Games under Carrot Top.

Thats when i got off the Avg te playing every passing snap caboose.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I hear nothing, I see nothing, and I know nothing..........

Good game Sgt Schultz.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And Dak DOES NOT want to get out of the pocket so having that outlet is invaluable to him.

I wish he would get out of the pocket more/better but he just refuses to.

The advent and explosion on the mobile QB is because of the fact that when you get out of the pocket the defense breaks down and good things happen for the offense - almost all the time!

Well said..

Good things happen when QB's roll out and break the pocket.

cern

Reaction score
i predicted breakout years for schultz and noah brown.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
I and many of us didn’t see Schultz being able to contribute much.
I’m happy he surprised me today. Actually looked like an NFL TE.

Great game Schultz....
Now get some real shoulder pads.

Is that what it is? He looks weird and small to me. He looks like he's super short and small compared to all the other players. I googled his height earlier just cause I was curious and he was 6-5 through 6-6.
Maybe the shoulder pads are why he looks so weird and small to me.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only reason people really thought we had no TE's on this team because that selfish loser Witten would never allow anyone behind him get a fair look. And now look. Good riddance to him. He was as bad as Garrett.
False comment because (1) Witten didn’t set the lineup or decide playing time. That’s on the coaches. And (2) many people actually did think we had a solid TE on the team before Jarwin went down.

By the way, that “loser“ will be in the Hall of Fame.

morasp

Reaction score
morasp---i thought same thing at the time...2018 was a good draft
I thought it was a good draft also. It's a mistake to judge players too early since there are a lot of factors that can impact their development. Schultz played at Stanford so he's probably mentally sharp. I watched a pre draft video of him teaching younger players some nuances of the position and was impressed with his knowledge.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Substution and Rotation for better Rbs and wrs is crucial when you need a gamechanging play. These tes are worthless at that.

Jay Novachek wasnt a stud with gawdy numbers but he could make those Gamechanging plays

Witt didn't get in the end zone because they were too busy throwing to Dez, etc. He was not used properly in his last few years, Garrett refused to throw to him in the end zone with any regularity.

As far as 3rd and long, he was never fast, he was a complete tight end, unlike guys like Kelce, etc. whose blocking was laughable at best. Long throws wasn't his game.
His catch rate was never less than 71% his last 4 seasons at Dallas, that's what he was used for, to get yards because the other receivers had NO IDEA how to get open, he had to stay in and block a lot his last few years. None of that was his fault. He could have had more yards, catches and tds if he'd been used properly.

You know nothing about how valuable Witten was, NOTHING...

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
False comment because (1) Witten didn’t set the lineup or decide playing time. That’s on the coaches. And (2) many people actually did think we had a solid TE on the team before Jarwin went down.

By the way, that “loser“ will be in the Hall of Fame.

How is Jarwin and this Te core doing this year Rogers? I told ya so that Jarwin would break down quickly. I also told ya it would be the same 11 and 12 personnel under Jerrys puppet. Im telling ya again it will be one and done in the playoffs if we even make it with these tes. Told ya so for 6-7 straight years. This everydown te core passing scheme is trash. I dont care if Mahomes is running it and we have 3 All pro wrs and rb. Told ya so told ya so and at the end of this season I told ya so lmao

Youve been all te hype for 6-7 years. When is all your hype gonna come to fruition???? Lmao. My eyes dont lie.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Lol?

He was not punched in the head.

Seriously, what game are some of y’all watching?

Please go re-watch that one play. Upon first view, it seemed the defender punched the ball out. Watch in slow motion. The defender never touched the ball. His fist 100% hit Schultz in the face.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Please go re-watch that one play. Upon first view, it seemed the defender punched the ball out. Watch in slow motion. The defender never touched the ball. His fist 100% hit Schultz in the face.

A fumble is a fumble if you dont get caught.

Also Dak fumbled the ball because he was waiting to toss the ball to Schultz who was about 1- 2 seconds late moving up the field and would have been wide open.

That was as much on Schultz as it was Dak. Lmao.

The truth is these tes are not Great. I dont think they are even that good. My assessment is they offer nothing to our passing Game as receivers for 6-7 years and so far I have been Right.

I hope they substitute for some better weapon on critical passing downs because the 2 quarters of good play doesnt overshadow the 6 quarters of straight trash play from this te core.

They were the reason we got down by so many points to begin with. We just got lucky that Julio Jones frted instead of catching the game winner.

Until we shore up Safety or Te or start substituting for better weapons than these tes on critical passing downs we'll be lucky to Even make the playoffs. Much less win a playoff game. Lol

A four td a year te core hasnt won beans playing every snap since the 90's. He he he.

This is not the 90's. Yall stuck in the nineties era.

Last edited:

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Good chance to evaluate Schultz long-term. Sorry for Jarwin but he is done, I'm not expecting him to recover and be any good after that injury. Schultz was supposed to be the better blocker so if he can be a decent receiving TE then he might have a chance.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is Jarwin and this Te core doing this year Rogers? I told ya so that Jarwin would break down quickly. I also told ya it would be the same 11 and 12 personnel under Jerrys puppet. Im telling ya again it will be one and done in the playoffs if we even make it with these tes. Told ya so for 6-7 straight years. This everydown te core passing scheme is trash. I dont care if Mahomes is running it and we have 3 All pro wrs and rb. Told ya so told ya so and at the end of this season I told ya so lmao

Youve been all te hype for 6-7 years. When is all your hype gonna come to fruition???? Lmao. My eyes dont lie.
What does this have to do with what I wrote? You can't just make up any commentary you want and pretend it somehow applies to what you quoted.

But if you want to talk about what the TE's have done this year, they were huge yesterday. Did you watch the game? I'm not saying they will continue to play as well, but your question was about how they are doing, not how they will do in the future.

As for Jarwin, he didn't "break down", he had an injury. That happens in football.