Let’s admit something about Schultz

blueblood70

Reaction score
I and many of us didn’t see Schultz being able to contribute much.
I’m happy he surprised me today. Actually looked like an NFL TE.

Great game Schultz....
Now get some real shoulder pads.
also kudos to the coaches who were basted for not going out to get another street TE and stayed with THEIR GUYS and were getting hammered for it..maybe they saw these guys in practice, break down actual film, Bell adn Shultz look similar to solid starter duo then not..

why waste resources on position that will see limited balls as we have 3 Wrs and 2 RBs that also will get fed.. we just need solid play out of our TE group..

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
BS Dallas offense does not revolve around TE, we have 3 big time WR a top RB and backup RB who are all capable of making the big plays. There Is 1 ball for all these weapons, Shultz just has to go out and take care of his responsibility. We are not going to have elite players across the board, some guys are role players they just need to carry out their roles and that is what Schultz did yesterday. Not thing fancy just took advantage of the coverages that Alt had on our main weapons. What if all the WR go down then like any team we are in trouble but no TE is going to carry the team is by some far fetched chance all of the WR go down. That is just stupid

Jared Cook, Gronk, kittle, Graham, can i promise ya.

Schultz played the best game of his life against a scrub defense. Put him up against a top defender or double team and watch them zeros every week. He dropped 3 passes last week and fumbled this week.

Why cant you see the suck in these tes??? And just the Glory of the talent around a scrub.

If his job is not scoring or making gamechanging plays and taking a back seat to the other 5 skilled players then yes hes a winner if he doesnt fumble or drop passes but he cant even do that. Lmao Even playing the Game of his life against a subpar Defense

aikemirv

Reaction score
Shultz is all we/Dak needs for a TE. We don't need a deeper receiving threat when you have Lamb, Cooper and Gallop. You just need a safety valve outlet. I actually think he will be better for our offense as a whole than trying to run Jarwin on deeper routes.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jared Cook, Gronk, kittle, Graham, can i promise ya.

Schultz played the best game of his life against a scrub defense. Put him up against a top defender or double team and watch them zeros every week. He dropped 3 passes last week and fumbled this week.

Why cant you see the suck in these tes??? And just the Glory of the talent around a scrub.

who in their right mind is going to double team our TE when you have cooper, gallup and Lamb out there? leaving them in 1 on 1 is a losing battle. Hate to tell you no team can afford top players at all position, get a clue

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
who in their right mind is going to double team our TE when you have cooper, gallup and Lamb out there? leaving them in 1 on 1 is a losing battle. Hate to tell you no team can afford top players at all position, get a clue

Thats why substitution is critical. Use more dual rbs and dual slot wrs. Change the scheme.

If you got some cash youre willing to squander away on the principle of having a scrub receiver on every passing down then I WANT SOME OF IT!!

Witten made 8 million as a scrub. They could have gotten cook for that. Lmao

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Thats why substitution is critical. Use more dual rbs and dual slot wrs. Change the scheme.

If you got some cash youre willing to squander away on the principle of having a scrub receiver on every passing down then I WANT SOME OF IT!!

Your are entitled to your opinion but you are full of crap. Schultz is not elite but he is capable of doing the job on a team who is not centered around TE. DC are not coming in focused on our TE so that will leave some good matchups for Schultz and Bell. They do not need to carry the team they just need to do their jobs. Acting as if this team is centered around TE is either being blind of stupid

Bowdown27

Reaction score
He played well came up with some nice catches. The fumble was tough. They seemed to be stripping everyone at the beginning of the game.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He played well came up with some nice catches. The fumble was tough. They seemed to be stripping everyone at the beginning of the game.

Funny, every offseason we hear from different defensive players on our team saying “oh, we’ve really been working on creating turnovers...”

When are we actually see that executed?

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Your are entitled to your opinion but you are full of crap. Schultz is not elite but he is capable of doing the job on a team who is not centered around TE. DC are not coming in focused on our TE so that will leave some good matchups for Schultz and Bell. They do not need to carry the team they just need to do their jobs. Acting as if this team is centered around TE is either being blind of stupid

If he is the last option to throw to on Every passing down like ya say then why is it imparative to play him on every snap like hes a stud?

If hes not the main cog then why is he getting all of the snaps like one? Lmao.

Youre a Genius thats why we have zero playoff wins with this scheme

A te that cant score or make plays from any down and distance is holding the team back if hes playing every snap and were not winning bro.

So no its not ok. Especially if hes making mistakes. #82 sucked for 6 years but he was healthy and made very few mistakes and we still couldnt win with him playing all those snaps.

Techsass

Reaction score
I was hyped up over him when he was drafted. That went away pretty early. I still don't see him as our starting TE, but he has a chance at a 2nd contract.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The only reason people really thought we had no TE's on this team because that selfish loser Witten would never allow anyone behind him get a fair look. And now look. Good riddance to him. He was as bad as Garrett.

Witten was as good a tight end as they come, overall, until the last few years, and what player will just "step aside"? They all have egos, if Witten wasn't up to the task Garrett could have replaced him or reduced his snaps any time, don't buy the "feelings" as the reason he was around so long. If Schultz was all that great even Jerry would have made him the starter.

Witten is a 11 time Pro Bowler, NOBODY gets that many Pro Bowls if they're not an excellent player

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I and many of us didn’t see Schultz being able to contribute much.
I’m happy he surprised me today. Actually looked like an NFL TE.

Great game Schultz....
Now get some real shoulder pads.

super--- I liked the pick at #4..cant remember if it was 2017 or 18..he was a decent blocker and receive when they targeted him...he just did not get a ton of targets...but when he first came in he was not strong enough at the point of attack

but after a couple years in NFL weight room...he has gotten noticeably stronger....he is not super fast...4.75 40 at combine ...15 reps bench....but yesterday minus a fumble Shultz played great..he is filling shoes at present for TE #1