Let’s avoid the classless stuff

Cmac

Reaction score
Dak gambled and lost.
It's the NFL where the next play might be players last.
The Star dies for no one including Dak....The next man up is Mr. Dalton if he can't do it we keep looking for our next Superbowl QB!
Long live the Glory of the Star!!!
So Andy is the Red Pistol with that picture.....I thought he was the Red Rifle?

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Incorrect. I was not a fan of dak the qb but it has nothing to do with him getting hurt. I felt horrible for him as he was having a great year from what I understand.

While there are certainly a holes in the world, not all of us, pull that crap.
Great post. Exactly how I feel.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Emotion shouldn't drive a GM's decision on personnel, it's what got us stuck with Garrett for 10 years. Jerry's love of the Garrett family.

I feel awful for Dak, but he took a gamble when he didn't sign. Ballsy decision. But it is what it is now.

Really hope Jerry/Stephen don't use emotion as part of their decision-making process going forward in figuring out the QB situation.

This exactly. Everyone focused on how unjust it is that Dak may have lost his contract gamble, but nobody is applauding Jerry for potentially winning his gamble.

It's not minimizing or celebrating how devastating Dak's injury is to applaud Jerry for sticking to his guns. You can regret the injury and be thankful for the franchise tag at the same time.

People that would encourage Jerry to put the last offer back on the table today aren't supporting the Cowboys and their future - they are asking for charity for a beloved player.

ShortRound

Reaction score
This exactly. Everyone focused on how unjust it is that Dak may have lost his contract gamble, but nobody is applauding Jerry for potentially winning his gamble.

It's not minimizing or celebrating how devastating Dak's injury is to applaud Jerry for sticking to his guns. You can regret the injury and be thankful for the franchise tag at the same time.

People that would encourage Jerry to put the last offer back on the table today aren't supporting the Cowboys and their future - they are asking for charity for a beloved player.

I really don't want to sound callous toward Dak, but we have to think of the team and the future.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Feel bad for Dak but pointing out that he should have signed the 5 year deal is relevant. He cost himself 100 million dollars with that stupidity.

Are you really pointing out something that nobody knows? Or if everyone already knows this, then are you really pointing something out or doing something else?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am huge Dak fan ...... But I do not offer him a big contract until I know that ankle is healed.

But I think he will be back stronger than ever.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
When I was younger, I have to admit that I really didn't think about the players outside of football. Then, Sean Taylor getting killed hit me like a ton of bricks in the face. Real human being. Gone. Football didn't matter. It didn't matter that he was from a "hated" rival.

So, I don't want to see any of these young men get hurt. Not any of my Cowboys' players. Not any one else's players. This is just a game. It's a game that has been a central focus in my life. It's a game that provided me with some of the happiest of times with my dad before he was gone. It's a game that has always given me something to look forward to. But, it's still a game.

I'm genuinely sad he was hurt. I hope Dak comes back faster and healthier than the injury made it look possible.

I remember the whole Sean Taylor thing, back then the fans from the Cowboys Zone showed they had more class than eagles fans, showing their support to the ES Crowd. Yesterday, it looks like our fan base isn't as full of Class as it was back then, and we are acting like Eagle Fans to one of our own.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Great post, unfortunately in today's climate I can't even root for this team and to listen to all the dog whistles on this forum which the mods empower.
They're gutter trash. All these dudes. And they are soft. In real life they live in their parents basement and won't bust a grape in a fruit fight. But they get a Rowdy avatar and let their fingers go typing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Emotion shouldn't drive a GM's decision on personnel, it's what got us stuck with Garrett for 10 years. Jerry's love of the Garrett family.

I feel awful for Dak, but he took a gamble when he didn't sign. Ballsy decision. But it is what it is now.

Really hope Jerry/Stephen don't use emotion as part of their decision-making process going forward in figuring out the QB situation.
What do you consider a emotional decision? Re-signing him?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m pointing out that Dak bet it all on black and 14 red came up. Cruel fate.

Its crazy that this is the narrative being painted about Dak as if he can't be franchised again which the Cowboys will do if he recovers. There is no way the Cowboys let Dak walk for nothing.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
I would've done my best to get Burrow, Tua, or Herbert last draft.

I even posted that on this forum.

Jerry should hire me and I could save him from some of his moronic decisions..

While you guys were applauding the McCarthy hire who was on here saying not so fast? CATCH17

I could've saved them 10 years of Garrett while some of you were telling me he was the next Landry.

We do a lot of dumb stuff in terms of team building and I see a lot of you on here applauding while it happens and we just continue to take L after L after L and you guys make excuse after excuse after excuse.

Paying Dak all the money he wants is just the next thing in line of stupid things we will do and at the end of it we will look back on it and think WOW... That was really stupid.
Burrow, Tua, and Herbert were drafted 1,5, and 6 respectively. You would've had to give up the farm to get them.

Dak was having a career year up until his injury, and the defense has been historically bad. Which would be hard to fix without draft picks you would have had to given up.

Mccarthy is 5 games into the weirdest season we've ever seen, relax.

You would not have been a good GM, not sorry to burst your bubble...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Burrow, Tua, and Herbert were drafted 1,5, and 6 respectively. You would have had to give up the farm to get them.

Dak was having a career year up until his injury, and the defense has been historically bad. Which would be hard to fix without draft picks bargaining chips.

Mccarthy is 5 games into the weirdest season we've ever seen, relax.

You would not have been a good GM, not sorry to burst your bubble...

Dak’s numbers are impressive if you are a fantasy football player..

In real life there should be context attached to those numbers.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Dak’s numbers are impressive if you are a fantasy football player..

In real life there should be context attached to those numbers.
The real life context is again, the defense has been historically bad. Giving up 30+ on average is a steep hill to climb for any QB.

rags

Reaction score
People in here celebrating Dak's injury? And they call themselves "fans." They should be ashamed of themselves.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember the whole Sean Taylor thing, back then the fans from the Cowboys Zone showed they had more class than eagles fans, showing their support to the ES Crowd. Yesterday, it looks like our fan base isn't as full of Class as it was back then, and we are acting like Eagle Fans to one of our own.
I think the number of classy Cowboys fans far outweigh the classless ones.