Let’s avoid the classless stuff

LittleD

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of fans here who aren’t fans of Dak. I also believe most Cowboys fans, regardless of opinions on the QB situation, are good people who respect our players even if they don’t like their play. Whatever they think of Dak, most would agree that Dak Prescott is a good dude, and in light of his gruesome injury, would show the class we would all expect Cowboys fans to exhibit.

So I have a request: For the few trolls who post completely ridiculous and disrespectful posts about Dak for no other reason to get a rise out of us- can we just avoid posting there altogether so those outrageous threads just die a natural death.

I was saddened to see a 27 year old young man who has suffered some very difficult family losses in his young life, have a serious injury added to his personal challenges. Whatever you think of him as a QB, I would hope we could all at least show a little empathy. I am a Dak fan, but I would feel bad for any of our players who suffered such a devastating injury.

Let’s stay classy. This world is already a pretty negative place these days that could use some empathy and kindness.

No problem. He is a good guy. He's just not a top 5 QB and is not worthy of 150mil+ which will hamstring this franchise for another decade. I'm sad that he was hurt so bad but, this might preclude Jerry from making another of his gargantuan mistakes overpaying players. We already have enough overrated, overpaid players on this team and the results are evident for all to see.

conner01

Reaction score
Feel bad for Dak but pointing out that he should have signed the 5 year deal is relevant. He cost himself 100 million dollars with that stupidity.
Time will tell if it was a mistake or genius by dak
If he gets an even better deal next year then he won

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Dak gambled and lost.
It's the NFL where the next play might be players last.
The Star dies for no one including Dak....The next man up is Mr. Dalton if he can't do it we keep looking for our next Superbowl QB!
Long live the Glory of the Star!!!

You are trash. I know you are not coming out and saying it verbatim but you are 100% happy this happened for your own narrative. it's clear by this post. But it is not surprise coming from you.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
No problem. He is a good guy. He's just not a top 5 QB and is not worthy of 150mil+ which will hamstring this franchise for another decade. I'm sad that he was hurt so bad but, this might preclude Jerry from making another of his gargantuan mistakes overpaying players. We already have enough overrated, overpaid players on this team and the results are evident for all to see.

The 'But' in your statement says it all. You are 100% happy Dak got injured and put his contract in limbo. You said it yourself.So many out there like you. You use this injury to tell us how this is a blessing in disguise. You are not fooling people by sugar coating it with telling us how great a guy Dak is and you were sad lmao.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Sorry Bob, this thread turned sideways in a hurry. I applaud your original post but the misguided will never adhere.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What exactly is classless? It seems to me now, any criticism of Dak (or God forbid, praise for Dalton) is now seen as classless? That stuff is off the table because Dak got injured? People are acting like he died or something.
Things like celebrating his injury

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Bones heal. He'll be fine. It's not life or death.

B972-DDD9-64-D0-4-FB4-9-F1-D-DEB63790802-A.jpg

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are trash. I know you are not coming out and saying it verbatim but you are 100% happy this happened for your own narrative. it's clear by this post. But it is not surprise coming from you.

I refuse to lower myself to your level......GL have a feeling dude like yourself will need it in life!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bones heal. He'll be fine. It's not life or death.
It's daily life in the NFL.
How did Dak get to start as 2 QB went down for him to go under center?
The NFL is a violent physical league....this ain't baseball you know????

ondaedg

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of fans here who aren’t fans of Dak. I also believe most Cowboys fans, regardless of opinions on the QB situation, are good people who respect our players even if they don’t like their play. Whatever they think of Dak, most would agree that Dak Prescott is a good dude, and in light of his gruesome injury, would show the class we would all expect Cowboys fans to exhibit.

So I have a request: For the few trolls who post completely ridiculous and disrespectful posts about Dak for no other reason to get a rise out of us- can we just avoid posting there altogether so those outrageous threads just die a natural death.

I was saddened to see a 27 year old young man who has suffered some very difficult family losses in his young life, have a serious injury added to his personal challenges. Whatever you think of him as a QB, I would hope we could all at least show a little empathy. I am a Dak fan, but I would feel bad for any of our players who suffered such a devastating injury.

Let’s stay classy. This world is already a pretty negative place these days that could use some empathy and kindness.

Instant ignore to anyone who is openly celebrating Dak’s injury.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Feel bad for Dak but pointing out that he should have signed the 5 year deal is relevant. He cost himself 100 million dollars with that stupidity.
Wasn't stupidity, he bet on himself and whether this affects a long term deal remains to be seen. He will work the rehab like a madman as he only has one speed.

This was the real risk he took but he's never had injury issues so he bet against that and he took the chance and ran with the ball. He was playing like he always does with little regard for his own body.

I look at this young man and his history for overcoming obstacles and seizing opportunities when presented to him and he will take this on like he has everything else.

His decision to go into this season on the tag wasn't stupid but it certainly might have effect on other plyers going forward if this turns south on him. That type of injury has ended careers.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Wasn't stupidity, he bet on himself and whether this affects a long term deal remains to be seen. He will work the rehab like a madman as he only has one speed.

This was the real risk he took but he's never had injury issues so he bet against that and he took the chance and ran with the ball. He was playing like he always does with little regard for his own body.

I look at this young man and his history for overcoming obstacles and seizing opportunities when presented to him and he will take this on like he has everything else.

His decision to go into this season on the tag wasn't stupid but it certainly might have effect on other plyers going forward if this turns south on him. That type of injury has ended careers.

I disagree with the gamble...all I’m saying. NBA, MLB maybe but don’t gamble against injury in the NFL....it was naive. It certainly was best for the team that he didn’t sign, in hindsight.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the most potential fascinating story lines is if Dalton plays at a high level with this group of players around him and the Cowboys still bow down to Dak's contract demands.

Dallas is a bad team with Dak. If Dalton comes in and gives you similar play are you really going to lock us down into mediocrity with a Dak contract just because he's a solid player and he's a free agent?

Good QB's are easier than ever to find and I think this Dalton experiment is about to show that. Many regarded him as one of the worst QB's in the league. I think he comes in and we don't see a huge drop off in results.
Dallas is a bad team because the defense is an afterthought form the follow the ball GM.

There are a lot of GM's that would disagree with that "good QB's are easier to find".

I think if you go back and watch Dalton play in CIN the last two years, you will see why they decided to start over at QB. What you are going to see is 8 in the box more against the Cowboys than any other team because the DC's know the Cowboys must run the ball.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Emotion shouldn't drive a GM's decision on personnel, it's what got us stuck with Garrett for 10 years. Jerry's love of the Garrett family.

I feel awful for Dak, but he took a gamble when he didn't sign. Ballsy decision. But it is what it is now.

Really hope Jerry/Stephen don't use emotion as part of their decision-making process going forward in figuring out the QB situation.