Let’s avoid the classless stuff

HungryLion

Reaction score
I would've done my best to get Burrow, Tua, or Herbert last draft.

I even posted that on this forum.

Jerry should hire me and I could save him from some of his moronic decisions..

While you guys were applauding the McCarthy hire who was on here saying not so fast? CATCH17

I could've saved them 10 years of Garrett while some of you were telling me he was the next Landry.

We do a lot of dumb stuff in terms of team building and I see a lot of you on here applauding while it happens and we just continue to take L after L after L and you guys make excuse after excuse after excuse.

Paying Dak all the money he wants is just the next thing in line of stupid things we will do and at the end of it we will look back on it and think WOW... That was really stupid.

My bad. Catch17 is the next great GM in the league.

We are all fools for questioning you.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I would've done my best to get Burrow, Tua, or Herbert last draft.

I even posted that on this forum.

Jerry should hire me and I could save him from some of his moronic decisions..

While you guys were applauding the McCarthy hire who was on here saying not so fast? CATCH17

I could've saved them 10 years of Garrett while some of you were telling me he was the next Landry.

We do a lot of dumb stuff in terms of team building and I see a lot of you on here applauding while it happens and we just continue to take L after L after L and you guys make excuse after excuse after excuse.

Paying Dak all the money he wants is just the next thing in line of stupid things we will do and at the end of it we will look back on it and think WOW... That was really stupid.

OMG!!

Do you know how much money you could make as a GM of a franchise?

You’re an absolute wunderkind (I assume you’re also incredibly young while being so smart.) Why aren’t you peddling your talents in the NFL? If it’s lack of qualifications, you could get hired as a janitor and at night when the facility is empty you could write incredibly complex plays on white boards that would blow people’s minds! Sounds like a plot for a great movie!!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Dak was not having a great year.

Just because he feasted on bad defenses after we were down multiple scores doesn't mean he was having a great year.

I know the lazy box score nerds will use that as some type of feather in his cap but our offense and it's slow starts are a problem and he has contributed to that almost every game with slow starts and turnovers.
Dude, I have not watched 5 minutes of football all year.

My choice.

Regardless I am not going to dog on dak after he got hurt.

Also my choice.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Everyone knows Dak has had it good. If you can't admit that we can't have an honest conversation.

This is the worst he has had it.

It's just like Russell Wilson. He's an actual elite QB and he's had chaos around him. There isn't a lot difference between Dallas and Seattle.

They have a horrible defense. Their Oline is improving but it has been putrid.

But Russell finds ways to win. He still can't overcome his contract at the end of the day in terms of the big picture but he finds a way to be successful..

Everyone knows. I love how ridiculous and self centered of a person you have to be to use that phrase.

No. You think you know. That’s all.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Feel bad for Dak but pointing out that he should have signed the 5 year deal is relevant. He cost himself 100 million dollars with that stupidity.

well the class phase didn’t last long...calling him stupid at this moment puts you in a class all by yourself...lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That’s what’s amazing to me about so many of these geniuses. In one breath they say it’s “easy” (LMAO!) to find a good QB in the league and in the next they are wishing we tank for Lawrence because you know, good QB play is so “easy” to find that it would be better to trash a whole season and put a season’s worth of extreme physical wear and tear on on our players bodies just so that we could grab that QB that is SO EASY to get.

Finding good QB play is easy.

Finding great talent isn't.

Lawrence is a great talent.

I gamble on talent all day.. If it busts then it busts but I think with how the NFL offenses are becoming so similar to college spreads that it is less likely for QB's to bust.

Especially big school QB's.

Some of these teams just take a QB just to take one and people scream but what about those guys? Common sense would tell you that some of these guys don't have a shot.

Someone like Justin Herbert though? That guy's upside is so high. That is what you draft. If it doesn't work out then whatever but there isn't a throw on the field he can't make and he can run.

The difference between Derek Carr and Dak Prescott is not big and Derek Carr's become available all the time.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of fans here who aren’t fans of Dak. I also believe most Cowboys fans, regardless of opinions on the QB situation, are good people who respect our players even if they don’t like their play. Whatever they think of Dak, most would agree that Dak Prescott is a good dude, and in light of his gruesome injury, would show the class we would all expect Cowboys fans to exhibit.

So I have a request: For the few trolls who post completely ridiculous and disrespectful posts about Dak for no other reason to get a rise out of us- can we just avoid posting there altogether so those outrageous threads just die a natural death.

I was saddened to see a 27 year old young man who has suffered some very difficult family losses in his young life, have a serious injury added to his personal challenges. Whatever you think of him as a QB, I would hope we could all at least show a little empathy. I am a Dak fan, but I would feel bad for any of our players who suffered such a devastating injury.

Let’s stay classy. This world is already a pretty negative place these days that could use some empathy and kindness.
Great post, unfortunately in today's climate I can't even root for this team and to listen to all the dog whistles on this forum which the mods empower.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Finding good QB play is easy.

Finding great talent isn't.

Lawrence is a great talent.

I gamble on talent all day.. If it busts then it busts but I think with how the NFL offenses are becoming so similar to college spreads that it is less likely for QB's to bust.

Especially big school QB's.

Some of these teams just take a QB just to take one and people scream but what about those guys? Common sense would tell you that some of these guys don't have a shot.

Someone like Justin Herbert though? That guy's upside is so high. That is what you draft. If it doesn't work out then whatever but there isn't a throw on the field he can't make and he can run.

The difference between Derek Carr and Dak Prescott is not big and Derek Carr's become available all the time.

Why don’t you post the history of top 10 QBs drafted relative to a boom or bust or middling career and then after doing that, use your mathematical formula that you have subjectively perfected to gauge “great talent” to show where all the morons and idiots who have spent decades grooming their professional abilities to discern talent got it wrong and why they still can’t do it right.

that should be easy for you.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
There isn't a lot difference between Dallas and Seattle? :lmao2:

What's "a lot"? That's difficult to define. Is Seattle better? Based on play and results, yes they are, but it doesn't take a huge increase in talent, or coaching to make a pretty big difference in the NFL. Put Wilson on the Cowboys, would he be a SB champ an two time NFC champ? Maybe, but even if he got the team to the NFC championship game a couple of times, that'd mean "a lot" of difference between Dallas and Seattle, as far as play and results, I think most would agree. But that was considering the rest of the team and the coaches were the same as with Dak, so overall, no, there wouldn't be "a lot" of difference.

The talent level in the NFL is pretty close, when you consider the thousands of college players, and only 1,696 players on NFL active roster, a player has to be very good just to get on an NFL roster. The Macks, Donalds, etc. stand out because they are just a bit faster, stronger, smarter, etc., it's not like Donald runs a 4.40 forty yard dash and the rest of the DTs run 5.0s.

Not sure the amount of difference can be determined to any great degree...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Feel bad for Dak but pointing out that he should have signed the 5 year deal is relevant. He cost himself 100 million dollars with that stupidity.

Suddenly guys who wanted Dak gone are concerned about his personal finances. :muttley:

Dude's making $30 million, has insurance for this type of situation, and will play football again.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Suddenly guys who wanted Dak gone are concerned about his personal finances. :muttley:

Dude's making $30 million, has insurance for this type of situation, and will play football again.

Honestly after watching Dak for 4 weeks this season I wanted him signed long term. I’ve always loved him as a guy, and he improved his passing a lot the past couple years. So I didn’t want him gone.

But his holdout was a huge mystery/storyline for this team in the offseason and I find it fascinating how things worked out. I feel bad for Dak, I really do, the guy didn’t deserve that fate. But I’m not so attached to players I can’t discuss the reality of the situation.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm happy the Cowboys have a new starting QB.

If that offends you or anyone else I don't care.

I'm glad you are showing us the type of person you really are, as opposed to pretending to have class. Honesty is in such short supply these days.

Hats off to you @PAPPYDOG , @CATCH17 , and a few other people I'm glad I'll never meet in real life. You guys rock. :thumbup:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
What exactly is classless? It seems to me now, any criticism of Dak (or God forbid, praise for Dalton) is now seen as classless? That stuff is off the table because Dak got injured? People are acting like he died or something.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
He hurt his ankle. People are acting like he is dead. He'll be ok.
he will play again. How well he recovers is the question. His mobility was a huge part of his game. I shattered my ankle after some a-hole slid spikes up into it at second base in a softball rec league. I’m not the same and will never be the same. Granted Dak is going to have state of the art medical care but injuries to joints like an ankle are extremely serious relative to athletic careers. There are lots and lots of areas for arthritis to set in. It’s a bad injury for a QB.