Let Dak walk, Get Derek Carr this offseason?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
It's not an appeal to anything but simply understanding what I see. Statistics are easily manipulated to tell whatever story you want, regardless of the truth.

The two guys are polar opposites of the same problem. Carr is a physically perfect quarterback who struggles in the moment and doesn't command his offense all the time as he should. Dak is a leader of men who lacks the physical talents to fully run a complete NFL passing attack.
Well then, manipulate the stats in a way that suggests Carr is better than Dak since it can be so easily done.

Nav22

Reaction score
I have forgotten more football than you'll ever know, SON!
“Most backup QBs are good”

Might be the single most untrue statement ever typed on this board.

A Japanese exchange student who doesn’t know what football is couldn’t make a more ridiculously stupid statement about the sport.

Congrats!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Most backup QBs are good”

Might be the single most untrue statement ever typed on this board.

A Japanese exchange student who doesn’t know what football is couldn’t make a more ridiculously stupid statement about the sport.

Congrats!
STHU!!! They aren't as good as Brady or Rodgers, but they will hold their own in this simplified offense. Go back to your ship and your boys

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sure, I agree his good , but is he 40 (or 32,35, etc… whatever) million good ? That was my point since the beginning .

Is 40 million a justifiable pay for : a 4th round pick who is #14 after 3 years ?

It was nonsense. Dak never asked for 40 million. He is probably asking for 35 and the Cowboys are at 32. I don't think any QB is worth 30 million to be honest. Its all stupid money. But based on the market, Dak should get around 32 million. I don't make up the rules. IN 3 years, this will be a bargain contract and Dak will be around the 12 highest paid QB. Its the nature of new contracts.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh. Lord. Let the season start now? Good grief.

What is going to change once the season starts? The same trolls will shut up after a good game and be all over the board after a pick or a loss. Even when Dak brought us back in the 4th quarter for a do or die win, the trolls would complain that he wouldn't have had to win the game for us if he played better the first 3 quarters. LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think Carr and Dak are similar level players. Dak at $40M vs Carr at $25M? I might take Carr. I like Dak’s ball security better and his ability to run the football.

Dak needs to run the ball 6 times per game to keep defenses honest
yes it that Scenario I agree, Dak demanding more then 30 is too much IMO and may land on 32.5 but that is just not sitting right with me and I see teams with serviceable Qbs win with good players arou d them and Carr we an see what he does with 2nd year with Gruden, has Jacobs, and Brown..what if he excels He wont be available..lol if he were I might take him at 27 over Dak for 34 ..those who are homers see Dak as better but Daks not even better then Cousins as a passer..they keep bringing up Leader, team, guy etc etc thats all well and good but passing is the Qbs main job.. im not sure but they are in the same tier...

the only scenario that works for me tokeep this team together if Im GM,

Dak 30
Amari17
zeke 14-15

if not I may blow it up and play defense with an Oline and go get fill in those area you cant keep..

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
If i were to choose :

A.) Dak $33M

B.) Carr $25M

I would choose B. They are practically at the same level .

I just don't think Carr will want 25M .

Nav22

Reaction score
STHU!!! They aren't as good as Brady or Rodgers, but they will hold their own in this simplified offense. Go back to your ship and your boys
“In this simplified offense”

Keep rambling, clown. We’re all convinced now!

OF COURSE Cooper Rush would take us to the playoffs if he played all season! That’s how football works!

DURRRRRRRR!!!!!
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“In this simplified offense”

Keep rambling, clown. We’re all convinced now!

OF COURSE Cooper Rush would take us to the playoffs if he played all season! That’s how football works!

DURRRRRRRR!!!!!
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Lol!!! You're clueless ! Ay te yacho, Guey!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak plays this season without a new monster deal it will be his LAST season starting QB of America's team!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic. lol

I wasn't. I've floated this idea several times. As you can imagine, it's not popular but I think it would be a pretty solid move if the Raiders would buy in. I mean, it would probably get you a decent shot at a title run and it would be much more manageable in terms of cap. It would free up a lot of things.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If Dak plays this season without a new monster deal it will be his LAST season starting QB of America's team!

They could tag him and he would still be here but I do agree, at some point, he would have to be traded.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
What is going to change once the season starts? The same trolls will shut up after a good game and be all over the board after a pick or a loss. Even when Dak brought us back in the 4th quarter for a do or die win, the trolls would complain that he wouldn't have had to win the game for us if he played better the first 3 quarters. LOL

Agreed. It's pathetic. It is almost the anti Romo. He got so much credit for wins and but when he lost, it was everyone else. Dak gets zero credit for wins but all the blame for losses. We have the few leaders of the anti Dak crowd who make this board un-readable at times with their hatred towards one player. I get hating the coach. I think majority of us do now. But Dak? He's did nothing but show leadership and win. Has a playoff win now under his belt and is still growing. He's a 4th round pick that was thrown into the fire from the jump. 3 winning seasons in a row to start his career. Every single bad pass is scrutinized. Do people not watch any other games? Every single QB, even the greats have terrible throws.

There are actually people on here who scoff at Dak's 4th quarter against the Eagles at home to win a huge game because he should have put them away in the first 3 quarters.

This board isn't even fun to read anymore because of the amount of Dak threads after games and just the discussion of Dak in general.

But it's why this fanbase is mocked across the nation. We think a backup RB who has had a few good preseason games can easily now replace arguably the best RB. And many think Dak is one of the worst QBs in the league.