Let Dak walk, Get Derek Carr this offseason?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Carr and Dak are similar level players. Dak at $40M vs Carr at $25M? I might take Carr. I like Dak’s ball security better and his ability to run the football.

Dak needs to run the ball 6 times per game to keep defenses honest

The factor it doesn't seem people are considering (at least early in this thread - I haven't read through the full thread) is that Carr isn't available, which means we would have to trade away something of significant value to get him. I'm not convinced Carr is even one iota better than Dak, much less enough better that it would warrant letting Dak walk and giving up a high draft pick.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Agreed. It's pathetic. It is almost the anti Romo. He got so much credit for wins and but when he lost, it was everyone else. Dak gets zero credit for wins but all the blame for losses. We have the few leaders of the anti Dak crowd who make this board un-readable at times with their hatred towards one player. I get hating the coach. I think majority of us do now. But Dak? He's did nothing but show leadership and win. Has a playoff win now under his belt and is still growing. He's a 4th round pick that was thrown into the fire from the jump. 3 winning seasons in a row to start his career. Every single bad pass is scrutinized. Do people not watch any other games? Every single QB, even the greats have terrible throws.

There are actually people on here who scoff at Dak's 4th quarter against the Eagles at home to win a huge game because he should have put them away in the first 3 quarters.

This board isn't even fun to read anymore because of the amount of Dak threads after games and just the discussion of Dak in general.

But it's why this fanbase is mocked across the nation. We think a backup RB who has had a few good preseason games can easily now replace arguably the best RB. And many think Dak is one of the worst QBs in the league.

I have put most of the hard trolls on ignore. Makes the board much more enjoyable. A day later, you wont even remember who you put on ignore and they just disappear.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Why do people keep writing in threads that Dak will get 40 Million and Zeke will be the highest paid RB? If Dallas was willing to do those contracts both players would have signed ten seconds after the offer was made.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
this makes no sense at all. If Dak is as bad as the op claims, why would the Raiders trade for him?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Agreed. It's pathetic. It is almost the anti Romo. He got so much credit for wins and but when he lost, it was everyone else. Dak gets zero credit for wins but all the blame for losses. We have the few leaders of the anti Dak crowd who make this board un-readable at times with their hatred towards one player. I get hating the coach. I think majority of us do now. But Dak? He's did nothing but show leadership and win. Has a playoff win now under his belt and is still growing. He's a 4th round pick that was thrown into the fire from the jump. 3 winning seasons in a row to start his career. Every single bad pass is scrutinized. Do people not watch any other games? Every single QB, even the greats have terrible throws.

There are actually people on here who scoff at Dak's 4th quarter against the Eagles at home to win a huge game because he should have put them away in the first 3 quarters.

This board isn't even fun to read anymore because of the amount of Dak threads after games and just the discussion of Dak in general.

But it's why this fanbase is mocked across the nation. We think a backup RB who has had a few good preseason games can easily now replace arguably the best RB. And many think Dak is one of the worst QBs in the league.

It's just as bad the other way with Dak. With some, he can do no wrong, even when it's clear it was his fault. Every fan base is mocked, find one that is not and it will be the first one ever, I'd wager.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Passing Touchdowns

dak ranks 15

carr ranks 21

Not sure how you can compare numbers when Carr has played 2 full seasons more his rate has increased each year and hes had twice as many attempts

48 1,475 975 66.1 30.7 10,876 7.4 226.6 67 4.5 25 1.7 90 111 25 113 675 96.0

78 2,800 1,759 62.8 35.9 18,739 6.7 240.2 122 4.4 54 1.9 87 226 41 142 858 88.8

Its simply they are in the same TIER not the same players but Carr had solid year over 4k last year and his career close to 4k every years throws for more yards and YPA is not that far apart given all the extra attempts..

Carr has 122 Tds and 54 ints

Dak has 67 to 25
so TD -INT ratio is virtually the same..

again if we are arguing if Carr was to hit the market and only wanted 25 and Dak was demanding 35 who do you take..Id take Carr tell you the truth they are in the same tier or pool of QBs..

this is simply hypothetical...chill

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Show me a QB who’s been inconsistent and is falling out of favor with their team and I’ll show you a QB this idiotic fan base will be clamoring for to replace Dak.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this makes no sense at all. If Dak is as bad as the op claims, why would the Raiders trade for him?

I don't think the OP was necessarily saying we should trade Dak for Carr, I think he was saying we should let Dak walk as a free agent and simply "go get Carr". As if it's that easy to just "go get" whoever we want. Hell, if it were that easy I would get somebody besides Carr.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
as long as we got garrett, i like the idea !

If we have Garrett anyway, why not try and win some games and see if we can take that next step and get to the NFC championship. Adopting a quitter mentality for 2 years certainly wouldn't help much, would it?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
If we have Garrett anyway, why not try and win some games and see if we can take that next step and get to the NFC championship. Adopting a quitter mentality for 2 years certainly wouldn't help much, would it?

of course it would , top pick in the draft !

blueblood70

Reaction score
Show me a QB who’s been inconsistent and is falling out of favor with their team and I’ll show you a QB this idiotic fan base will be clamoring for to replace Dak.
its hypothetical

reality I dont want Dak at anything more then 30 but 32.5 should be the absolute final number he said Dak at 40 Carr at 25..Ill take Carr TY

Carr with this Oline, Zeke and Amari? Pollard ?

we will see what Carr really is this year, He improved last year and with new players and 2nd year with Gruden., Carr might not be available if he plays well..its Hypothetical since both are under contract, For now

so what Dak at any price is ok with you? seriously? hes 25mil year player maybe middle 2nd tier wanting RW money is ridiculous..I dont care about market and QB blah blah blah..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
of course it would , top pick in the draft !

Top pick in the draft, which would not be guaranteed to be a star anyway, and a team that has been trained for 2 years to accept and embrace losing, while probably having quality free agents walk to find a team that is more focused on winning. Yep, that's quite the recipe for success ….:facepalm:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Dak is good, but so are most backups. He's not worth top five salary. I really like Dak, but if one has to go to sign the others, Dak is the one most easily replaced. Even Rush can hand off the ball and throw for 220 a game.

When was the last time Rush threw for 220 yards a game? Where's the link?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If i were to choose :

A.) Dak $33M

B.) Carr $25M

I would choose B. They are practically at the same level .

I just don't think Carr will want 25M .

There is no choice. You can't just wish Carr onto the team. He is under contract for 3 more years.