Let Dak walk, Get Derek Carr this offseason?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
What do you guys think? Personally i'd rather have Carr, i think he can thrive in the right offense. Much like Amari, i think things have gone stale for him in Oakland and he needs a fresh start. Imagine this offense with a QB who can actually put the ball in the right place and not make receivers have to adjust when they are open. We can actually have potential 35 yard gains be 35 yards and not 18-20 yarders because the ball wasnt put in the right place...

Someone tell Pappydog he can't have multiple accounts

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's why i was confused. Carr has 4 years left on his deal. So if you're saying let Dak walk and trade for Carr then a lot of it would come down to what the trade would cost. If Carr is a free agent he would get basically the same money as Dak.

I wouldn't want the deal if it cost almost anything. As I said earlier, I'm not convinced Carr is one bit better than Dak, so I would rather keep Dak than trade away draft picks to get Carr.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What do you guys think? Personally i'd rather have Carr, i think he can thrive in the right offense. Much like Amari, i think things have gone stale for him in Oakland and he needs a fresh start. Imagine this offense with a QB who can actually put the ball in the right place and not make receivers have to adjust when they are open. We can actually have potential 35 yard gains be 35 yards and not 18-20 yarders because the ball wasnt put in the right place...
I am not a Dak lover but :facepalm:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another "High one" that the WR has to compensate for in order to catch it.

30 million reasons NOT to extend!!!

Sandyf

Reaction score
All I can think of is LMAO. Lord, Oakland is probably going to jettison after this year.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
buncha haters on here...this was simply a
How many QBs can you name that spent several years not getting it done with their original team then moved on to another team and thrived? The only QB I can think of that moved on from their original team and thrived for another team was Steve Young. Young was stuck on a Bucs team that had no talent. Some of you need to stop trying to replace Dak with QBs that have been a disappointment and haven’t accomplished what he’s accomplished with the Cowboys.

Drew Brees? Rich Gannon? Also Carr didnt exactly struggle his whole time in Oakland, he was a top 10 QB a couple years ago and then **** hit the fan. Look im not saying this is a slam dunk, it was merely a floating thought. Buncha haters in here.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Are you ?

:facepalm:

Michael Gallup took a tiny little hop and the ball was shoulder pad height.

That is an easily catchable ball for an NFL receiver.

Anthony Brown just had really good coverage on the play.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
The only "upgrade" in this scenario is the cap hit , if Dak is truly seeking the reported $40 million per year......................Carr gets happy feet , can't move anywhere near as well as Prescott , isn't as durable and isn't a big upgrade as far as accuracy....................

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing wrong with that pass at all, maybe a tad high but nothing to get your panties in a wad over.

Maybe a "TAD" high that has a high possibility if not for Gallup to be a "TAD" interception.....

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually Aikman's efficiency numbers were extremely good in his prime. Aikman is hardly the guy to cite as proving that stats mean nothing, since his stats mostly reflected how good he really was. The only way he lagged was in pure volume, which nobody thinks proves anything by itself... unless you found somebody to argue that Matthew Stafford is an all-time great because he hucked it over 700 times one season.
It's a known fact that Aikman was held back by the team's run first mentality. Jimmy Johnson has mentioned this numerous times and said his stats (volume of throws vs completions) would have been much better if the team had passed more. He was damn good in his prime.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Carr is one of the worst starting QB’s in the league.

I might sign him as Dak’s backup if the price was right.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score

I would rather have David Carr come out of retirement than Derek.