Let's be honest. Lance's play is better for Dak's contract demands than anything Dak could have done

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Im not a Dak fan or “hater”
I don’t believe Lance is the future
If i believed Dak could lead us to a SB id be all for signing him to 60 million but 8 years have shown us hes not

I want to reset the table with someone new even if it means struggling in the short run

Im not a fan of a player, im a fan of the Cowboys and i call out whoever i think has a different agenda
We all our fans but we also can't be naive. We know this team will do one of two things. Either they will re-sign Dak or they will go with Rush and Lance. There's no secret franchise QB waiting in the wings. This team has shown they like their guys and they will not be drafting a top QB in the draft anytime soon.

I'm a DAk fan but I have no idea what he can or can't do. He hasn't done it so I just have to assume until proven otherwise he can't. But there's no agenda lol. Fans fall in love with players and want to see them succeed. Right or wrong its fandom.

My complaint with how this front office handled Dak is I think they could've possibly traded him or re-signed him. Dragging their feet is the worst and last thing they should do.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Jimmy the sniveling Heineken drinking coach quit. Read up on your Jimmy history!
Jerry paid him to leave, most would call that fired...Jimmy calls it quiting..it was called severence pay..never heard of an employee quiting and getting severence pay...

visionary

Reaction score
We all our fans but we also can't be naive. We know this team will do one of two things. Either they will re-sign Dak or they will go with Rush and Lance. There's no secret franchise QB waiting in the wings. This team has shown they like their guys and they will not be drafting a top QB in the draft anytime soon.

I'm a DAk fan but I have no idea what he can or can't do. He hasn't done it so I just have to assume until proven otherwise he can't. But there's no agenda lol. Fans fall in love with players and want to see them succeed. Right or wrong its fandom.

My complaint with how this front office handled Dak is I think they could've possibly traded him or re-signed him. Dragging their feet is the worst and last thing they should do.
Dak cant do it
We have seen it with our eyes for years
I hope to God they move on from him
Lance and Rush are obviously not the answer
We need to sign or draft a QB next year, if hes not good, on to next. At least there is hope
With Dak, i have already seen the movie

Dak is easily confused by the top defenses and loses his focus and cool when the pressure falls on him
In the playoffs you need to beat the top teams 4 consecutive weeks and i have zero faith Dak can do it

Time to move on

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak cant do it
We need to sign or draft a QB next year, if hes not good, on to next. At least there is hope

Dak is easily confused by the top defenses and loses his focus and cool when the pressure falls on him
In the playoffs you need to beat the top teams 4 consecutive weeks and i have zero faith Dak can do it

Time to move on
I agree Dak can not score 30 points a game 4 weeks in a row and against the top teams.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak cant do it

Time to move on
I'm not in the business of saying what someone can or can't do. I saw Nick Foles win a ring. Saw Eli do it twice. I personally can't say he can't do it. But not gonna argue against those who said he can't. Perfectly understood.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
QB pay scale is much different than receiver payscale though. There's a "next man up" thing going on with quarterback salaries right now. Does he deserve to be paid more than Trevor Lawrence and Tua? Some would say yes.
Who would say "no" other than the ABD crowd? Dak has accomplished far more in the league than either of those guys.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak cant do it

Time to move on
All true, the only thing that gets me is its every player on this team for 3 decades...how can this be a thing? We have all pro's, HOF, and yet when the chips are down they fold like lawnchairs....I would only add they can not do it with this FO...it will be interesting to actually see one go to another FO and see what they do.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
I'd rather take my chances and let Lance develop while playing and see where the team ends up.

We already know where the team ends up with Dak .. with a first round play off loss.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
"Dak fans think the flyer they took on Lance somehow will magically make Jerry want to make the loser Dak the highest paid player ever." he types angrily, as he replies to his 18th thread of the day about the NFL quarterback who makes millions of dollars a year at the top of his craft that he disdains for not signing his helmet at training camp in 2017. After taking another deep drawl from his sippy cup, Mountaineer Cowboy begins to double down on his hatred of Dak while doing damage control on his Trey Lance predictions after a horrid preseason showing. Terrified that Dak will be signed and his entire self-worth that is based on his prediction of this being Dak's last season on an anonymous profile on a Cowboys message board will be non-existent, Mountaineer anxiously buttons up his McDonald's polo as he prepares to catch his bus to work. After arguing with his mother about how a forty year old who lives with his parents should at least pay some rent, Mountaineer reminds her that he would be working on Wall Street if not for that loser Dak Prescott!
Jesus lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'd rather take my chances and let Lance develop while playing and see where the team ends up.

We already know where the team ends up with Dak .. with a first round play off loss.
This take would have some weight if you owned a team. Since you don't it really means nothing. We know that Lance has a .500 record as a starter on a team most would agree was better than the Cowboys. We also know that Dak has a winning record (.650-ish) with those same Cowboys. So how the hell does putting a guy who can't win games on a better team in place of a guy who can win games with a lesser team make sense to anyone? Make it make sense.. please.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak is required by the QB brotherhood to accept nothing less.
He'll get as much as he can.

You've been very confident and adament all offseason that this is Dak's last year with the Cowboys and he will NOT be extended.

Don't try moving the goalposts now!!!
:thumbup:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

53 players a year 30+ coaches and 28 years...we already know what well over 1k players and hundreds of coaches can do..first round playoff loss...let that sink in..no way this is on 1 player who has been here 8 years..