Let's be honest. Lance's play is better for Dak's contract demands than anything Dak could have done

pansophy

Reaction score
Lamb is the #2 WR in the NFL and got paid accordingly. Dak wants to get paid like he is the #1 QB in the NFL and is arguably 10-12 in almost any QB comparison you read/watch. If he wants to stay in Dallas his salary will slot here, if he is only about the money then he will test FA after the season and likely get what he wants. It's really not that difficult, and no knock on him.

Trey's play if anything hurts Dak's chances as Jerry saw enough to continue his development and let it ride this season to see where he lands. Worst case go get a Vet QB and draft one next year. Trey was never and will never be a threat to Dak's time in Dallas. Trey is here in case Dak walks
I don't disagree with this per se, but even Derek Carr was the highest paid QB in the league at one point. That's just the nature of QB contracts. Lance is a more athletic version of Dak when he was coming into the league. I would rather pay Dak than go through 2-4 seasons of Lance figuring out his footwork, throwing mechanics, and how to read the field. We just went through that with Dak. Let's see where Lance is when Dak's next contract is up.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It's a virtual lock that Lamb aint signin unless he received assurance that he won't be playing with a high school QB the next 4 years..
Yeah.

I’m sure he was prepared to sit out for 2 years if they said Dak is walking after this season.

Dak fans are illogical.

Cmac

Reaction score
Obviously we don't know for certain what the Cowboys' real plan for Lance was in terms of their future. My take has always been they were hoping to catch lightning in a bottle a third time getting a franchise QB for next to nothing. Lance showed some things in this preseason but IMHO the thing he showed most was that he aint an NFL ready QB and that the Cowboys best chance of winning games this season is with Dak Prescott. Now as for what they thought of his performance in the context of beyond this year I can't say. But he would have had to have seriously lit it up this preseason for the Cowboys to have even seen him as a possible 2025 starter, let alone 2024.
Well the film convinced some people that potential can only be said for a short time. Lance missed some reads, had some bad throws, and seemed to get confused as the pocket was breaking down. Not sure how he would have performed with a better WR corp on Saturday, but LAC was playing with guys jumpy by the phone right now, too.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Obviously we don't know for certain what the Cowboys' real plan for Lance was in terms of their future. My take has always been they were hoping to catch lightning in a bottle a third time getting a franchise QB for next to nothing. Lance showed some things in this preseason but IMHO the thing he showed most was that he aint an NFL ready QB and that the Cowboys best chance of winning games this season is with Dak Prescott. Now as for what they thought of his performance in the context of beyond this year I can't say. But he would have had to have seriously lit it up this preseason for the Cowboys to have even seen him as a possible 2025 starter, let alone 2024.
Sorry, but this is a ridiculous comment. :rolleyes: Lance’s preseason performances have absolutely no bearing on how much the Cowboys can afford to pay Dak.

Let's be honest. Lance's play is better for Dak's contract demands than anything Dak could have done.​

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So let's see because Dak sucks less than Lance let's extend him for 60 mill a year?
Nice logic there RonnieT4 and let's keep the embarrassing playoff losses coming baby!
I'm hoping they give your boy that coveted extension so I can wash my hands with anything related to Jerry's ego trip.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I dont think Lance was ever really a factor in an Dak decision. I think they were hoping for a best case scenario of some strong preseason performances and flipping him for a day 2

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So let's see because Dak sucks less than Lance let's extend him for 60 mill a year?
Nice logic there RonnieT4 and let's keep the embarrassing playoff losses coming baby!
I'm hoping they give your boy that coveted extension so I can wash my hands with anything related to Jerry's ego trip.
jerry's ego trip is the only thing keeping Lance on this team......Jerry's ego trip is also the reason Dak will walk after the season, you should love Jerry's ego it actually does what you think should be done..lol..you and Jerry's ego think alike pretty much...

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I agree there's nothing Dak could have done unless he can go back in time and not throw all those playoff interceptions, slide to end the season, etc

Yobwocs

Reaction score
It's a virtual lock that Lamb aint signin unless he received assurance that he won't be playing with a high school QB the next 4 years..
As Cool J says in Any Given Sunday..."I want my stats"

Players want their stats. And CD just keep doing what he's doing will get those stats. Only thing that would dent that is a QB change. So yup.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lamb is the #2 WR in the NFL and got paid accordingly. Dak wants to get paid like he is the #1 QB in the NFL and is arguably 10-12 in almost any QB comparison you read/watch. If he wants to stay in Dallas his salary will slot here, if he is only about the money then he will test FA after the season and likely get what he wants. It's really not that difficult, and no knock on him.

Trey's play if anything hurts Dak's chances as Jerry saw enough to continue his development and let it ride this season to see where he lands. Worst case go get a Vet QB and draft one next year. Trey was never and will never be a threat to Dak's time in Dallas. Trey is here in case Dak walks
lol. What a weird post. Lance showed nothing.

Please explain to me this. If you want to enter this realm.

Lamb is number 2 and got paid accordingly.

Who was throwing him the ball?

rags747

Reaction score
Jerry paid him to leave, most would call that fired...Jimmy calls it quiting..it was called severence pay..never heard of an employee quiting and getting severence pay...
Was not called severance pay, was/is called being ecstatic that the rock in your shoe is no longer there and being more than fair to pay up $2m to make it a friendly business transaction. Jimmy quit bigtime, he was insubordinate and led his coaches to be insubordinate as well. Very Big of Jerry to Bless him with the $2m Kiss Off!

12+88=7

Reaction score
Please explain how Trance gets developed?

It is year 4. What has been his progress so far over the last 4 years? Or even since he left SF?
His age.

Lance is one year older than Daniels and the same age as Penix and Nix.

Lance really only had a brief time where he was getting all the reps as the number one in SF. It sure hasn't been four years of reps. If he got more reps he would improve. And with his age he could be a future option, especially if he could be resigned on the cheap.