Let's not forget the price for Wentz (2-1st, a 2nd, a 3rd & two players)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
League's best record at the midway point. They have to play Dallas twice, Seattle and the Rams in the 2nd half here.

Just maybe, we have to play them twice? Last I checked, 8 wins is better than 5 wins.

We are still the division champs last I checked and until they beat us, they are not.

What's that worth this year? About as much as the trophies people want to point to that nobody here earned. Zero. This is 2017. The past is just that, the past.

And even with signing no one of note, we are still going to whoop their butts in 2 weeks!

I hope you're right.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To my admittedly untrained eye, Wentz seems a little more talented and Dak seems to have better intangibles. Either type of QB can win you a championship.

I agree. It doesn't have to be love one, hate the other. They're both great, and both teams look set at the position for the next decade.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Seattle was the swing game on the Eagles schedule. I figured that was a sure loss. Now after the Skins beat them there, I am not so sure.

And in the end, we may need Philly to beat Seattle for WC purposes.

Excellent points. Hard to say exactly what will happen but Seattle should be playing for their playoff lives, so they will be giving their all. Plus they will have Earl Thomas back. He was missing yesterday and that changes their defense big time. If we get to within 1 win of Philly, and that is a big IF, then we would be pulling hard for Seattle. Otherwise, we will be pulling for the Eagles....arrgghh

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
LOL LOL .....What......the.......hell going on in here?:huh: He said, she said, my azz, his azz......ALL of you need to calm down or I'll report your XXXXs to a front office called Reality :lmao2::lmao::dance:

jjktkk

Reaction score
Like I said, you prove my point at every turn. Tons of other threads, but here you stay, ignorant enough to think you're "winning" something or "educating" anyone.

The fact is that you're not smart enough to actually have a rational conversation and the minute your once again taken to school, you try to divert the conversation in another direction. You're out of your depth and incapable of actually talking football beyond "Go Cowboys!"
ILOL, taking to school. You so show your age with comments this. LOL, do you high five @Sydla on facetime and go uhhh, sick burn?
:laugh:

KRochelli

Reaction score
Eagles deserve to be where they are, but the schedule has fallen nicely to them. Their best win is @ Carolina after Kuechly was concussed. Broncos were on their 3rd straight roadie after 2 losses and a QB situation.

They have 3 of next 4 on the road against current playoff teams, but get us after a bye (again, fortunate).

visionary

Reaction score
LOL oh yeah, these two swee peas actually think their hiding their Cowboy's FO contempt, but they don't. Along with @visionary, they'll hang out and wait for the Garrett and Jerry to screw up, or the team goes on a losing streak, etc... and then they will educate the masses on here and tell us how bad the Cowboy's FO is, etc., etc, etc...

I'm not interested in "educating" you about anything. If 25 years of futility have taught you nothing except how to be a sheep then that is your ceiling

The condition you suffer from is well defined in psychiatric literature, it's called battered wife syndrome. Look it up

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
To my admittedly untrained eye, Wentz seems a little more talented and Dak seems to have better intangibles. Either type of QB can win you a championship.

Other than having a stronger arm, Wentz doesn't have any talent that is obvious over Dak.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Eagles deserve to be where they are, but the schedule has fallen nicely to them. Their best win is @ Carolina after Kuechly was concussed. Broncos were on their 3rd straight roadie after 2 losses and a QB situation.

They have 3 of next 4 on the road against current playoff teams, but get us after a bye (again, fortunate).

A team can only play their schedule...and they didn't play @ Carolina after Kuechly's concussion. He suffered the concussion about half way through the Eagles game.

KRochelli

Reaction score
A team can only play their schedule...and they didn't play @ Carolina after Kuechly's concussion. He suffered the concussion about half way through the Eagles game.

Correct, that's what I meant. I believe they struggled to move the ball before he went out in the 2nd quarter.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Poor Cleveland. When they stay pat and draft-- they cant get a franchise QB. And when they try and "Herschel Walker" the Eagles they lose out on drafting Wentz.

It's Cleveland, though. They could have had Watson or Wentz but if either went there, we would hardly know of them. It's a toxic wasteland of a franchise right now and it is not setup for success. Cleveland would not be able to maximize their talent like the Eagles and Texans are doing. They need a QB obviously but they need so much more than that. Also, they have zero patience with them. After a few bad games, they try and find the next one. There was a guy starting for them against Houston a few weeks ago that I heard was going to be their guy moving forward and many fans were excited to see what he had. One bad game and they already moved on. It's ridiculous how they treat QBs there.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Poor Cleveland. When they stay pat and draft-- they cant get a franchise QB. And when they try and "Herschel Walker" the Eagles they lose out on drafting Wentz.
Wentz would look like a high schooler with the Browns. You go to the Browns if you want your career to die, that franchise is messed up from top to bottom.

Hardline

Reaction score
I bet some of these post in this very forum are showing up on eagles forums being discussed.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
The Eagles have turned things around overnight, much like the Rams have done. We have a TON of talent on this team. In the end however, you're only as good as your coaching.

You have to have a franchise QB and a very good head coach. Our last franchise QB could never overcome the coaching but I really don't think anyone could have.

jdaz123

Reaction score
But seriously, I read this whole thread and there's a lot I agree with and a lot I don't but I will say this, the arguments here are no different then over on the Eagles boards. Dak is a great QB. Definitely good enough to win a championship with. At first he seemed a little dink and dunk but he's definitely getting better, but so is Wentz. There's so much more that can be broken down in the comparison and much of it was already mentioned. I will give a synopsis of what was mentioned and what I see.
He's a very cerebral QB. He reads defenses like Peyton did. (yes I compared that, and only that, aspect of their game). He learns and works hard to perfect his craft. If you saw the Gruden QB show, He was criticized for not holding the ball with 2 hands in the pocket. A couple times last year, he got burned by this but this year he's holding with 2 hands.
Also, Dak and Carson both throw well while running. I have seen Carson makes some amazing throws on the run, some with touch, some on a rope. He can make ALL the throws. It just seems like every week he plays he gets better and better. I keep expecting him to regress (the Eagles fan in me) but even when he's not on he still plays solid football.
Furthermore, he's an amazing person. His faith settles him and seems to allow him to have a short memory when things are down. He has ice in his veins (the opposite of McNabb, who I was never a big fan of). He's developing a killer mentality ala Farve (hopefully without the killer ints)
As I mentioned before, I agree with some of what I read. He's not Rodgers, Rodgers release is Marino like and to be honest this may be a weakness of Carson's as he gets balls batted down more often than I would like. He does scramble like Rodgers though, always has his eyes downfield but will run with authority when needed. Rothlesberger is a more comparable QB but I think Wentz is much more mobile.
ANYWAYS,
I know you guys want to have the best player at every position, I mean Zeke is an absolute beast and by far the best RB in the league. I would love to have him on the Eagles. I just found it refreshing that "some" of you took your homer glasses off (as I said, we have this on the Eagles forums also) and saw this budding rivalry for what I hope it becomes; many years of really enjoyable, well-played football games.

KB1122

Reaction score
If you find an elite quarterback, any price is worth it.