Let's not forget the price for Wentz (2-1st, a 2nd, a 3rd & two players)

jjktkk

Reaction score
Yeah, the truth. Despite the fact that some people are too weak to handle it.
No, you keep repeating the same thing over, and over, and over. Would you like to be called Polly too? Without conducting a poll, I'm pretty sure Cowboy fans on here are well aware of the FO's shortcomings, and really don't need to be reminded on here about it, especially during this team's three game winning streak.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This forum is for fans. Not Judas trolling types. The only team that's won more games than Cowboys the past two years is the Patriots...and all you do is whine, moan and piss on everything.

No, that's just how the Homer crowd sees it. The simple mind can see only extremes. Where you love everything or hate it. Nothing in between. That's the simple minded's problem, not mine. I can talk about anything and everything, even if it doesn't always paint the Cowboys in a rosy light.

Other people want to play censor and try to stifle and control the conversation until it's one big circle jerk. I'm glad management isn't as small minded as some fans are.

Sydla

Reaction score
No, just "EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD. " where they're brought up. You know the ones, clearly marked. If you can't handle the conversation, it's easy to stay out of the thread rather than trying to shout down someone who is capable of discusssing the subject.

Exactly.

If I see another thread ripping Jaylon Smith, I'll probably just stay out of it, for example because I don't really need to read more posts ripping the kid. But some people here just can't help themselves. I think they jump into threads like this just to make themselves feel better about themselves because they believe they are "better" Cowboys fans than others.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, you keep repeating the same thing over, and over, and over. Would like to be called Polly too? Without conducting a poll, I'm pretty sure Cowboy fans on here are well aware of the FO's shortcomings, and really don't need to be reminded on here about it, especially during this team's three game winning streak.

Can't bear to look? Don't. Run, hide, and stick your head in the sand.

Conduct your "poll", you need the wake up call you'd get. That you're not in the majority, but, in fact the minority. And there's are plenty more Cowboys fans mature enough and capable of discussing anything and everything like adults.

At every turn, you expose yourself for being thin-skinned and unable to handle any criticism of the Cowboys. Again, your weakness, not anybody else's. Some grown ups are capable of talking about the whole picture.

If you're not, see yourself out.

Plenty of other threads, or like you said, start a poll.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Notice, it's mostly the same cast of characters who never offer any real, objective content. They'll never break down a matchup, never offer any cool insight we might have missed as fans, etc.

Mostly everything is knee jerk reactionary responses to others, with the primary objective of starting an argument or "flame war".

Some of these guys have been here 5+ years and never once posted anything of substance. I'm not talking substance that needs to be an All 22 review, I just mean any halfway interesting stat that most maybe weren't aware of going into a game. Most of these guys will literally never mention anything about packages or meaningful stats, because they don't care about the team enough to actually know them.
Well said. I also love it when they attempt to let me know I'm a "homer" and that they are "realist". Imagine finding a Cowboy's homer on a Cowboy's fan sports forum, I mean, .who would of guessed that would happen..

mcmvp

Reaction score
Who is salivating over it? Other than Risen? Most people are acknowledging what's reality.

The Eagles likely have a franchise QB. A franchise QB is worth a steep price. The Eagles also got lucky and recouped their #1 pick when they moved Bradford so their cost to get a franchise QB wasn't that high. We got our franchise QB in the 4th round, again, with some luck that we couldn't grab Lynch or Cook.

I am not sure what's wrong with what is said above.

Nothing is wrong with it. We did get lucky that the terrible Bridgewater injury led to such a desperation trade. I think some people just have a hard time admitting what they don't want to be true, and that leads to, in some cases, embarrassing rationalizations in the effort to keep the reality they prefer. Many Cowboys fans didn't want Wentz to look the part of a franchise QB (for obvious reasons).

I didn't want the Cowboys to find the likes of Dak Prescott in the 4th round, but they did. I don't have to like it, but I can accept the reality.

Proximo

Reaction score
It's not about undermining or downplaying anything. It's about you Wentz the Bedders shoehorning your obsession with him into every thread on the Cowboyzone. Go ahead, give them credit, but keep it in the NFLZone where it belongs. Better yet, keep it in the Eagles forum that you all belong to.

I see all this Eagles/Wentz love around here and it reminds me of a scene from one of my favorite movies- Goodfellas.

Joe Pesci's character says to his girlfriend after she compliments another man- "you have to watch how you say things sometimes, people might get the wrong impression. I understand, the guy is very talented, but just leave it at that. Leave it alone now".

Yes, the Eagles are having a good year. But it's not necessary to constantly slobber all over them, on a Cowboys fan forum of all places. It's embarrassing.

jjktkk

Reaction score
You can think what you want. I am just giving you a more unbiased, analytical look at SOS. Frankly, I trust that more than what some fans think.
Analytics and stats are great tools, but don't forget to trust your eyes as well. I assume you actually watch the games right?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see all this Eagles/Wentz love around here and it reminds me of a scene from one of my favorite movies- Goodfellas.

Joe Pesci's character says to his girlfriend after she compliments another man- "you have to watch how you say things sometimes, people might get the wrong impression. I understand, the guy is very talented, but just leave it at that. Leave it alone now".

Yes, the Eagles are having a good year. But it's not necessary to constantly slobber all over them, on a Cowboys fan forum of all places. It's embarrassing.

You know what's more "embarrassing"?

Cowboys fans entering a Carson Wentz labeled thread and whining when people are talking about and giving credit to the Eagles.

Nobody is forcing anyone to enter this thread. They're choosing to.

You can easily take the advice you posted. "Leave it alone now", as can anyone else "offended" by the conversation.

Let's see if that happens...

:rolleyes:

Sydla

Reaction score
Analytics and stats are great tools, but don't forget to trust your eyes as well. I assume you actually watch the games right?

Sure but it seems he's trying to argue that his eyes tell him the Rams are really good and somehow that's not reflected in the SOS calculations used by Football Outsiders. FO has the Rams rated 2nd in the entire league, so yeah, I suspect they count as a quality opponent in their SOS calculation.

And FWIW, that Rams game still pisses me off. We should have won that game. Damn Switzer.

Proximo

Reaction score

Cowboys fans entering a Carson Wentz labeled thread and whining when people are talking about and giving credit to the Eagles.

You can easily take the advice you posted. "Leave it alone now", as can anyone else "offended" by the conversation.

Serious question.

How much money would you pay to carry Carson Wentz's jock strap for a day?

Genuinely curious.

Ken

Reaction score
Let's not forget...the Eagles front office is running circles around the Cowboys' front office! :rolleyes:

I'll take our situation over there's every single time.

jjktkk

Reaction score

That wouldn't be fun. Just think of me like a big brother. I just educating you on being a proper Cowboy fan. I feel like its a sense of duty.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's not forget...the Eagles front office is running circles around the Cowboys' front office! :rolleyes:

I'll take our situation over there's every single time.

You do that.

They turned a disaster around in two years.

And we signed Nolan Carroll, Cedric Thornton, Stephen Paea, and a list of stiffs, while they've remade their team into the league's best record.

In two years.

T-RO

Reaction score
No, that's just how the Homer crowd sees it. The simple mind can see only extremes. Where you love everything or hate it. Nothing in between. That's the simple minded's problem, not mine. I can talk about anything and everything, even if it doesn't always paint the Cowboys in a rosy light.

Other people want to play censor and try to stifle and control the conversation until it's one big circle jerk. I'm glad management isn't as small minded as some fans are.

I like keeping you around. Good for a chuckle. 3 game win streak, 18-6 over past 2 seasons and all a few want to do is ***** and complain. Losers like you make me laugh.

Can you even see yourself dude! What a caricature of your former self you've become...

Go Cowboys!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That wouldn't be fun. Just think of me like a big brother. I just educating you on being a proper Cowboy fan. I feel like its a sense of duty.

Like I said, you prove my point at every turn. Tons of other threads, but here you stay, ignorant enough to think you're "winning" something or "educating" anyone.

The fact is that you're not smart enough to actually have a rational conversation and the minute your once again taken to school, you try to divert the conversation in another direction. You're out of your depth and incapable of actually talking football beyond "Go Cowboys!"

Ken

Reaction score
You do that.

They turned a disaster around in two years.

And we signed Nolan Carroll, Cedric Thornton, Stephen Paea, and a list of stiffs, while they've remade their team into the league's best record.

In two years.
League's best record at the midway point. They have to play Dallas twice, Seattle and the Rams in the 2nd half here.

We are still the division champs last I checked and until they beat us, they are not. And even with signing no one of note, we are still going to whoop their butts in 2 weeks!