Lets set the record straight

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He tries to throw into very tight windows. He has confidence, but he needs to tone that back a bit. Look for the safety valve a bit more.
Thats it?

i would agree throwing it away or dumping down i would like him to do more of.

As far as dumping down some of that was scheme. I bet we see more this year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO...he was more interested in stats than wins. Poor clock management, hurt the defense....continued throwing on short yardage plays...lack of play action and using backs out of the backfield. Just my opinion
I saw some of the same things, and was bothered by it, but I suspect KM thought he was doing the right thing. After all, it wouldn't help his career if the team loses. For that matter, even if he wanted to build stats, he knows that only happens if plays are successful and possessions are extended. It may just be that he wasn't as good at the job as we hoped

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bad situational play calling, tried to make him a deep passer.....he's not that.
Play calling was poor, at times, but didn't someone last season post stats that showed Dak was one of the more proficient long passers?

Praxit

Reaction score
.... There's the Big Mac and Big Mick. Love em' both. ;)..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I saw some of the same things, and was bothered by it, but I suspect KM thought he was doing the right thing. After all, it wouldn't help his career if the team loses. For that matter, even if he wanted to build stats, he knows that only happens if plays are successful and possessions are extended. It may just be that he wasn't as good at the job as we hoped
KM’s pass routes were run the route then stop and wait for the pass. Teams knew it.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Objectively? No matter how well Dak plays and the Cowboys you haters will whine about every incompletion.
Its not whining when you say the pass was not where it needed to be when it needed to be there. That's the definition of being objective. Besides, every play is important in an NFL game. They are typically decided by just a handful so if the play could have been successful and wasn't, it's 100% fair to point it out.

I see a lot more saying the pass was great, the receiver could have shoveled their way deep enough into the turf to catch it. But it's okay to diss some players in order to prop others up, right?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Its not whining when you say the pass was not where it needed to be when it needed to be there. That's the definition of being objective. Besides, every play is important in an NFL game. They are typically decided by just a handful so if the play could have been successful and wasn't, it's 100% fair to point it out.

I see a lot more saying the pass was great, the receiver could have shoveled their way deep enough into the turf to catch it. But it's okay to diss some players in order to prop others up, right?
Of course it’s ok to point out mistakes but that’s ALL you haters do is point out his mistakes and never give Dak credit for anything. That’s not right.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KM’s pass routes were run the route then stop and wait for the pass. Teams knew it.
That was really more Garrett, than KM, but regardless, that still doesn't seem to amount to hanging Dak out to dry to further his own career.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It’s funny the trolls I saw showed up bragging about how we were winning without Dak and then Eagles loss happened and those same guys were ghost.
none of them noticed that the defense was averaging about 13.5 points per game....the first time we gave up more than 20, we lost. if we have a defense that can do that on week in week out, we go 16-1 with Dak.
I find this posting amusing. To the "trained eye" this thread is nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to poke at the haters. In all fairness, your first sentence is what I would say about me. I'd take it a step further and say that I no longer care who the QB of this team as long as they are producing. I support Dak but not to a flaw. If he's not producing, it's time for place in someone else. I do agree about assessment with of KM and feel that MM can set Dak up for success. We'll see.
I am not opposed to.replacing. but not replacing for the sake of replacing. It has to be somebody better.

We are at a point that we should draft a QB in first two rounds and develop and if it doesn't workout in 3 years, then draft again.

Nothing really available in FA. Trading has to be the right player.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Of course it’s ok to point out mistakes but that’s ALL you haters do is point out his mistakes and never give Dak credit for anything. That’s not right.
Don't be calling me a hater. I give him credit for his good plays.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Play calling was poor, at times, but didn't someone last season post stats that showed Dak was one of the more proficient long passers?
Again, situational play calling, you don't have to throw deep if you're making first down and keeping your defense off the field.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I did explain my thoughts, I feel that KM was trying to turn Dak into a homerun hitter....Dak, IMO, is a game manager with the potential to hit an occasional homerun. KM called pass plays at inopportune times and that hurt us. Again, my opinion
Thanks, appreciate well thought out opinions.
Being a former coach, you bring invaluable insight to the board.