Let's stop the Dak is not great non-sense

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
His cap hit this year is 22.5 million. You keep blowing that horn though. It won’t make your comment any more real or factual. Dak is making 22,5 this year against the cap and we still didn’t fix the defense. Dak was making peanuts since 2016. News flash. We didn’t fix the defense. We don’t value defense and havent for a long time. Blame Dak all you want but it’s not the reality of the situation.
Drafting injured players doesnt help rebuild a defense either, and yet there are posters here that would still take that golden upside risk that we can harvest elite value from drafting the rehab projects like Jaylon, and now even Farley.
So a bit off base, but we cant fix this defense quickly. We at least have Gallimore, Diggs and Wilson as a base line,, thats actually pretty impressive adding 3 to the 11 needed in just one draft last year.
Its a start and if we add 3 more quality pieces to this defense in this draft this defense starts looking a lot different, and that is highly obtainable, this draft is deeper than most realize or want to admit.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Everything most say in this group is opinion but again, you wish to engage with me when I was never speaking to you while you attempt to paint me as someone that only looks at the 2019 season regarding Dak......well, Dak has done nothing to establish greatness in ANY season but you go about your day as you will.
Dak is a top 10 QB in the NFL. most say in the top 6 or 7. where you draw the greatness line is up to you. but Dak has been among the best QBs in the league and has produced offensively. can't fix the craappy coaching, play calling and defense. but perhaps, Dak can run the weekly game planning meetings, design the plays. call the plays like the old days, and then come in and play LB too and help the defense....

phildadon86

Reaction score
Drafting injured players doesnt help rebuild a defense either, and yet there are posters here that would still take that golden upside risk that we can harvest elite value from drafting the rehab projects like Jaylon, and now even Farley.
So a bit of base, but we cant fix this defense quickly. We at least have Gallimore, Diggs and Wilson as a base line,, thats actually pretty impressive adding 3 to the 11 needed in just one draft last year.
Its a start and if we add 3 more quality pieces to this defense in this draft this defense starts looking a lot different, and that is highly obtainable, this draft is deeper than most realize or want to admit.
The people who dont want Dak to succeed are the same ones pounding the table for offense. They know deep down if Dak has a defense that creates turnovers and can flip the field that Dak will bring us to the promised land. While you would think some of our "fans" would be happy about that. You would be wrong. They would prefer being right.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So tell me, how many QB's that have never won a Super Bowl are considered great? How many that have won a single playoff game are considered great? Yeah, that's what I thought, Dak will never be considered great unless he wins Dallas at least one if not two Super Bowls.
so if a QB never wins a superbowl they are not great?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Considering the drubbing the Chiefs took from the Bucs 31-9 in this past Super Bowl I guess Mahomes is losing it...
If Mahomes was a Dallas Cowboy he would appear ok and not elite and likely been criticized by some for not being post season caliber. It takes a complete, exceptional team and coaching to get to, and win a Super Bowl.
exactly. which QB would be great being coached by Garrett, Linehan and Moore!

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak is a top 10 QB in the NFL. most say in the top 6 or 7. where you draw the greatness line is up to you. but Dak has been among the best QBs in the league and has produced offensively. can't fix the craappy coaching, play calling and defense. but perhaps, Dak can run the weekly game planning meetings, design the plays. call the plays like the old days, and then come in and play LB too and help the defense....

The excuses for Dak never end for even Jimmy Johnson has said that EVERYTHING needs to be perfect around Dak for him to win.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Unless Dak can run like a gazelle with the ball, he not going to be great. And I think his running days may be behind him. He will need to make adjustments going forward if his running is going to be restricted due to fear of another injury.
why does he need to run like a gazelle? when was the last time a QB won a superbowl by being a running QB?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The people who dont want Dak to succeed are the same ones pounding the table for offense. They know deep down if Dak has a defense that creates turnovers and can flip the field that Dak will bring us to the promised land. While you would think some of our "fans" would be happy about that. You would be wrong. They would prefer being right.
Everybody that posts here including myself would love to be a GM

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Yeah, because people actually want Dak to fail which means Dallas fails.....that is absurd.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That is the nature of football. It reminds me of what people say whenever Dak loses a playoff game, that it’s never his fault

Other QBs run into those same problems. Defenses fail them, offensive players can’t stop getting penalties, coaches make blunders. I remember Andy Reid’s blunders in their 2019 playoff run, Mahomes did what he needed to overcome. I remember KC running wild on NE in the 2018 AFCCG. When it came time, Brady ascended and scored like mad to bring them all the way back. Remember the 2017 AFCCG when the Jags were murdering them for 3 quarters? 2014 Super Bowl when the Seahawks were up by multiple possessions?

Good quarterbacks do enough not to lose the game, Great quarterbacks do enough to win it.
I have criticized Dak for his bad plays and bad games. but I don't laser focus on those games only, given every QB has those games including the great Brady.

and in the two playoff losses with Dak. one him as a rookie going against the great Rodgers (that's what all you Dak detractors refer to in Rodgers, right?). and that coming down to a defense not holding GB back and allowing them 3, not one, but 3 big plays to convert first downs and get in field goal range. is that Dak's fault? against the Rams, was it his fault for giving up 250 yards rushing? Rams rushed and converted at will. tell me how that's his fault?

and yes, other QBs run into the same thing. I have argued as much. Brady threw a pick 6 last year and in the same game threw and interception, yet the defense held and allowed the offense to make it back....against atlanta we fumbled, the defense didn't hold, they gave up a score..... so yes, lets compare those situations. and yes coaches make blunders. including bilicheck. no coach is perfect. no QB is perfect. the qood ones, the great ones make more good plays than bad plays. so do you compare Garrett to Bilicheck? or Reid? how does he rank in his game management against those guys.

and its funny you mention the 2018 AFCCG and brady making a come back (he is the GOAT). yet not mention Mahomes and how the defense let him down, and mahomes did everything in that game too. so how could mahomes not be able to win the AFCCG in 2018....I guess he wasn't any good back then. he only became good in 2019...right? and then in 2020 he choked in the superbowl not being able to win it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah his arm always bailed us out in key games. Remind me again. When did that happen?

This is just muddying the water.. Using numbers and all of these other things to try make it seem like Dak has anything on Romo as a passer.

Dak is not in his league and probably never will be.

Sure he can post some good numbers but his role is to manage the offense and not screw the game up for everyone else.

Be conservative.. Let things come to him.. Then pad some stats when defenses get looser as the game goes on and we spread teams out.

Him playing this way has Super Fans acting like he is some great QB when the reality is he’s a slightly better version of Alex Smith and there is nothing wrong with that until you pay him 40 mill a year like the idiot Jones’s did.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
....and that means what? Nothing other than your poor attempt to claim Dak is a GREAT QB based on 21 games....which led to a team record of 10-11.....so to you sub .500 team record is GREAT. Got it.
no different than labeling Dak a bust for 2019 8-8 record. and seemingly you are putting all wins and losses on Dak....then in another response you said no, its the team. so which is it? are you flip flopping based on the post?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he's great. Groupies unite.

tenor.gif