Let's stop the Dak is not great non-sense

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I like the people who say that Dak isn't great. It makes it easy to know who has any credibility and who doesn't.

Stating that Dak is anything other than a top 5-7 QB in the NFL right now is a good way to tell me that you don't know what you're talking about, and don't have an opinion that matters.

While I'd agree with your evaluation of Dak, everybody's entitled to their opinion. Nobody's opinion here matters, if you really get down to it, in the sense that we don't get to decide how Dak is ranked.

Even the "what????????" opinions matter, even if it's just for entertainment purposes..

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
While I'd agree with your evaluation of Dak, everybody's entitled to their opinion. Nobody's opinion here matters, if you really get down to it, in the sense that we don't get to decide how Dak is ranked.

Even the "what????????" opinions matter, even if it's just for entertainment purposes..
nahhh

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I mean you can think whatever you want about my opinions.

Not all opinions matter, particularly those that are uninformed, lack context, or are just completely opposite to fact.

If by "matter" it means they have to have a basis in reality, or aren't just factually wrong (i.e. the Moon is made of green cheese) then I would agree. But if by "matter" it means the person has a right to express themselves then I would not agree.

Opinions by their very nature can be thought of any way somebody else chooses, that's for sure.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How about we just stop the Dak nonsense on both sides.

Both extremes inciting each other is a bad look for our forum.

kskboys

Reaction score
How about we just stop the Dak nonsense on both sides.

Both extremes inciting each other is a bad look for our forum.
Not even that. Those extremes make it almost impossible to have much of a discussion about our QB. They get their little numnums all fuzzy by repeating their rhetoric ad nauseum.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I mean you can think whatever you want about my opinions.

Not all opinions matter, particularly those that are uninformed, lack context, or are just completely opposite to fact.
So, I'm generally on Team Dak and have been for his career.
You find me disparaging him.

But the over-the-top praise he sometimes gets around here seems almost as bad as some the naysayers....imo

For example
I've never really been a huge Kirk Cousins fan, but his overall measurable numbers are actually better than Daks.
And his to most recent full years compared to Daks also compare very favorably.
Cousins has a better TD-Int rate and a higher QB rating overall, yet I suspect the extreme pro-Dak crowd would never lump those two together.
So is he too in the top 5-7?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So, I'm generally on Team Dak and have been for his career.
You find me disparaging him.

But the over-the-top praise he sometimes gets around here seems almost as bad as some the naysayers....imo

For example
I've never really been a huge Kirk Cousins fan, but his overall measurable numbers are actually better than Daks.
And his to most recent full years compared to Daks also compare very favorably.
Cousins has a better TD-Int rate and a higher QB rating overall, yet I suspect the extreme pro-Dak crowd would never lump those two together.
So is he too in the top 5-7?
Shut up with the over the top praise, that doesn't happen. The problem isn't the "extreme pro-Dak" crowd, it's the fact that the anti-Dak crowd doesn't have any credible argument. For instance, TD-INT rate is irrelevant, it means absolutely nothing about how the QBs are playing because it's heavily influenced by game score and playcalling.

The Cousins comparison is stupid because he's 33 years old, and his numbers don't hold if you also apply the stupid garbage time and win-loss filters.

Nobody here says Dak is the best quarterback in the league but statistically, he's right near the top. The "he's average" folks are stupid, and sticking to a 2017 narrative.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Shut up with the over the top (Dak) praise, that doesn't happen. .......
Well, we have people here that say Dak is better than Mahomes....I would personally call that "over the top"

What's up with telling me to "shut up"?

Facts > Emotion

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Well, we have people here that say Dak is better than Mahomes....I would personally call that "over the top"

What's up with telling me to "shut up"?

Facts > Emotion
No they don't lol.

I'm telling you to shut up because you're making things up.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No they don't lol.

I'm telling you to shut up because you're making things up.
Well, if they flat out have said it in threads about a month or two ago....EXACTLY that... then I'm not a making anything up
Flat out calling someone a liar---falsely--is total BS

I'm pretty sure one of them was DakPresgoat--but not positive and don't feel like looking it up right now

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, if they flat out have said it in threads about a month or two ago....EXACTLY that... then I'm not a making anything up

I'm pretty sure one of them was DakPresgoat--but not positive and don't feel like looking it up right now
Also, I think possibly both America's Cowboy and Dak Prescott_09 (who said, and I quote directly "Dak will beat him (Mahomes) in the SB to prove that he is the best QB in the league".)

And there were even thread started by Yobwocs saying Dak was much better under pressure than Mahomes and could read defenses better....but I won't even count that because he didn't say one way or the other if he felt overall that Dak was better than Mahomes.
Not like others anyway

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Go ahead and find it. Facts>emotion, and all.

Until you do that, you are making things up. I didn't say you were a liar, I more think that you're just exaggerating, misremembering, or misappropriating a comment.

"I don't feel like looking it up" is a good way to absolve yourself of any accountability.