Let's stop the Dak is not great non-sense

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I guess Warren moon is nothing, since he didn't win anything. Dan Marino is nothing since he didn't win anything. neither won anything in College. when Brady came out of college he hadn't won anything. in fact it was a struggle keeping him as a starter in michigan and he dropped to 6th round. Wilson didn't win anything in college. Mahomes didn't win anything in college.

seemingly your logic is that I can't predict anything so I go with the obvious and argue that I knew about them prior......

btw, I will ask you the same question: are all wins/losses on the QB? yes/no?

and btw, based on NFL rules, Dak was 2-3 before his injury. no matter how you try to spin it. if you have issues with it, take it up with the NFL. let me know if your need their email or address.
There's a difference in "being something" and being a "winner". Moon and Marino are good players. They're not winners.

Wins/losses are not always on the QB, but when we lose 4 games in 2019 when our defense held teams to 12, 13, 17, and 24 (the Jets) points and Dak throws for a grand total of ZERO TDS in those 4 games combined then yes, those losses are on Dak. He is the reason for 8-8 instead of 12-4.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There's a difference in "being something" and being a "winner". Moon and Marino are good players. They're not winners.

Wins/losses are not always on the QB, but when we lose 4 games in 2019 when our defense held teams to 12, 13, 17, and 24 (the Jets) points and Dak throws for a grand total of ZERO TDS in those 4 games combined then yes, those losses are on Dak. He is the reason for 8-8 instead of 12-4.
OMG. did you seriously call Marino a loser...because if you are not a winner, you are a loser....there is no inbetween..

too funny.

and I went through the excercise on how many games teams like KC, GB, etc. lost when they gave up low points like that.....it was pretty similar....sometimes your defense has to win games....low scoring games. I remember a game when GB scored 9 points (yes, with Rodgers) and their defense gave up 0..... how about that!!!!

that's why they call it a team...offense, defense, etc.

and if you would like I could go over how many games we won when the defense craaped its pants and gave up 25+ points....but you wouldn't want me to do that would you? I mean you pointed fingers at offense. I can three times as easily point fingers at defense for putting offense in a bind to score tons to win games....and plenty of games the offense scored 30+ and the defense lost games because they couldnt' hold the opponent to less than 30....

that knife cuts both ways my mountaineer friend.

Hypotenoose

Reaction score
Your quote. right? his draft evaluation dropped him to the 4th round. Tom Brady's draft evaluation dropped him to 6th. and so on....the point since you missed the forest because of the trees was draft evaluations are worth the paper they are written on.

and I thank you sincerely for making the case for me, given all those mid-low round picks were HOFers......

you really have a tough time following any logic apprantley, including your own logic...you are kind of an interesting poster. you argued against yourself and lost....its probably the first in this board
Striking gold with a QB in the late rounds is exceedingly rare. You’ve chosen to make your point using the exceedingly rare case. This is cherry picking, more formally known among intellectuals as confirmation bias. This is a fallacy of logos. Do you have a substantive rebuttal or are insults and high octane retorts your only means of debate?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Striking gold with a QB in the late rounds is exceedingly rare. You’ve chosen to make your point using the exceedingly rare case. This is cherry picking, more formally known among intellectuals as confirmation bias. This is a fallacy of logos. Do you have a substantive rebuttal or are insults and high octane retorts your only means of debate?
I didn't cherry pick. I merely mentioned a list of mid to late round draft picks (facts) of which I mentioned just a few that popped in my head, of which there are many more....since you used that logic to knock Dak (draft evaluation)....I didn't even defend Dak, I simply punched a sun sized hole into your logic by providing simply available facts....I never insulted you. that would be childish. and rebuttal is in the facts presented. I don't need to rebuttal anything.... you seem to try to spin into a pigeon hole sized criteria to push your agenda... good for you...nice try I must say, but a failed attempt nevertheless

RonnieT24

Reaction score
dallas has wide receivers 2x that of Buffalo quality. what's daks excuse?
Dallas had the 2nd leading offense last year and through 5 games this year the leading offense...

but Dallas had an all time worst defense...Historically bad...prior to that we had garrett....who was on his way of ruining two QBs....given he ruined Romo

Yeah it's hard for me to follow how the guy leading the #1 or #2 scoring offense in the league needs an "excuse." Excuse for what? Only averaging 30 a game and not 40?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Yeah it's hard for me to follow how the guy leading the #1 or #2 scoring offense in the league needs an "excuse." Excuse for what? Only averaging 30 a game and not 40?
I wish they scored 30 in the first half rather than 30 in the second against a prevent defense when the game is over. Dak's famous for putting up 2 fgs in the first half and wonder why they down 20.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
10 against the saints
9 against the pats
9 against the eagles
15 against the bills

Where is this mighty 30 burger? Oh wait he got 47 against the skins so that must make all the losses and lack of points to good teams be forgotten.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Moon and Marino are GREAT players give me a break. Jeez you’re ignorant.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
10 against the saints
9 against the pats
9 against the eagles
15 against the bills

Where is this mighty 30 burger? Oh wait he got 47 against the skins so that must make all the losses and lack of points to good teams be forgotten.
Hey Clyde, Clyyyyyyyyde, maybe the defense had something to do with that Einstein?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
OMG. did you seriously call Marino a loser...because if you are not a winner, you are a loser....there is no inbetween..

too funny.

and I went through the excercise on how many games teams like KC, GB, etc. lost when they gave up low points like that.....it was pretty similar....sometimes your defense has to win games....low scoring games. I remember a game when GB scored 9 points (yes, with Rodgers) and their defense gave up 0..... how about that!!!!

that's why they call it a team...offense, defense, etc.

and if you would like I could go over how many games we won when the defense craaped its pants and gave up 25+ points....but you wouldn't want me to do that would you? I mean you pointed fingers at offense. I can three times as easily point fingers at defense for putting offense in a bind to score tons to win games....and plenty of games the offense scored 30+ and the defense lost games because they couldnt' hold the opponent to less than 30....

that knife cuts both ways my mountaineer friend.
Absolutely no excuses you can make in the world will convince me that Dak throwing ZERO TDS in those loses is not the reason we lost. Dak is the season for 8-8 instead of 12-4. Don't waste your time trying to convince me otherwise.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Absolutely no excuses you can make in the world will convince me that Dak throwing ZERO TDS in those loses is not the reason we lost. Dak is the season for 8-8 instead of 12-4. Don't waste your time trying to convince me otherwise.
so as predictable as dak haters are. all the losses are Dak's fault but the wins are the rest of the team. should I go over the rest of the games for you? or can you do that on your own?

And what about 2016? or 2018? those years don't count?

second question: does every QB throw a TD in every game? and do they lose the game if they don't? Brady? Rodgers? Wilson? etc.....

you are like an ostrich...and I am not insulting, but you stick your head in the sand pretending not see anything but what you want....its time to take your head out of the sand and look around.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Hey Clyde, Clyyyyyyyyde, maybe the defense had something to do with that Einstein?

Dak is just an avg QB who has problems against teams with above avg w-l records. Good Qbs can beat the bad teams but "Great" Qb's can beat the good teams.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

The 2.5 million dollar per game QB who ghosts the big games.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
so as predictable as dak haters are. all the losses are Dak's fault but the wins are the rest of the team. should I go over the rest of the games for you? or can you do that on your own?

And what about 2016? or 2018? those years don't count?

second question: does every QB throw a TD in every game? and do they lose the game if they don't? Brady? Rodgers? Wilson? etc.....

you are like an ostrich...and I am not insulting, but you stick your head in the sand pretending not see anything but what you want....its time to take your head out of the sand and look around.
Again, nothing you can say will convince me otherwise.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak is just an avg QB who has problems against teams with above avg w-l records. Good Qbs can beat the bad teams but "Great" Qb's can beat the good teams.
That’s complete bull****. And a very naive and ignorant opinion.