Letting Dak go will be the best thing Cowboys can do

MikeB80

Reaction score
Haha I knew you would do this which is why I brought up Cook to prove a point. Now this is exactly why I tell you that a fan who watches "condescend games" or watches box scores can't get a accurate opinion of a player. Yes...Cook had 97 yards....HE had 86 yards of PASSING and it KILLED the Cowboys if you watched the game. This is the crap you run into when you don't watch the games.

umm I didn't watch the game? are you serious?

never mind.

I don't have the patience for the level of ignorance on this site anymore.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
umm I didn't watch the game? are you serious?

never mind.

I don't have the patience for the level of ignorance on this site anymore.
If you think all that Cook did in that Vikings game did was just rush for 97 yards then yeah you didn't watch the game. That's the only explanation I can have. Cook ran all over us that game whether it was a pass or a rush. Maybe you forgot the game? You watch so much football I can see you forgetting some things........

MikeB80

Reaction score
If you think all that Cook did in that Vikings game did was just rush for 97 yards then yeah you didn't watch the game. That's the only explanation I can have. Cook ran all over us that game whether it was a pass or a rush. Maybe you forgot the game? You watch so much football I can see you forgetting some things........

yes. you are right. I didn't watch it. Actually I asked a vikings fan about the game since he will know more about his team than I would.

Focusing on cook actually worsens your stance that romo lost the game but like I said I am not here to teach you football. My suggestion is to watch more and dig a little deeper into games and situational football. If you put a little more effort into it you will get it eventually. Good luck with your studies.

cowboygo

Reaction score
Giants fan here. Not an enemy though. My own son is a huge Cowboys fan and I flew him to Dallas to watch his Cowboys twice. There are plenty of Cowboys fans who can vouch for me. The heck, I watched Cowboys-Giants game at Metlife with @YosemiteSam

With all that said, something my son and I agree on is Dak being a product of Cowboys offensive strength in Offensive Line and Zeke and above avg WR’s.

Dak isn’t bad. But he isn’t the world beater either. He isn’t Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees or Tom Brady. Yet he is asking to be paid as such.

Let him go Dallas. You won’t be sorry.

P.S. I will not post on this thread again. My son asked me to start this thread so he could read counter arguments. Please be respectful knowing a teenage Cowboys fan will be reading what you write about his father.

Peace!
either way, he's playing on the tag! IF he plays near MVP level, thats good enough to play on a second tag. I'd rather lock in 4-5 years though. But how would you grade Rodgers, Brees or Brady on this team? Super bowl or bust? If they don't win MVP with this squad, they underperformed? What does Dak need to do this year for his success to be attributed to him and not his weapons and O-Line?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
yes. you are right. I didn't watch it. Actually I asked a vikings fan about the game since he will know more about his team than I would.

Focusing on cook actually worsens your stance that romo lost the game but like I said I am not here to teach you football. My suggestion is to watch more and dig a little deeper into games and situational football. If you put a little more effort into it you will get it eventually. Good luck with your studies.
Haha nice try. Why did you leave out what Cook did in the passing game?

MikeB80

Reaction score
Haha nice try. Why did you leave out what Cook did in the passing game?

because your whole premise is wrong. The team was not surprised by cook. He is one of the biggest game changers in the league. He was an incredible mismatch vs our linebackers that night. The Vikings played this game without their number 1 wr which allowed them to focus on Cook even more. They are just not good on defense and could not stop him. Cook is a good player.

what Dalvin Cook did that night and blaming the loss on the coaches and then in the same breath and seriously saying romo lost the broncos game is unbelievable ignorance on a level i can't really comprehend. Like I said though good luck with your studies watching football is fun.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
either way, he's playing on the tag! IF he plays near MVP level, thats good enough to play on a second tag. I'd rather lock in 4-5 years though. But how would you grade Rodgers, Brees or Brady on this team? Super bowl or bust? If they don't win MVP with this squad, they underperformed? What does Dak need to do this year for his success to be attributed to him and not his weapons and O-Line?
Win the SB what else. :)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
because your whole premise is wrong. The team was not surprised by cook. He is one of the biggest game changers in the league. He was an incredible mismatch vs our linebackers that night. The Vikings played this game without their number 1 wr which allowed them to focus on Cook even more. They are just not good on defense and could not stop him. Cook is a good player.

what Dalvin Cook did that night and blaming the loss on the coaches and then in the same breath and seriously saying romo lost the broncos game is unbelievable ignorance on a level i can't really comprehend. Like I said though good luck with your studies watching football is fun.

I said they lost the game on Romo's interception. Did you watch the Bronco's game or did you watch a condescend version of that too?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Never forget that! Cook looked like he was faster than anyone on the Cowboys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Never forget that! Cook looked like he was faster than anyone on the Cowboys.
It was surreal. It just brought back flashes of that Rams game in the playoffs......just a embarrassing display of football...and still had a chance to win and then they go out the way they did....

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean I could go down the playoff line and show you tons of QBs who are getting paid in the playoffs and competing. I could show you Jimmy G (who is not in Dak's league) making the SB. Rookie deals make things easy, but the bigger deal is that if you are hitting on a top QB, you probably had other high draft capital that created other big hits (or you are the Chiefs/Ravens and just draft all pro talent because you can) and with all those top players you have a window which closes because it is harder to win consistently when you are drafting in the 20s every year.

I completely disagree with your assessment of Dak and the comparisons you make to more successful QBs.

Adreme

Reaction score
I completely disagree with your assessment of Dak and the comparisons you make to more successful QBs.

I cannot come up with a single measurable that does not put both Jimmy G or Kirk Cousins a tier lower than Dak. From top to bottom Dak is just better than them.The rest are just great examples of why you need a QB on Dak's level to really be able to compete and that paying those QBs does not preclude you from winning.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cannot come up with a single measurable that does not put both Jimmy G or Kirk Cousins a tier lower than Dak. From top to bottom Dak is just better than them.The rest are just great examples of why you need a QB on Dak's level to really be able to compete and that paying those QBs does not preclude you from winning.

Would love to see Jimmy or Kirk surrounded with the weapons Dak has had............and done very little with...........other than pile up a bunch of meaningless yards last year.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Jacksonville and Indy are the obvious choices but considering this will likely not happen until after next offseason there are a lot of possible interested teams that will need a QB in 2 years. In theory the Bears will have to have found someone by then but if not they are a target. The Raiders of course. The Patriots could be appealing if Cam does not stay. Keep a big eye on the Bucs in 2 years. The Saints will need a QB after this year but might try Taysom Hill for a year (also to get a little cap breathing room) and after that does not work need a QB. The Steelers are an outside possibility. Then there is of course the fact that you will have all the teams that bombed on their 2016 picks so that is Browns and Jets that are very likely and possibly the Bills.

That is a LOT of teams that will be looking for a QB and several that would consider themselves a QB away (or in the case of Saints and Bucs just wanting to keep high level QB play going to keep window open).

There are a LOT of teams looking for a QB, however, most of those teams are going to be in quite severe rebuilds. and there's the option of the Bears, im sure Dak would prefer to work with that offence.

He's got options, however, if his number one concern is money (which he's perfectly entitled to priorities) i'm afraid he's going to have to say bye.

Xeven

Reaction score
Giants fan here. Not an enemy though. My own son is a huge Cowboys fan and I flew him to Dallas to watch his Cowboys twice. There are plenty of Cowboys fans who can vouch for me. The heck, I watched Cowboys-Giants game at Metlife with @YosemiteSam

With all that said, something my son and I agree on is Dak being a product of Cowboys offensive strength in Offensive Line and Zeke and above avg WR’s.

Dak isn’t bad. But he isn’t the world beater either. He isn’t Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees or Tom Brady. Yet he is asking to be paid as such.

Let him go Dallas. You won’t be sorry.

P.S. I will not post on this thread again. My son asked me to start this thread so he could read counter arguments. Please be respectful knowing a teenage Cowboys fan will be reading what you write about his father.

Peace!

I love Dak but the days of team being a set roster are over. Can’t burn the the team for one player.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Kids. smh
iu

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you don’t count Cooper for half the season in 2018 or Dez, one of the Cowboys statistically best receivers in club history regardless if he wasn’t as productive with Dak.

I do count them, of course. Though Dez was at the end of his career and not the impact player he was in his prime.

Overall, though, our receiver group, TEs included, has been pretty average until last season.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The focus of the dallas cowboys has been the running game and being physical. Its been this way for 6 years. Its what other teams prepare for when they play Dallas, the offensive line-tight ends blocking ability and zeke's abilities.

They went 3-3 because the eagles did not play the starters in week 17 and did not care about the game. They won 6-0 and the passing game was awful. The important games in that stretch were the game against philly at home and seattle at home. They got whipped in both and had no ability to throw the ball. Why? Because teams didn't have to key on elliott and dedicating resources to stopping the running game. yes tyron smith was hurt. That should not sink the team.

Maybe this will be a passing first team this year but it has been a running team that wins with physical play from its line and running back for the past 6 years. If it is a passing first team this year I sure hope the guy that showed up on thanksgiving and in week 16 last year doesn't show up.

Every team in the NFL these days wins or loses games on the effectiveness of it passing game and the effectiveness of it’s pass defense. We run the ball more often than most, but we win or lose by passing the ball.