Letting Dak go will be the best thing Cowboys can do

Valkyr

Reaction score
Btw, I only say this @WillieBeamen because let’s be real. Jerry Jones has a history of going cheap on the QB position.

He fell a** backwards into Romo and no matter what you think about Dak, got lucky on that pick too considering he wanted 2 busts at QB earlier in that draft.

I don’t trust Jerry to find the next QB. That’s part of my concern.

I may trust McCarthy though....... but would he have the power to make the call?
It is amazing that Jerry has a history of going cheap at the two most important parts of your team, the QB and HC.

boro

Reaction score
I know it won’t happen but Darnold and Adams for Prescott and gallop.

HungryLion

Reaction score
So you are going to pretend that you didnt declare that you were done with Dak after that pathetic performance?

I don’t remember declaring I was done with Dak after the eagles performance. I do say stuff in the moment when I’m emotional from games though. So maybe I did.

None of that means he isn’t a top 10 QB though. He is without a doubt top 10. He played piss poor against the eagles, injury or not. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t top 10.

that’s why the original question by the other posted was dumb. Pointing out some bad games doesn’t mean a QB isn’t top 10. Plenty of other QB’s in the top 10 have bad games.

starcity214

Reaction score
I don’t remember declaring I was done with Dak after the eagles performance. I do say stuff in the moment when I’m emotional from games though. So maybe I did.

None of that means he isn’t a top 10 QB though. He is without a doubt top 10. He played piss poor against the eagles, injury or not. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t top 10.

that’s why the original question by the other posted was dumb. Pointing out some bad games doesn’t mean a QB isn’t top 10. Plenty of other QB’s in the top 10 have bad games.

This..

A top 10 QB..

does that list include guys like Kyle Murray, Joe Burrow and Tua?

Just based on pure talent, I'd wager they're better than Dak specially at the price difference.

I never understood how Dak is a top 10 QB.

Talent wise, he isn't even top 15.

money wise, he isn't a bargain either.

Why is he a top 10 QB?

HungryLion

Reaction score
It is amazing that Jerry has a history of going cheap at the two most important parts of your team, the QB and HC.

It’s a habit he needs to stop. If they do ultimately move on from Dak next off-season. Nobody should expect a late round project to move the team forward to compete for a championship. It doesn’t happen often. They need to be a top 10 pick to really have the odds in their favor. Generally.

starcity214

Reaction score

Problem is, we have seen this movie far too many times.

it's always something with this guy..

Against the Patriots? Blame the weather.

Against the Bears? Blame Garrett.

Against the Jets? Blame Marinelli.

I could go on but I think you get it.

Maybe Dak just isn't that good. He's just average.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This..

A top 10 QB..

does that list include guys like Kyle Murray, Joe Burrow and Tua?

Just based on pure talent, I'd wager they're better than Dak specially at the price difference.

I never understood how Dak is a top 10 QB.

Talent wise, he isn't even top 15.

money wise, he isn't a bargain either.

Why is he a top 10 QB?

Jeff George may be the most physically gifted QB to ever play the game.

Ryan Leaf was incredibly gifted with “talent”

how about Mike Vick? Based on pure physical talent, he drastically underperformed for his career.

There’s a lot more that goes into it, than just raw physical talent.

Dak is also a physically talented guy. I don’t know why people say he isn’t. He has good size, above average mobility, his arm is plenty strong enough.

He is top 10 in production since he entered the league. Basically every stat that’s used to determine a QB’s performance. Passer rating, QBR, EPA, etc.

He is top 10. It’s not debatable. Shoot ESPN just released an article where front office guys and coaches ranked QB’s and he ranked top 10 amongst them. Yet some of you still want to argue it like he is not.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Problem is, we have seen this movie far too many times.

it's always something with this guy..

Against the Patriots? Blame the weather.

Against the Bears? Blame Garrett.

Against the Jets? Blame Marinelli.

I could go on but I think you get it.

Maybe Dak just isn't that good. He's just average.

Every QB has bad games. He is good. He is top 10 in the league. That’s just the way it is. Look at the list of QB’s around him and then go watch some of their games. You’ll see all of them have bad games or not perform well, especially when their team around them isn’t helping them.

that’s the reality of QB play.

only the elite of the elite don’t have bad games. Or have just very very very few of them.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score

But that was the game of the season to make the playoffs. Not just a regular game and he failed which is why he didnt get an extension

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Jeff George may be the most physically gifted QB to ever play the game.

Ryan Leaf was incredibly gifted with “talent”

how about Mike Vick? Based on pure physical talent, he drastically underperformed for his career.

There’s a lot more that goes into it, than just raw physical talent.

Dak is also a physically talented guy. I don’t know why people say he isn’t. He has good size, above average mobility, his arm is plenty strong enough.

He is top 10 in production since he entered the league. Basically every stat that’s used to determine a QB’s performance. Passer rating, QBR, EPA, etc.

He is top 10. It’s not debatable. Shoot ESPN just released an article where front office guys and coaches ranked QB’s and he ranked top 10 amongst them. Yet some of you still want to argue it like he is not.

Well if he dont get it done in 2020 he is gone