RELEASED Linehan officially gone **merged**

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hear this kind of comment sometimes, but as much as I dislike Jerry being the GM, I don't think he really believes that firing Linehan either before he has a likely replacement in mind, or without one really has any effect. He knows either way the reaction is essentially the same until he names a new OC. I also think that while it may be true that he doesn't yet know who the replacement will be, they certainly have a list of candidates in mind.
Yea, we all have a list I’m sure. I’ll be curious who we’d want is willing to come here.

The whole reason Scott was pursued was he he was familiar with Jasons offense. Who others would fall into this category?

Or are we to believe Jason is going to be expected to abort his offense?

Has anyone really thought this thru or are we simply feeding the Lynch Mob?

lwehlers

Reaction score
hopefully we can get a coach that has some imagination and moves receivers around and get a good qb coach to help Prescott because we are stuck with him like it or not.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
hopefully we can get a coach that has some imagination and moves receivers around and get a good qb coach to help Prescott because we are stuck with him like it or not.
Yea, but that’s our biggest problem on offense.You have to dumb down the play calling because of our QBs weaknesses.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, we all have a list I’m sure. I’ll be curious who we’d want is willing to come here.

The whole reason Scott was pursued was he he was familiar with Jasons offense. Who others would fall into this category?

Or are we to believe Jason is going to be expected to abort his offense?

Has anyone really thought this thru or are we simply feeding the Lynch Mob?

How would Linehan have been familiar with Jason Garrett's offense? The only time they worked together before Dallas was one year in Miami where Linehan was the OC, and Garrett was a QB coach working under Linehan. Then Linehan went to the Rams as head coach, and then Detroit as OC where he ran pass happy offenses, which was not what he was asked to do in Dallas.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How would Linehan have been familiar with Jason Garrett's offense? The only time they worked together before Dallas was one year in Miami where Linehan was the OC, and Garrett was a QB coach working under Linehan. Then Linehan went to the Rams as head coach, and then Detroit as OC where he ran pass happy offenses, which was not what he was asked to do in Dallas.
That was their familiarity , the one year in Miami together. The point was he knew the offense we were running.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
THANK YOU JERRY.

Can we please get a new playbook in here ?

Was there something wrong with the old one? :rolleyes:

old-dusty-book.jpg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
“The leading candidate is Garrett himself. He will name a coordinator of course, but it would not be surprising if either out of self-preservation or edict from the front office that he once again returns to being the play-caller.

Here’s what we wrote on Monday about it.

The concern running an offense while running the team were too much for a young coach who was learning on the fly has to be gone now.”

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...earch-candidates-change-scheme-jason-garrett/

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was their familiarity , the one year in Miami together. The point was he knew the offense we were running.

You said Linehan knew Garrett's offense, but it was Linehan's offense they were running in Miami that one year, so are you saying Garrett is running Linehan's offense rather than the other way around? That's the first I've heard that said.

Besides, Linehan's history is mostly with pass heavy, throw the ball downfield offenses like he ran in Minnesota with Culpepper and Moss, and the Rams with Bulger, Torry Holt and Issac Bruce, and Detroit with Stafford and Calvin Johnson. I even recall Linehan saying a few years back that he had to adjust his thinking to coach the style of offense they wanted to run in Dallas.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

Garrett’s offense is reportedly a mix of his time as a backup QB in Dallas and his time as a coach in Miami. That means he picked up things from Linehan and knew Linehan would have an easy time picking up the offense because he already knew some of it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett’s offense is reportedly a mix of his time as a backup QB in Dallas and his time as a coach in Miami. That means he picked up things from Linehan and knew Linehan would have an easy time picking up the offense because he already knew some of it.

See the second paragraph of my post immediately yours. I think that familiarity is greatly overstated. The kind of offense the Cowboys run is not in line with Linehan's history.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
As if I needed any more reason to hate Jerry.......

Gaede

Reaction score
Hold on. I popped in the first page, great news. Then skipped to the last page and see that Garret night coach the O?!

*** is this