Linehan's Statement

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, no mention of JJ or SJ. Does that mean Garrett makes his own coaching staff decisions?
Don't think so, he said it was by committee, I'd like to think he intentionally didn't thank them.

Pretty embarrassing for your immediate boss to say you have a job on Monday, try to retract that later the same day and be on the beach on Friday. When Linehan was hired, he needed the gig, I do wonder where he'll end up. And I am not convinced that his restricted play calling wasn't by design, he sure as hell didn't call it that way with Romo, we complained about just the opposite.

Many blamed it on his OC and QBC, now we'll get to see.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Interesting other drama that may have helped precipitate this...

After a lot of street talk that Sarkisian was being brought back by Saban to be his OC, that hasn't yet gotten done.

Perhaps Linehan has interest?

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Linehan looks like hero with better OL. I don’t blame Linehan like most. Look at the pressures and sacks on Dak. Can’t make chicken salad out of chicken s***.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't think so, he said it was by committee, I'd like to think he intentionally didn't thank them.

Pretty embarrassing for your immediate boss to say you have a job on Monday, try to retract that later the same day and be on the beach on Friday. When Linehan was hired, he needed the gig, I do wonder where he'll end up. And I am not convinced that his restricted play calling wasn't by design, he sure as hell didn't call it that way with Romo, we complained about just the opposite.

Many blamed it on his OC and QBC, now we'll get to see.
Who said it was by committee? I don't remember reading that.

Reaction score
Dak will not magically become accurate with a new OC.
Maybe not.

But a good OC can hide or minimize a QB's weaknesses through schemes and dynamic playcalling.

Jared Goff is far from a great QB. But Sean McVey knows how to maximize what he does well and minimize what he does not do well. Andy Reid is similar in this respect. The results speak for themselves.

We need a OC who can do the same with this QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m glad. Now we can see if it’s our play calling or Dak.

I’m taking bets it’s more on our QB. Lol

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Yep, pretty much said so in the morning but by the time the afternoon had rolled around, he was crawfishing.
It’s scary to think that as well because if Garrett had no plans and could not see what was wrong with the offense than the “process” doesn’t exist.

Linehan was not respected by the players and his players are the Garret guys. Linehan doesn’t have a credible winning history considering the talent he has coached. Cooper and Dak have admitted to changing plays last min so for the ones that thank him for coaching great games need to take a step back and realize talent evaluated by the FO has kept us in games.

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
Yep, pretty much said so in the morning but by the time the afternoon had rolled around, he was crawfishing.
Stephen made the right call. Nice speech by linehan, but as an oc he was a liability. Now it's time to do the obvious with the defense.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Garrett when he backtracked on his Monday morning statement about Linehan coming back. The word he used was "collaboration" after Booger & Son told him to retract what he said.
I see. I was going by what Garrett and Linehan stated about the meeting.