Linehan's Statement

mrmojo

Reaction score
I believe he was forced to fit a square peg into a round whole to adjust to JGs scheme of wanting to run the ball. This is how this team has been built, hopefully the next OC can make it work or he will be the next scapegoat.

slick325

Reaction score
"I made the mistake with my staff of creating a game during film review during the week. I would do a shot of whiskey every time our QB missed a read. I'm now on the waiting list for a new liver and feel it's the right time to part ways and focus on my health."

LOL!!!

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Offensive DVOA WEIGHTED OFFENSE rank since Linehan's arrival

2014* - 4th in NFL
2015**-30th in NFL
2016 - 5th in NFL
2017 - 12th in NFL
2018 - 23rd in NFL

Not a terrible job overall, but really not good enough to overcome some talent issues. I'm all for him leaving, but posters around here would have you believe that the offense has been a dumpster fire, which just isn't the case. The offense has done generally pretty well with some talent issues since late 2017.

* - Passing Game Coordinator
**- Weeden|Cassell as QB

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Y'all know Jerrah fired Linehan. Carrot top prolly begged and cried that he loved everybody but somebody had to go. Lol.

If the outdated scheme remains the same then we'll know going forward where the ignorance lies.

Our next man up set it and forget it scheme did not come from Tom landry or Jimmy Johnson. They would have changed regardless if it wasn't winning.

Tg Linehan is gone. I still think it's too late and we're gonna lose Beasely and Tavon but we weren't maximizing their skilsets anyways

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Offensive DVOA WEIGHTED OFFENSE rank since Linehan's arrival

2014* - 4th in NFL
2015**-30th in NFL
2016 - 5th in NFL
2017 - 12th in NFL
2018 - 23rd in NFL

Not a terrible job overall, but really not good enough to overcome some talent issues. I'm all for him leaving, but posters around here would have you believe that the offense has been a dumpster fire, which just isn't the case. The offense has done generally pretty well with some talent issues since late 2017.

* - Passing Game Coordinator
**- Weeden|Cassell as QB
feast or famine

Londonboy

Reaction score
Would have rather He'd stuck the boot into JJ and JG, but I guess He doesn't want to scare off prospective employers.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Great now let's find someone else who can't execute out of JJ stale play book.

Praxit

Reaction score
....lol...is that right, a fresh start! Even Linehans final statement lacked creativity.. ;)..

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Prescott's accuracy is above average at every target distance up to 42 yards.

Dak doesn't get the ball out quick enough because he needs routes to develop in this scheme and when he doe's the DB's are jumping the routes. That's scheme.

Dak has missed some open throws too though. That's being off target because you're taking 3-4 sacks a game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Just goes to show how dysfunctional this franchise is. The HC has no say in whether the OC stays or goes. In fact, he is so clueless that he is fine with Linehan staying here. Goes national stating that Linehan isnt going anywhere. Only to get biatch slapped by the owner and has to recant. A few days later linehan is gone and its Garrett, NOT Jerry that has to sit down with him and give him the news.

If THAT isnt a puppet I dont know what is. LOL

He sucks, but I actually feel sorry for Garrett. But clappy the clown is the one that chooses so stay here and look like a fool. I would actually have more respect for clappy the clown if he quit.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Don't think so, he said it was by committee, I'd like to think he intentionally didn't thank them.

Pretty embarrassing for your immediate boss to say you have a job on Monday, try to retract that later the same day and be on the beach on Friday. When Linehan was hired, he needed the gig, I do wonder where he'll end up. And I am not convinced that his restricted play calling wasn't by design, he sure as hell didn't call it that way with Romo, we complained about just the opposite.

Many blamed it on his OC and QBC, now we'll get to see.
Romo changed plays so often you have no clue what was originally called.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
You did a solid job Linehan. Unfortunately your offense had a lot of tendencies and either you were stubborn or didn’t have the self awareness to look at it objectively. Or maybe Garrett just forced your hand.

Regardless. Good job. You gave us an identity that we can build off of but I hope Dallas breaks away from their early 90s brand of football.

The remaining playoff teams are deceptive and dynamic. We either evolve or sit at home with all the other teams that refuse to change.

I personally think most of it fell on Linehan. There were quite a few games the last few years where they came out with new looks in the first quarter, only to slide back into the same old stale play calling never getting back to any of those things later in the game.

In my opinion he is one of those coaches who wants everyone to fit into his scheme, instead of tweaking things to fit his personnel. Dak is the best example of this. Not one game since Jacksonville did he utilize Dak's legs in the game plan. To me that may be what ultimately led to his departure, Jerry and Stephen both talked about Dak being a dual threat etc but he never embraced it.

FTWayne

Reaction score
we at least they didn't phone him like Rob? I guess jason thought he could take him if it came down to a fight. :)

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You did a solid job Linehan. Unfortunately your offense had a lot of tendencies and either you were stubborn or didn’t have the self awareness to look at it objectively. Or maybe Garrett just forced your hand.

Regardless. Good job. You gave us an identity that we can build off of but I hope Dallas breaks away from their early 90s brand of football.

The remaining playoff teams are deceptive and dynamic. We either evolve or sit at home with all the other teams that refuse to change.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: