LINK: New Stadium Design Pics

joseephuss

Reaction score
Duane;1228630 said:
I'm kind of surprised that we're going artificial turf instead of real grass. Other than that all I can say is WOW!

The artificial turf works much better for a multi-purpose facility. I don't like grass field unless they are permanent. Those grass fields that are delivered on pallets for every game seem very uneven and in worse condition than a field turf surface.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
The year the stadium opens I think all the Cowboys home preseason game will be sold out and fully attented. I would also think high school games played there will be very well attented. I know I'll go to some high school games and not watch one play but instead just walk around and check out the new stadium.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
theebs;1228631 said:
I live in Tarrant county. I totally agree. I dont understand why the ballpark isnt down right next to american airlines.

If they had built all three facilities right in Dallas in the west end where american airlines is it would have been great. Could have gone the bars and been immersed with all the big and little buildings.

Oh well, for me it is still good, 15 minutes away!!

legal and contractual agreements is one HUGE reason. i could be wrong but i remember some friends (legal types) talking about how when laura miller helped get the AAC going, there's a clause in there that no other arena can be in the neighborhood.

Duane

Reaction score
joseephuss;1228685 said:
The artificial turf works much better for a multi-purpose facility. I don't like grass field unless they are permanent. Those grass fields that are delivered on pallets for every game seem very uneven and in worse condition than a field turf surface.

Thanks for the info Joseephus.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
trickblue;1228648 said:
laura.jpg

Dallas Mayor Laura Miller

yea, i think she has something to do with it. from what i understand, she's one of deep ellums worst enemies also.

i think i can take her. SAVE DEEP ELLUM!!! : )

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
dannyboy;1228603 said:
love the staduim, but those video screens might come into play on a high punt

thoughts?

The screens are 100 feet hight. I typicalpunt is only 75 - 80 feet high!!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
iceberg;1228689 said:
legal and contractual agreements is one HUGE reason. i could be wrong but i remember some friends (legal types) talking about how when laura miller helped get the AAC going, there's a clause in there that no other arena can be in the neighborhood.

I dont know about that one.

As far as the new Cowboys stadium not being in Dallas,

There was a clause when the AAC was built that stated that in the future, no other stadium could be built using public funds in Dallas (probably the City of Dallas, not County).

I know that was a huge problem, along with the tight deadline Jerry gave the City Council to make a decision.

- Mike G.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1228698 said:
I dont know about that one.

As far as the new Cowboys stadium not being in Dallas,

There was a clause when the AAC was built that stated that in the future, no other stadium could be built using public funds in Dallas (probably the City of Dallas, not County).

I know that was a huge problem, along with the tight deadline Jerry gave the City Council to make a decision.

- Mike G.

that may well be it, mike. i just know there was some legal reason that made it very difficult for anything to be built in the area.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Yeah guys I know why it wasnt. I am kind of glad it is not in fair park to be honest. I just like the way all the stadiums clustered downtown look. It gives the games a big city feel.

I like arlington and the ball park is great and now with texas stadium there it will be really nice. Traffic is a piece of cake in arlington which is nice.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
theebs;1228707 said:
Yeah guys I know why it wasnt. I am kind of glad it is not in fair park to be honest. I just like the way all the stadiums clustered downtown look. It gives the games a big city feel.

I like arlington and the ball park is great and now with texas stadium there it will be really nice. Traffic is a piece of cake in arlington which is nice.

Is that a sarcastic statement :) ?

Traffic in Arlington is the worst.

- Mike G.

Deputy493

Reaction score
Living in the Dallas area, I love the new stadium, but wish it was being built in the Downtown Dallas area instead of Arlington......unfortunatley we have a mayor who has no vision and all she cares about is banning smoking in private businesses and the Cowboys did not fit into her agenda, even though a stadium like that would've brought millions upon millions to the city, now Arlington will get the bulk......which hey, I live in a burb too....driving to Arlington or downtown Dallas same same for me, but the City and County of Dallas really dropped the ball on this..........and as the Emperor said in Jedi, "you will pay for your lack of vision"

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
thanks for the link. That really is going to be alot of fun.

I can only imagine what my season tickets will cost. I will probably have to take a second mortgage!!!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1228713 said:
Is that a sarcastic statement :) ?

Traffic in Arlington is the worst.

- Mike G.

No I was being serious. Maybe it is because I live in mansfield and just go south 360 or south down division to go home. If I lived in north Dallas I could see how getting on 30 east would stink.

If you go west or south from the ballpark though it is a piece of cake.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
60 yard wide screen!

180' x 50 '

I guess instead of 16x9 we're going for the 18x5 look?