Lions are signing Goff to a four-year, $212 million contract extension ($170 million guaranteed)

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys should offer Dak the same contract. It might be an overpay but Dak should sign it.

RS12

Reaction score
Still boggles the mind that the Dallas QB repeatedly shown that he will never take this team any further in playoffs and fans still wanna throw money at this guy. Seriously what are you looking at? Go back and watch some of his stinkers from just the past season and give a logical and rational reason to resign this guy. Don't give me useless empty stats or MVP votes. He was definitely on of the Packers MVPs in January. I also don't want hear fear of the unknown. After 8 years the known is division round ceiling. As a fan you should want better than that.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
If the FO was a still on the fence whether to resign Dak.....this is the tipping point. They will NOT be resigning him and will see if he is agreeable on a trade. If he is not, then he will be playing his final season here risking an injury that could affect next season.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
And you dummies think Dak isn't getting a Brinks truck. Might not be in Dallas but he will be getting paid. You guys can cry about the QB carousel and 4 win seasons.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Interesting career so far. At one point Dak looked liked the best quarterback from his class and would have agreed at one point however Goff imo better of the two

1 conference games and a superbowl appearance then shipped out of LA as they knew Stafford was an upgrade once he got stale. Goes to the lions and puts together the team taking the trash lions to 9-8 and 12-5 seasons and brings them to the conference game last year. Looked good in the playoffs too
It depends on how you view it. No one who viewed the Rams would say they made the SB because of him.

Dak is coming off a 2nd team All Pro. Neither one is anything to write about in the playoffs if you look at actual play.

Mikexike

Reaction score
This is the same guy who lost to Dak in the playoffs last year. Detroit overpaid him, but they seem to be on a spending spree to keep their own players. Looks like they think they have a short window to win it all and, dare I say, they are going all in.
Pretty sure we didn't play anyone but gb last year.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I think the Goff contract helps jump start the negotiations with Dak. Could see them signing Dak to a similar contract soon. Just like Miami will with Tua and Jacksonville with Lawrence. Dominos will start to fall.
Dak is not getting an extension.

plymkr

Reaction score

Time to trade Dak.

I feel Goff is a very good average QB. Paying him this much will cripple their franchise. These QB salaries are out of control. IMO what needs to happen is teams start winning the Super Bowls with very strong teams and adequate play from the QB. That would lower the prices.

I would love to do an anonymous survey or a study on NFL players centering on QB contracts. I bet there could be resentment amongst the rest of the positions that play in the NFL of the QBs. QBs get paid more, babied by the refs, get all the credit and all the attention. The only drawback is the get the blame. Other than that I’d be angry if I was on an NFL roster and not a QB.

For instance Von Miller went to mine camp, TC, every practice, played every game and dominated in the playoffs. Peyton Manning gets the credit for the victory. It’s not fair. O well, rant over.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
2nd time he's made the conference championship game and he's even made a Superbowl appearance. Interested to see how the back half of his career plays out, Detroit's roster looks like it's going to be good for a while.

Dak beat nobody last year and 2 seasons ago the only guy he beat was Baker Mayfield. Think your confusing players ? (the only time Goff has played Dak in the playoffs was the 2018 season and Dallas lost the game)
Imagine having Mcvay and Campbell as your coach, along with front offices who understand the window they have.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Some will say that is the going market rate for a QB, well so be it.

Lions must believe in their QB, I don’t think JJ feels the same way with Dak and I’m ok with that.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Bad deal for the Lions, IMO. Goff is on the Dak, Kirk Cousins type of QB tier, and rarely do teams end up happy after paying those guys big money.

Detroit has a fantastic young core, but their rookie contracts' expiry and Goff's fresh mega-deal put a 1 to 2 window on that team.