Lions Hoping for a 1st Round Pick For Williams, But Don't Expect to Get One

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If they would seriously move him for a #1 I'd do it right now. The offer would have been with them yesterday.

yimyammer

Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2299252 said:
of course you don't because you wouldn't know a football if one hit you in the gums

TO cornered Romo in a room and ridiculed him, are you not paying attention?[/quote]

I guess I'm not, what is your source for this? DO you have a link to a video or article to support your assertions?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2299325 said:
Cause owens wouldnt be the hero anymore. He would see his production cut in half. Witten would be wide open all day.

Owens could never handle that.

So what if we can win a champonship I'm pretty sure owens would ride the storm.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I could care less how T.O. feels about this. The Cowboys have to do what's best for the Cowboys both in the short term and long term. T.O. will be 35 this December, trading for Roy Williams before the deadline makes this team better right now and in the future (provided he agrees to extension, and with Jerry's track record that's very likely).

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
parcells316;2299335 said:
I could care less how T.O. feels about this. The Cowboys have to do what's best for the Cowboys both in the short term and long term. T.O. will be 35 this December, trading for Roy Williams before the deadline makes this team better right now and in the future (provided he agrees to extension, and with Jerry's track record that's very likely).

It does make us better, especially for the future.

The problem is it might ruin this season. You cant divide the locker room. And you cant test Owens patience and attitude.

I just dont see it happening with owens here. Owens is one of the babied players on this team. It would be a no win situation with the two of them.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
parcells316;2299335 said:
Bingo.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2299252 said:
of course you don't because you wouldn't know a football if one hit you in the gums

TO cornered Romo in a room and ridiculed him, are you not paying attention?

And you have proof of this, of course? I can't imagine you'd simply come here without any shred of actual proof on something you've just made up, or heard, while telling someone else they wouldn't know a football if one hit them.

joseephuss

Reaction score
bbailey423;2299258 said:
here go our last 6 first round picks

Felix Jones
Mike Jenkins
Anthony Spencer
Bobby Carpenter
Marcus Spears
Demarcus Ware

only ONE.....that is right ONE....is a full time starter....so why not give up a first for Roy Williams

The Cowboys essentially have put themselves in a situation where they have to ride the merry go round of free agent WRs because they have REFUSED to spend a premium draft choice on a WR and develop that person to replace TO. So essentially they HAVE to keep bringing in the Joey Galloways' TErry Glenns, Keyshawn Johnsons, and Terrel Owens....because we have not CHOSEN to groom our own. Roy Williams is the next logical guy to be the #1 WR in Dallas. He is big, fast....and will allow our other weapons to make plays. Plus, you have to believe he will not have the ego of TO

Ware and Spears are starters. That makes two. Jones and Jenkins are rookies and neither were expected to be the starters because of who was in front of them. Spencer will be a starter eventually, but for now Ellis is doing a very good job.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theebs;2299341 said:

The problem is it might ruin this season. You cant divide the locker room. And you cant test Owens patience and attitude.

I just dont see it happening with owens here. Owens is one of the babied players on this team. It would be a no win situation with the two of them.
Owens shared the limelight with Jerry Rice. He wants to win. This makes that more likely and reduces the number of double teams he'd face.

I think you're under-estimating him. My gosh, I'm defending TO.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2299341 said:

divide the locker room ? 52 v 1 I wonder whos going to win.

JohnnyMac

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2299222 said:
I don't believe he is woofing and I don't think it would push him over the edge either.

BraveHeartFan;2299345 said:
And you have proof of this, of course? I can't imagine you'd simply come here without any shred of actual proof on something you've just made up, or heard, while telling someone else they wouldn't know a football if one hit them.
FOX radio first team this morning

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hostile;2299347 said:
Owens shared the limelight with Jerry Rice. He wants to win. This makes that more likely and reduces the number of double teams he'd face.

I think you're under-estimating him. My gosh, I'm defending TO.

I dont think you can compare the two situations at all. Owens was a young nobody in sf. He was learning.

Now he calls himself the best in the game, no way he plays second fiddle to anyone.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
theebs;2299317 said:
can you imagine owens getting doubled and roy going off and being the hero.

I cant. This locker room couldnt handle that.

Austin is becoming a guy who will be getting the one on one looks and I believe he is going to get the ball more and more.

On sunday in the first qtr, austin ran straight past rogers and beat him on a deep post route...romo didnt see him and dumped it to bennet. I think when they see that stuff on film, the next week we will see that again...and austin will get the ball more.

I hope that doesnt upset him as it is, let alone williams on the roster.

Oh stop with the drama... lol

You know good and well that we could create mismatches that would get TO out of double coverage with Witten and RW and Crayton/Austin and Barber/Jones on the field lol

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2299246 said:
What about a 2nd round pick if we throw in bobby carpenter and dexter coakley?
why you trying to trade Dex? Undersized & still repped.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theebs;2299357 said:
I dont think you can compare the two situations at all. Owens was a young nobody in sf. He was learning.

Now he calls himself the best in the game, no way he plays second fiddle to anyone.
He already plays 2nd fiddle to Jason Witten. He did all last year and he has so far this year. He wants to win.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2299354 said:
FOX radio first team this morning

And what was their proof of it happening? One of them was there and saw it? They heard it go on? Or they're like ESPN experts and simply put whatever spin they feel like on things.