List of Qbs who won their first Super Bowl with the team that drafted them that were older than Dak

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys are literally fighting against history with Dak at this point.
mr Mountain----cause they truly not concerned about winning....just putting a semi-relevant team that is all to be a cash cow for Jerry....the old Jerry at least tried

yes made mistakes but tried....wanted to get back to SB...not anymore....then having the same couch almost beg us to "buy into us"...really?..that is the card

you going to play?....they deep down think we cowboy fans are just dumb as rocks....dont worry they all will come crawling back come football season....its

disgusting

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Huh? What?

You can do whatever you want. Never said you couldnt or shouldn't. Why get so emotional all of a sudden. Way way over the top. Just calm down. This anger is not good for your health.

it still Doesn't change the fact you are singularly obsessed, along with few others.

My comment stands true that Dak is not the only thing wrong with franchise.
Agreed, let's get rid of dak and add some help to the defense.

No one is above reproach except for Aubrey.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry kept Romo for 14 seasons (2 playoff wins like Dak) and Carrot Top for a decade, so buckle in. We're keeping Dak and McCarthy for a lot longer.
took off seat belt....take my chances on these dangerous roads

Flamma

Reaction score
I am not in favor of paying Dak. But he will get paid. What are the other alternatives that would make this team better.....
Drafting a QB and hope to get lucky. If you have a good team, you don't need to pay a QB 50M a year to be good enough to get bounced in the first round. You can pay Flacco for that. Much cheaper.

BigD5

Reaction score
Dallas knocked Johnny Unitas out of SB V

How many missed opportunities or bad calls went against Dallas in that SB?? Kind of unreal if you go back and read up or watch the game

Flamma

Reaction score
mr Mountain----cause they truly not concerned about winning....just putting a semi-relevant team that is all to be a cash cow for Jerry....the old Jerry at least tried

yes made mistakes but tried....wanted to get back to SB...not anymore....then having the same couch almost beg us to "buy into us"...really?..that is the card

you going to play?....they deep down think we cowboy fans are just dumb as rocks....dont worry they all will come crawling back come football season....its

disgusting
Yeah, the first time I noticed was the offseason after 2016. We could be 3-13, or 13-3, their offseason standard operating procedure is the same. I don't think we're winning 12 games next year.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
We all know Dak ain’t winning a Super Bowl with Dak

Jerry knows it to

Jerry is doubling down on McCarthy and Dak because he knows he was wrong for switching from Romo to Dak and for keeping Garrett as long as he did.

He's fooled by the regular season record, mostly against pretty poor teams and a really weak NFC East the last few years. The Giants and Commanders are historically bad at the moment, which inflates both the Eagles and the Cowboys. It's easy to win 12+ games a year when you're pretty much assured 4 wins.

They're 17-7 against the NFC East in this time period.

KB1122

Reaction score
FTR: Take out Bart Starr and John Unitas, as noted. Put the asterisk by Elway. But add Charly Conerly (34ish when the Giants won in the mid-50s. )

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Drafting a QB and hope to get lucky. If you have a good team, you don't need to pay a QB 50M a year to be good enough to get bounced in the first round. You can pay Flacco for that. Much cheaper.
I can't say disagree. but there are lots of people who predict things after the fact.

and it is what it is. get a cheap QB and get bounced. in the end you get bounced. what's the point?

Dak underwhlemed. but I am not one to say he was the only one who underwhelmed. the whole freaking team did. what's the excuse for defense laying an egg? couldn't stop the run. couldn't stop the pass and the group that prided itself on sacks, gone none!!!!

if you ask me. they are all over rated. spoiled.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Agreed, let's get rid of dak and add some help to the defense.

No one is above reproach except for Aubrey.
I don't buy into this , if we have money, then we build the greatest team ever with the money.

I have asked this a 100 times. who would you have signed if we had the money? how would it have made team better? and lets not forget last year we had 20M on the cap available. this year we had 25M. Jerry chose not to use it. instead decided to have safties play LB. and not sure what LBs were available to sign anyway

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Probably to prove what an astronomical long shot it is to retain dak and expect championship success.

It's a sucker bet.
and who is the next QB that's going to gaurantee us a superbowl win? or NFCCG appearance? I hear Dak can't do it. but no one has yet said who can...

unless you are banking on Lance. in which case I say good luck. he sucks even more

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
smh, dak and jason garrett are never ever win a super bowl. mark it down, it will never happen.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It’s called a message board… don’t click on it if you don’t want to read it.

If we have to endure posts all
season of Dak being the best qb in the nfl and posts about his stats, etc…. then you can deal with a post stating reality going into his extension
. This post is very on topic with what is about to happen.
its called a public message board. you don't want people to comment back, then don't post...

I endured worse. 30 years of it. get a hold of yourself.

btw, why did you click on my message and responded? you could have ignored!!!!

yeah...I see

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idk how some of u watch Dak in every big game and mention Super Bowl in the same sentence.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Please.

Anyone that's been around knows you've been one of the more vocal Dak over Dallas fans for years now.

Now that the walls are closing in you're trying to back track.
you lie. I am calling out your lie.

in your simple mind. if I don't shiet on Dak daily, then I am a supporter. sorry, I don't operate that way. I don't have anger and hate and I don't get emotional.

you are a lier. end of story.

p.s.

what walls? who gives a crap. this is entertainment. you take this stuff way too seriously. that statement gave away so much ofyour mind set.
come back to real life. where things really matter. stop being som enotional about this

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Eagles made it to the Super Bowl with 3 different coaches and 3 different QBs since we last went to one. If San Francisco makes it back to the Super Bowl this year they will also have gone to the Super Bowl with 3 different QBs. People like you are the problem. Too scared to try the unknown so just stick with good enough during the regular season Dak.
exactly. they made it with average QBs. so why is it that we can't make it with an average QB? why is it that some fans think the only way to make it is having an Elite QB.
there is more problems in Dallas than Dak. he is part of the problem. when the defense in most important game of the year, collapses like they did. they got zero sacks. a team priding itself on pass rush, sacks and pressure. got none. got gashed again in running game. when star WR is so weak minded, he has to sit on the sideline and soak in pitty, and the head coach has to go console him. freaking get up and get fighting you stupid idiot.

there is a lot wrong with this team. dak for 8 years...ok. then explain the other 22? same story, different year. different era. Dak is only the latest target

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Bart Starr
Johnny Unitas
Phil Simms
John Elway
You could technically add Peyton Manning on the list if we are going by number of seasons.

Peyton win his first SB with the Colts in his 9th season?

His playoff recored his first 8 years in the league = 3-6

Dak's playoff record his first 8 years in the league = 2-5

NOT SAYING DAK IS PEYTON, just pointing out that their career playoff stats are almost identical after their first 8 years in the league.

So there is precedent for a QB to have post-season success late in his career, Peyton ended up winning 2 SB titles after doing basically nothing for 8 years.