List of Qbs who won their first Super Bowl with the team that drafted them that were older than Dak

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You could technically add Peyton Manning on the list if we are going by number of seasons.

Peyton win his first SB with the Colts in his 9th season?

His playoff recored his first 8 years in the league = 3-6

Dak's playoff record his first 8 years in the league = 2-5

NOT SAYING DAK IS PEYTON, just pointing out that their career playoff stats are almost identical after their first 8 years in the league.

So there is precedent for a QB to have post-season success late in his career, Peyton ended up winning 2 SB titles after doing basically nothing for 8 years.
Peyton Manning was also a 2-time MVP with 4 other top 5 finishes by his 9th season.

Manning was never the weak link.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
its called a public message board. you don't want people to comment back, then don't post...

I endured worse. 30 years of it. get a hold of yourself.

btw, why did you click on my message and responded? you could have ignored!!!!

yeah...I see
I have a hold of myself … you are so emotional with your “ what is the point of this post “ comment.

It’s late you should be in bed.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
And with McCarthy (since no coach has taken 2 different teams to a Super Bowl). Bad odds all the way around, but hey, we love continuity!
We have a championship team in place. We have the leadership in place. McCarthy and Dak are here to be world champions, not to get a paycheck...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have a hold of myself … you are so emotional with your “ what is the point of this post “ comment.

It’s late you should be in bed.
oh, you are a very quick learner. reading my other posts and coming back with the emotional angle.

you earned two stars with this post (patting you on the head). I am proud of you.

p.s.
the idiot speaks thinking the whole world is like where he lives.

I am half way around the world on travel son. time zones are different.

did you graduate school? do you understand time zones?

this wasn't a good look from you. perhaps you should go to bed

plasticman

Reaction score
And then there were QB's that were cut or traded by their original team because they gave up on them.....only to watch them win Super Bowls with other teams.

That list is a little longer.

Jim Plunket
Earl Moral
Doug Williams
Drew Brees
Matthew Stafford
Brad Johnson
Len Dawson
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Bart Starr
Johnny Unitas
Phil Simms
John Elway
Simms won the SB in his eighth season.

Unitas won the NFL championship his fourth season.

Starr played in the NFL championship his fifth season.

Elway played in the SB in his 4th season.

Dak is already behind all of these guys when it comes to even making it to a title game. The only valid comparison is to Ken Anderson. Keeping Dak as your starter is only going to break the NFL record for longest tenured QB with one team to win nothing.

leeblair

Reaction score
Bart Starr
Johnny Unitas
Phil Simms
John Elway
Bart Starr won NFL Championships before there was a Super Bowl.
So did Johnny Unitas. He was almost retired when the Colts won one.
Phil Simms had to wait for Bill Parcells to build the Giants.
John Elway had been to 4 Super Bowls before he won two.
None of these guys have anything in common with Dak. They were winners already.

zeke21

Reaction score
Peyton Manning was also a 2-time MVP with 4 other top 5 finishes by his 9th season.

Manning was never the weak link.
The Dak fanboys never seem to want to see that. Manning got drafted to a dog team and had to literally drag the entire franchise on his back.

I've always described it as most elite young QBs get thrown the keys to a Corolla and then get asked to win a F1 GP. No matter how good they drive.. they ain't going to win.
Dak gone thrown the keys to a Ferrari.. and has managed to absolutely nothing with it.

Motorola

Reaction score
And with McCarthy (since no coach has taken 2 different teams to a Super Bowl). Bad odds all the way around, but hey, we love continuity!
Don Shula
Dick Vermeil
Bill Parcells
Dan Reeves
Mike Holmgren
Andy Reid

Now -- no NFL head coach has a Super Bowl VICTORY with two different teams

Diehardblues

Reaction score
For the sake of argument let’s assume our ownership realizes it’s going to be difficult winning a Champ with Prescott. Why else would you explain why they would want to keep him?