List of Qbs who won their first Super Bowl with the team that drafted them that were older than Dak

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
and who is the next QB that's going to gaurantee us a superbowl win? or NFCCG appearance? I hear Dak can't do it. but no one has yet said who can...

unless you are banking on Lance. in which case I say good luck. he sucks even more
So you don't think we will never find another QB? Like we might as well shut down the franchise because of this...lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So you don't think we will never find another QB? Like we might as well shut down the franchise because of this...lol
He would be telling Andy Reid to not trade up for Mahomes because we just don't know for certain if he can get us to the playoffs like Alex Smith.

Dak over Dallas fans have been proven to know nothing about football, let alone the QB position.

It's a loser mentality.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Jerry kept Romo for 14 seasons (2 playoff wins like Dak) and Carrot Top for a decade, so buckle in. We're keeping Dak and McCarthy for a lot longer.
Romo started for 8 season though.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Dak Prescott can barely function in the playoffs. What makes anyone thing this dude is going to suddenly be different next year?
8 years in. He is what he is: This team had 9 all pros this year, were playing at home the first two games at least (if they won Vs GB of course) and had a darn healthy team. How can Denver move on from Wilson one year after a deal?

Creeper

Reaction score
Every one of those guys had a stout defense, not the jumbled mess the Cowboys put on the field.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Elway couldn’t win until he got Terrell Davis.
Pretty sure if I look up Elway on OP's list, it's wrong.

In all honesty, it's tough to win a SB, there's only one each year, and many of the HOF QBs win it twice, so not going to find many names.

This list could have been better if it had been "QBs who reached Championship Conference Team before Dak with their original draft team."

Not asking for the stars, but asking for something meaningful. We all could have named someone too.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So you want to scatter shoot. Maybe it happens. Or is there a plan?

Clicking your heels three times and wish you were in Kansas doesn't work Dorothy. This ain't Oz

I outlined my thoughts in another thread.

Flamma

Reaction score
I can't say disagree. but there are lots of people who predict things after the fact.

and it is what it is. get a cheap QB and get bounced. in the end you get bounced. what's the point?

Dak underwhlemed. but I am not one to say he was the only one who underwhelmed. the whole freaking team did. what's the excuse for defense laying an egg? couldn't stop the run. couldn't stop the pass and the group that prided itself on sacks, gone none!!!!

if you ask me. they are all over rated. spoiled.
Yeah, we're not winning that game with our worst defensive performance since week 5 of 2013. We're going to most likely see Brock Purdy and Jared Goff in the NFCCG. These aren't world beaters. If they can get there, just about any decent QB can given the right circumstances. Something is very wrong with the Cowboys. Our QB looks like he panics if things get tough. Our whole offense looks like the run and shoot offense. If it works, it works all game. If it struggles early, it struggles all game.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, the first time I noticed was the offseason after 2016. We could be 3-13, or 13-3, their offseason standard operating procedure is the same. I don't think we're winning 12 games next year.
Flamma---NOPE...but would you not want us to not win a lot cause we are breaking down to get better?...verses not winning because we keep same ingredients for same recipe for same outcome?

Jerry has no respect for fanbase...NONE

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, we're not winning that game with our worst defensive performance since week 5 of 2013. We're going to most likely see Brock Purdy and Jared Goff in the NFCCG. These aren't world beaters. If they can get there, just about any decent QB can given the right circumstances. Something is very wrong with the Cowboys. Our QB looks like he panics if things get tough. Our whole offense looks like the run and shoot offense. If it works, it works all game. If it struggles early, it struggles all game.
a lot of truth in that prognosis

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You could technically add Peyton Manning on the list if we are going by number of seasons.

Peyton win his first SB with the Colts in his 9th season?

His playoff recored his first 8 years in the league = 3-6

Dak's playoff record his first 8 years in the league = 2-5

NOT SAYING DAK IS PEYTON, just pointing out that their career playoff stats are almost identical after their first 8 years in the league.

So there is precedent for a QB to have post-season success late in his career, Peyton ended up winning 2 SB titles after doing basically nothing for 8 years.
but Peyton Manning was like having a "live wire" OC on the field....Dak aint that....plus Dak has worked so

hard to overcome lack of natural throwing ability and it takes much from him to do adequate fundamentals

so when you add super stress of bright lights and things that upset him he falls apart....watch Dak he is so

stiff as a QB....my hats are off at his work ethic to better himself....but its taken years to improve whereas

many other QB's have it naturally and no thought process to muscle memory so they can withstand

more pressure...its not Daks fault....he could have probably been decent linebacker or TE too...but now

you pay him elite QB money????....develop our 3rd stringer QB....we know they will this

offseason?...they will try ...after watching...Love and CJ Stroud we would be stupid to not try

MarkP88

Reaction score
Elway couldn’t win until he got Terrell Davis.
Elway went to multiple Super Bowls before that, authored drives that went down in the history of the NFL as all-timers. He was acknowledged as great before TD came along. I hope to god nobody is seriously comparing Dak and John friggin' Elway, because that would be totally insane.

Aven8

Reaction score
Elway went to multiple Super Bowls before that, authored drives that went down in the history of the NFL as all-timers. He was acknowledged as great before TD came along. I hope to god nobody is seriously comparing Dak and John friggin' Elway, because that would be totally insane.
No comparisons. But TD got him a SB

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
and the defense is smoke and mirrors. can't stop the run. and pass rush is spotty. zero sacks against GB in the most important game of the year. their best player gets 1 tackle and 1 assist. pathetic