London Fletcher takes shot at T.O.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
He should look at his own team collapsing, his coach calling himself the Worst coach in America and the star running back mouthing off before he worries about our business.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hey Fletcher, your team is in freaking last place and you are whinning about not making the freaking probowl???

Shouldnt you be talking about your game with the Eagles this weekend instead of telling everybody how good you are and what a travisty of justice it is that you were snubbed???

You do realize you play a game this weekend, right???

*****When a player gets more upset about not making the probowl then he does about not making the playoffs, then this is what you call "mailing it in"*****

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2502803 said:
Hey Fletcher, your team is in freaking last place and you are whinning about not making the freaking probowl???

Shouldnt you be talking about your game with the Eagles this weekend instead of telling everybody how good you are and what a travisty of justice it is that you were snubbed???

You do realize you play a game this weekend, right???

*****When a player gets more upset about not making the probowl then he does about not making the playoffs, then this is what you call "mailing it in"*****
:clap2: This is one of the best posts in this thread.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2502797 said:
Really? Are you that oblivious to talent? His career stats are better than those of Dick Butkus, Jack Lambert and Mike Singletary, and very closely matched to Ray Lewis. Do they all suck too? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you only said something so absurd because you just hate anything Commanders, because you have obviously never taken a glance at his career. The only linebacker in NFL history that he doesn't have equal or better stats than is LT, who NOBODY comes close to.
I never said he sucks. I just don't think he's a hall of famer. he's been consistent but has never been anything special or had a great season.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Extreme;2502776 said:
If you think he's not, you've either never seen him play, never looked at his stats, or you are just completely clueless.

He has half a sack this season.

Hall of Famers don't go seasons with only a SINGLE sack that they shared with a teammate.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2502803 said:

Hahaha, FedEx Field is perfect for mailing it in :lmao2:

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2502834 said:
I never said he sucks. I just don't think he's a hall of famer. he's been consistent but has never been anything special or had a great season.
Yet he just happens to be better than those considered the greatest linebackers in the history of the sport? I'm not sure I understand the basis of your argument.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;2502837 said:
He has half a sack this season.

Hall of Famers don't go seasons with only a SINGLE sack that they shared with a teammate.
Hall of famers don't have career years every year either smart guy. You think no hall of famers ever had a slack season? Do you realize he's a play stopper and a playmaker, and rarely goes for the QB? Not to mention he's played hurt half the season.

I guess you don't like looking at the whole picture huh? Just the one stat that will justify you're argument. It would be like me saying Jason Campbell is the greatest QB this year because he has so few turnovers. You can base nothing on one stat, especially when it's in a category that the player doesn't attemp to increase.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2502845 said:
Yet he just happens to be better than those considered the greatest linebackers in the history of the sport? I'm not sure I understand the basis of your argument.
he's never stood out. those guys you mentioned we're part of the main reason those teams were successful and won championships. Fletcher was on a team that won a superbowl because of Offense. guys like Lambert and Ray Lewis were key parts in some of the greatest defenses of all time. Fletcher hasn't and never will do that.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Extreme;2502845 said:

if he were better, he wouldn't be mailing it in. Hall of Famers don't mail it in.

Plus, show us these "stats" you keep talking about. You can't compare one of today's players to Butkus - COMPLETELY different game. Ray Lewis is a more comparable player since he's a current era LB.

So that being said, Ray Lewis has more sacks, more interceptions, more passes deflected than Fletcher. The only thing Lewis is short on is tackles, but his Solo/Assisted Tackle ratio is 72%, versus 70% for Fletcher.

Hrmm...?

Edit: and then I even went and tried to find Dick Butkus' tackle stats -- tackle statistics/sacks weren't even KEPT in his era, so you can't even count that as any kind of argument since you're clearly a "numbers only" guy.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Extreme;2502851 said:
Hall of famers don't have career years every year either smart guy. You think no hall of famers ever had a slack season? Do you realize he's a play stopper and a playmaker, and rarely goes for the QB? Not to mention he's played hurt half the season.

I guess you don't like looking at the whole picture huh? Just the one stat that will justify you're argument. It would be like me saying Jason Campbell is the greatest QB this year because he has so few turnovers. You can base nothing on one stat, especially when it's in a category that the player doesn't attemp to increase.

As I said before as well, you don't go to the Pro Bowl with a half sack.

Take your homerism and go home -- pun intended.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I would like to congratulate London Fletcher on 4th place in the NFC East.

All hail the maroon, black, and yellow.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;2502856 said:
if he were better, he wouldn't be mailing it in. Hall of Famers don't mail it in.

Plus, show us these "stats" you keep talking about. You can't compare one of today's players to Butkus - COMPLETELY different game. Ray Lewis is a more comparable player since he's a current era LB.

So that being said, Ray Lewis has more sacks, more interceptions, more passes deflected than Fletcher. The only thing Lewis is short on is tackles, but his Solo/Assisted Tackle ratio is 72%, versus 70% for Fletcher.
I'm not your gopher buddy, look it up yourself. pro football reference. You want to compare him to Lewis? Lewis is ahead on 2 stats. Barely, and with more game played. Also, it's passes defended, not deflected ;)

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;2502859 said:
As I said before as well, you don't go to the Pro Bowl with a half sack.

Take your homerism and go home -- pun intended.
If it's homerism to call a proven player with a great career, that has barely played for my team compared to the rest of his career, then what do you call it when you say Romo is great after 2 or 3 seasons? Is that superhomerism?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Extreme;2502870 said:
I'm not your gopher buddy, look it up yourself. pro football reference. You want to compare him to Lewis? Lewis is ahead on 2 stats. Barely, and with more game played. Also, it's passes defended, not deflected ;)

Now you want to be specific? :rolleyes:

I second what Hostile said - congratulations, London Fletcher, on being 7-7 and last in your division.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Extreme;2502872 said:
If it's homerism to call a proven player with a great career, that has barely played for my team compared to the rest of his career, then what do you call it when you say Romo is great after 2 or 3 seasons? Is that superhomerism?

Where did I say Romo was great?

Come on, bro.

homer-drool.gif

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Wow. Not even amongst the 10 best LBs in football and he thinks he's a hall of famer.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2502872 said:
speaking of Romo, I told you skin fans Campbell can't even lead you to the playoffs and look what he failed to do yet again. and I don't know who you've been talking to but nobody considers London Fletcher as one of the greatest linebackers of all time except you skins fans.