Look how small Bell looks out there

Gambit

Reaction score
That goal line play is just crazy. Not only that you have a 205lb Safely playing MLB, but that he is like 4 yeards off the ball, on the goal line. We need to bring in a vet big LB and draft a on ball LB. I like Eichenberg from Ohio St (reminds me of Jack Campbell whom I like last year, though he went earlier than I thought he would). Eich is projected in the 3rd to 4th round. Tackling machine, good instincts, big enough to take on blockers etc. (A real LB).
I don;t blame Bell, and I like him as a S or off ball LB.
Come April Eichenberg will be a day 2 prospect if not already

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
That they had one actual linebacker on the roster after LVE got hurt? DQ can only play the guys he has - he doesn't have final say on the roster.
That's why I say it doesn't matter whose at coach or quarterback. Until ole Skelector retires or dies. Nothing is going to change.

dware94

Reaction score
I honestly would take a Bradie James style linebacker at this point. I mean what in the world is even going on??

BossRhino

Reaction score
If the Packers inflicted this much damage, imagine what the 49ers run game with CMC and Trent Williams would have done to this defense with no LB's. Packers did the Cowboys a favor sending them home early.

zeke21

Reaction score
The only thing I can think happened is self sabotage on part of the coaches.....for what reason??? I don't know. But the coaches are not stupid! WTH made them want play small and get washed time and time again by a really good running team??? They knew this would be the outcome of their decision. Heck we all knew. They even played Clark at DE on a few plays....... It just doesn't make sense!
They didn't have the personal. They haven't had all season and it got worse without LVE. The tried to hide it with other tactics but, like most things, got found out against good coaching and good opposition.

We got stomped.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dan Quinn is the main reason they were short on LB's. He sold everyone on his genius and ability to play with all his hybrid safeties.
They had linebackers last season. He had LBs in Seattle and Atlanta. Did DQ suddenly change his philosophy, and convince the entire FO of it?

I get it. We didn't get a scapegoat and some folks just have to have one. DQ is the only possible one left.

But the lengths some are going to find one smells of desperation.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Dan Quinn is the main reason they were short on LB's. He sold everyone on his genius and ability to play with all his hybrid safeties.
Dan Quinn's entire defense is based on hybrid players. And we don't have a real GM. McClay and scouts seem to do a good job scouting and putting the board together. But then clueless Jerry pretty much lets Quinn pick his pet players on defense. Same thing when Marinelli was here which brought us the likes of Trysten Hill.

Quinn likes his hybrid, athletic types in the front seven, the LB/safety hybrid, the tall rangy CB. Problem is we will bypass better talent in order to draft guys that fit Quinn's mold. Alot of projects and boom or bust types. 2nd rounder Kelvin Joseph has already been a bust. Sam Williams isn't close to becoming a solid starter. Mazi has looked like a bust so far.

DQ in Seattle under with Carroll as HC/GM they had the Legion of Boom. In Dallas with DQ handpicking his guys it's more like Legion of Bust.

BossRhino

Reaction score
Quinn likes his hybrid, athletic types in the front seven, the LB/safety hybrid, the tall rangy CB. Problem is we will bypass better talent in order to draft guys that fit Quinn's mold. Alot of projects and boom or bust types. . In Dallas with DQ handpicking his guys it's more like Legion of Bust.
You nailed it. That's why Demarvion Overshown was drafted--another Dan Quinn "Special" undersized LB/safety hybrid, only this one can never stay healthy, not college or even an NFL pre-season. Overshown weighs between 220-225 lbs. We need some thumpers not hybrids.

Aven8

Reaction score
I didn’t know if I should start another Dan Quinn thread, but I hope it doesn’t get merged because I don’t want this Baldy breakdown getting lost. Look at this!!! Look how small Bell looks out there!!! I knew he was undersized playing LB but this is unbelievable to watch!!

No one can ever say I didn’t tell you so! been clamoring for LB’s for nearly 3 years folks…..

WhizKid

Reaction score
Shout out to Bell. Dude was playing out of position, undersized, and had some good games. Was pretty effective against the screen game. Dude tried his best, I respect that. Going into the offseason last year we were lacking at LB and needed to make FA additions along with the draft. This was a management issue that resulted in them lacking personnel wise and playing a small rookie at the LB position not named Ivan Pace Jr.

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
I’m not a Clark fan right now but I thought Bell played pretty well this year. He isn’t big but made some plays. Seems to be a smart player. We’ve had some stiff linebackers over the years. It was nice to watch someone who could slip through blocks.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
They didn't have the personal. They haven't had all season and it got worse without LVE. The tried to hide it with other tactics but, like most things, got found out against good coaching and good opposition.

We got stomped.
That doesn't explain putting Kearse and Bell at Linebacker. Or Clark at DE. Heck put Micah back there at LB with Clark. And there is no need for Clark to play at DE when there is already a healthy rotation at that position!