Look how small Bell looks out there

Creeper

Reaction score
I would still like to know who made the decisions to let Evans and Harper go when they were so light at LB? This team has made some awful personnel decisions on defense lately and I think they hurt them.

Ridgeway isn't a star by any means, but he is better than Gallimore. If they had kept Ridgeway, I wonder if they would have even drafted Mazi.

Why did they protect Eric Scott all season despite being so thin at LB? I know they love him for some reason, but he looked awful in pre-season and he was never active in the regular season. In fact, they used Wright and Mukuamu at CB when they needed help there. They even activated Igbinoghene one game. He also looked pretty bad. Which leads me to ask, why trade Joseph for someone just as bad at the same position? I think the really missed Joseph and Goodwin on specials teams, especially ont hose fake punts.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Feels like he’s more interested in being labeled a genius for fitting square pegs into round holes than doing sensible things when it’s been shown Time and time again not to be working.

And I’m 100% with you on Overshown, even if he was a top 20 pick that’s ludicrous to depend on
Bell is one heck of a baller and he needs to go back to S. Move Parsons back to LB and draft another and get one in FA, plus have Overshown back.
:hammer:

Mr_437

Reaction score
I would still like to know who made the decisions to let Evans and Harper go when they were so light at LB? This team has made some awful personnel decisions on defense lately and I think they hurt them.

Ridgeway isn't a star by any means, but he is better than Gallimore. If they had kept Ridgeway, I wonder if they would have even drafted Mazi.

Why did they protect Eric Scott all season despite being so thin at LB? I know they love him for some reason, but he looked awful in pre-season and he was never active in the regular season. In fact, they used Wright and Mukuamu at CB when they needed help there. They even activated Igbinoghene one game. He also looked pretty bad. Which leads me to ask, why trade Joseph for someone just as bad at the same position? I think the really missed Joseph and Goodwin on specials teams, especially ont hose fake punts.
:hammer:Sheesh you guys are on fire today.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t know if I should start another Dan Quinn thread, but I hope it doesn’t get merged because I don’t want this Baldy breakdown getting lost. Look at this!!! Look how small Bell looks out there!!! I knew he was undersized playing LB but this is unbelievable to watch!!

He doesn't look small, he is small. This is on the Jerry because they didn't have the depth to replace LVE and it's on Quinn for have a poss poor gameplan.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Where was Mazi in the Goal-line play? He only had 4 snaps the whole game.

Robster8989

Reaction score
Bell should be nice at SS next season after playing LB this season, he just has to make sure his coverage is good.

McClay needs to add 2 real deal LBs this offseason. Also, people are anointing Overshown already which is interesting because to me he's gravy right...I'm not depending on anyone the '23 draft.
I agree.
I like Bell. He played well overall this year. He's just too small to be an everydown LB. I think next year he slides into the Kearse role as a Safety/LB hybrid. Wilson and Hooker start with a heavy does of Bell in the box.
On the LB front I agree as well.
We need a good one in the draft and also IMO a good, low cost guy in FA.
Let's face it, we can't sign a high priced FA.
Jewell would be nice or even a guy like Blake Cashman from the Texans.
I love Tommy Eichenberg from Ohio St. in the draft. Listed as a 3-4th rounder right now, will probably rise a bit.
I ran a mock and was able to move back a few spots in the first and picked up an extra 3rd (comp pick from Niners).
I grabbed Suamataia in the first, Hall the DT from Ohio St in the 2nd, then Eichenberg and Braelon Allen the big RB from Wisconson in the 3rd.
That would be a solid draft. I know it's a mock and very unreaslistic this early.

Ozone22

Reaction score
Guess DQ couldn't see that from all the way up there in the coaches box.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I agree.
I like Bell. He played well overall this year. He's just too small to be an everydown LB. I think next year he slides into the Kearse role as a Safety/LB hybrid. Wilson and Hooker start with a heavy does of Bell in the box.
On the LB front I agree as well.
We need a good one in the draft and also IMO a good, low cost guy in FA.
Let's face it, we can't sign a high priced FA.
Jewell would be nice or even a guy like Blake Cashman from the Texans.
I love Tommy Eichenberg from Ohio St. in the draft. Listed as a 3-4th rounder right now, will probably rise a bit.
I ran a mock and was able to move back a few spots in the first and picked up an extra 3rd (comp pick from Niners).
I grabbed Suamataia in the first, Hall the DT from Ohio St in the 2nd, then Eichenberg and Braelon Allen the big RB from Wisconson in the 3rd.
That would be a solid draft. I know it's a mock and very unreaslistic this early.
My new best friend haha.
I like Cashman and Eichenberg.
Also, believe in the 1st round LT.
Great post and I agree totally.

starfan1

Reaction score

Gallimore is blah I guess washington likes Ridgeway but myg uess is if he was here we still would have OVERDRAFTED Mazi we do that kind of stuff. Ridgeway hails from the school I worked at for 30 years prior to coming here to texas Illinois state university and actually played high school ball in bloomington.

I probably officiated him. I wonder if he just started flourishing at washington as they have better players on their line? I didnt see much here but he wasnt here long

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Amazing watching this....then watching the blame game.

Front office blaming Quinn...

Quinn pointing the finger @ them for not getting more LBers....more help

Meanwhile...Dak and McCarthy....not a freaking word about accountability.

Parsons gone AWOL....

Lamb wants to be traded....

And the Prescott body count continues to grow....

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
He has been small all year.

I did think once the playoffs started one team would want to run at out LB’s.

I figured it would come back and bite us, I didn’t think it would be GB.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
hes-so-little.gif

chagus

Reaction score
With Overshown and LVE out for the season, Dallas didnt have a choice. They worked with what they had. That being said, i REALLY hope they address the issue.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I didn’t know if I should start another Dan Quinn thread, but I hope it doesn’t get merged because I don’t want this Baldy breakdown getting lost. Look at this!!! Look how small Bell looks out there!!! I knew he was undersized playing LB but this is unbelievable to watch!!

It's not Bell's fault that he's not suited to play the LBer position. Hell, the Cowboy's would be better off if Quinn started in his place!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
With Overshown and LVE out for the season, Dallas didnt have a choice. They worked with what they had. That being said, i REALLY hope they address the issue.
Overshown is going to take at least a season or two to bounce back from his injury and LVE might as well retire because I don't expect him to be much help with his BROKEN NECK!

Aliencowboy

Reaction score

FO - depending on LV and having a rookie hurt in the preseason was a weak strategy that only got worse and under-addressed in season. Not DQ or Mac fault IMO

blueblood70

Reaction score

clarks 240 that why he looks small LVE is 247 evans was 237 ..not small Bells smaller than a tradsional LB but yes I hope someone hires DQ , I'm pretty worn out with the whole opportunistic boom or bust type defense if they don't get turnovers or multiple sacks every game the defense makes 0 stops they don't cover well they don't stop the run well unless they go rip balls out like they did in Philadelphia which by the way if people were watching really close those were some chunk plays that they got on this defense the defense just got lucky and got in there and ripped the ball out but they still got beat... They've been getting beat down all season against the better teams and all people can bring up as our offense as if our offense needs to score 30 to 40 points to win a game I mean that's what it's come down to rod marinelli and Mike Nolan's defenses...

I mean if you really wanna get serious about it you break down 2020 help Prescott and the offense was just putting up massive amounts of yards and points and losing those games before Prescott broke his ankle... I mean people wanted to run Mike Nolan out of here and somehow they're making excuses for Dan Quinn just because his defense can turn the ball over but outside of that they're not any better they've gotten worse all year in my opinion...​