Look how small Bell looks out there

Nexx

Reaction score
total mismanagement of the defensive roster. Size does matter. Our defense is getting smaller but are offensive linemen shrinking too? Hello no! I dont care what PFF says OSA is not a starting DT in this league at his size. Damone is a weakside linebacker, not a middle linebacker. Bell isnt a linebacker period. Micah is not a defensive end in a 4/3 he is a outside linebacker in a 3/4.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I didn’t know if I should start another Dan Quinn thread, but I hope it doesn’t get merged because I don’t want this Baldy breakdown getting lost. Look at this!!! Look how small Bell looks out there!!! I knew he was undersized playing LB but this is unbelievable to watch!!

Bell at 214 has no chance.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think losing LVE hurt.. but yes the undersize LB is bad. My question is.. what should DQ have done? Who should be out there instead of Bell?
If I saw us being destroyed the way we were on the ground, after I tried every real LB off special teams, I’d line up 5 D linemen with Micah behind them. Anything would be better than this.

Cmac

Reaction score
This^ . I know we have crap at LB and have for some time but when the Ol from the other team is essentially at the second level because our DL is average on a good day.Im not sure what your expecting.
What I'm expecting?.......Improve the area of interior DL and get LBs that are physical, can run side-to-side, and reposition Bell. Not so confident with Clark. I'd like to think an NFL franchise knows that.

starfan1

Reaction score
What I'm expecting?.......Improve the area of interior DL and get LBs that are physical, can run side-to-side, and reposition Bell. Not so confident with Clark. I'd like to think an NFL franchise knows that.
No in general sorry bout that i didnt word it correctly. My point is with the garbage we have at DL and LB when the lineman from the other side are at the second level consistently your going to get what we have seen terrible run defense. I agree with you completely

Cmac

Reaction score
No in general sorry bout that i didnt word it correctly. My point is with the garbage we have at DL and LB when the lineman from the other side are at the second level consistently your going to get what we have seen terrible run defense. I agree with you completely
You''re good, no harshness implied. All good starfan1.

Hoods

Reaction score
He’s small but not that small. The All-22 distorts. See the last clip of Aaron Jones.

IMG-0730.jpg

basel90

Reaction score
The team is small overall , with many soft spots and soft mentality. The team was built on speed D and speed receivers . A strategy of fineness football .
this is why Stephen was fascinated by the Oklahoma and USC coach Lincoln Riley . Speed D and finnesse offense . Guess what , it does not work with the big elite teams . USC just found out that fact .

the team is undersized and soft . GB bullied them and so have the 49ers and others .
if you cannot run or defend the run you won’t go far in the playoffs.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Some of it was bad luck, some bad choices.

If LVE hadn't gotten hurt, you'd have had a 255 lb guy instead of a 215 lb guy.
If Overshown hadn't got hurt, he'd be in there at 230 lbs, at least, that was his college weitght, I suspect by this time he's up to 240 or so, and would have been if he'd had a full camp to bulk up.

Cowboys took a chance on LVE being able to play and Overshown getting some time. Neither worked out.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Ridiculous.

Dallas had both Buddy Johnson and Malik Jefferson active. Could they have done worse than a safety at middle linebacker?

RonWashington

Reaction score
I think losing LVE hurt.. but yes the undersize LB is bad. My question is.. what should DQ have done? Who should be out there instead of Bell?

Devin Harper. Never understood why he was cut . Along with getting rid of Cox you enter the season thin at LB . 2 more draft picks gone .

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ceedee Lambs Mom might actually offer more resistance than some of our defensive players. She's got guts. Called out Dak .

NumOneQB

Reaction score
My biggest complaint about LB play on Sunday was Bell. Too many plays on Sunday showed him getting blocked way too easily. He’s playing out of position and it’s painfully obvious. Not his fault, all Quinn & Jerruh….

HungryLion

Reaction score
This is the FO’s fault. They had no linebackers. Literally it was either Bell or bums signed off their couch in the middle of the season.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Apologies if someone already posted this prior. Watching these All-22 clips of our undersized LBs get trucked makes it painfully obvious how undermanned our defense was against the run most of this season. And the front office just looked at that and stood pat at the trade deadline.

LB is not the only position we need help for next year. But if this team doesn’t beef up its run support (how many years have we been saying this??) it won’t matter who’s under center or catching passes for us.