Look Who Stepped Into The Room

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Speak for yourself!..............................................................................and me.
Runny, being older than most of my cohorts I detest change but this one was not only necessary but beneficial to us but it will take a little breaking in period and identifying the sarcasm. We pretty much knew when one of our own was doing that but over here posters need to figure out where some are coming from and I've seen that firsthand.

I found that the first time I was here. I was used to y'all knowing me on the old site, and knowing others, and few took me seriously, even the ones that didn't like me. But I am using the Off-Topic area here more than I did there. Man there's some interesting stuff going on in there, anxiety, depression, sleep disorders, posters suggesting weight loss....drop that cheeseburger and pick up a head of lettuce. Hell, if I want to be insulted, I'll go see my doc.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Runny, being older than most of my cohorts I detest change but this one was not only necessary but beneficial to us but it will take a little breaking in period and identifying the sarcasm. We pretty much knew when one of our own was doing that but over here posters need to figure out where some are coming from and I've seen that firsthand.

I found that the first time I was here. I was used to y'all knowing me on the old site, and knowing others, and few took me seriously, even the ones that didn't like me. But I am using the Off-Topic area here more than I did there. Man there's some interesting stuff going on in there, anxiety, depression, sleep disorders, posters suggesting weight loss....drop that cheeseburger and pick up a head of lettuce. Hell, if I want to be insulted, I'll go see my doc.
Yeah, I find myself being careful about my choice of words, and I use the Emojis a bit more here, just to be sure I don't inadvertently insult anyone.
If I'm gonna insult someone, I want it to be vertent!

And anyone who doesn't like you is an idiot.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I find myself being careful about my choice of words, and I use the Emojis a bit more here, just to be sure I don't inadvertently insult anyone.
If I'm gonna insult someone, I want it to be vertent!

And anyone who doesn't like you is an idiot.
Thank you, you made my Sunday.

Ya know liking is a funny thing. When I used to train my salespeople, I would tell them not everyone is going to like you, it's just human nature like the opposite end of that, meeting some and immediately having a connection. I would tell them unless you are being rude or behaving like an awesome person, them not liking you is on them, not you. They don't like you for their own reasons, move on and find someone that likes you. I would shuffle accounts every 90 days and sure enough, we'd get new advertisers on the air that someone had been calling on for months and some spending more money. Just changing the faces out.

Show me someone trying to reverse someone's feeling about them as a challenge and I will show you a frustrated person. The rule of thumb in the sales game is 3 out of 10. Go to a cocktail party tonight with nothing but strangers and at the end of the evening 30% of the people you encounter will not like you and some before you ever really meet. But, 30% will like you. In the sales area, it is that 40% that are reserving judgement that makes or breaks salespeople.

People have two choices. Try to make people like them that don't or try to make the people that like them like them more. The latter is a lot easier and less frustrating.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thank you, you made my Sunday.

Ya know liking is a funny thing. When I used to train my salespeople, I would tell them not everyone is going to like you, it's just human nature like the opposite end of that, meeting some and immediately having a connection. I would tell them unless you are being rude or behaving like an awesome person, them not liking you is on them, not you. They don't like you for their own reasons, move on and find someone that likes you. I would shuffle accounts every 90 days and sure enough, we'd get new advertisers on the air that someone had been calling on for months and some spending more money. Just changing the faces out.

Show me someone trying to reverse someone's feeling about them as a challenge and I will show you a frustrated person. The rule of thumb in the sales game is 3 out of 10. Go to a cocktail party tonight with nothing but strangers and at the end of the evening 30% of the people you encounter will not like you and some before you ever really meet. But, 30% will like you. In the sales area, it is that 40% that are reserving judgement that makes or breaks salespeople.

People have two choices. Try to make people like them that don't or try to make the people that like them like them more. The latter is a lot easier and less frustrating.
I've found that all I can do is be myself, and those who like me like me, and I can't make the ones who don't change their minds.

I've always thought that the world would be a much better place if you could only feel about someone the same way they feel about you. Of course, there would probably be less reason for comedy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've found that all I can do is be myself, and those who like me like me, and I can't make the ones who don't change their minds.

I've always thought that the world would be a much better place if you could only feel about someone the same way they feel about you. Of course, there would probably be less reason for comedy.
Too many still struggle with that.