CFZ Looking at Dak's WRs. has he really been helped?

cnuball21

Reaction score
I disagree. TO could take over games single handedly. And did so on many occasions in 2007. On the road and home. Something Cooper has never done. Witten was arguably the best tight end in football then. So. Yeah. Lets agree to disagree. And lets not even compare the OL on the 2007 team to what we had last season.

That’s fair. I think it’s at least debatable.

I think we can agree the group were trotting out this year is not even close to those 2 groups we’re discussing. I’d argue our current WR room is league average at best.

D4KADON

Reaction score
Which QB would "kill" to have these wideouts? Let's be careful on overhyping talent just because it has a start on the helmet.

What has happened to guys who have left Dallas? Dez? retired. Witten? Retired twice. Brice Butler? Terrance Williams? Cedric Wilson? Randall Cobb? Ehhhh......

I mean you conveniently left gallup, Lamb, Cooper, Bryant

also Brice butler was a good player for Dallas as was Cedric Wilson. Randall Cobb is also an established wideout and played well with GB

as I said, these aren’t bad options

I’m not a Dak hater but Terrance was fine when he played with Romo. Both are different qbs but these guys were not bums when they played here

If you want trash, look at what Baltimore is giving Lamar for wideouts

count your blessings

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

also Brice butler was a good player for Dallas as was Cedric Wilson. Randall Cobb is also an established wideout and played well with GB

I’m not a Dak hater but Terrance was fine when he played with Romo. Both are different qbs but these guys were not bums when they played here

count your blessings
I didn't leave out anyone. I named players who left Dallas. Why would I list Gallup or Lamb? They still play for Dallas.

My point isn't that these guys suck. I'm not saying that. What i'm saying is they are close to middle of the pack then the best in the league like people try to claim.
These units are nothing special though. Gallup, Cooper and Lamb sound great on paper. But when you factor in Gallup being hurt, Lamb being Lamb and Cooper not showing up in big games? What do you have?
Most quarterbacks have talent on this level. Some have more. Joe Burrow is throwing to Boyd, Higgins and Chase. Mahomes has had Tyreke Hill and Kelce. Allen has Davis and Diggs.

In regards to Lamar....he had Hollywood Brown and Mark Andrews for most of his career. I'm not going to argue that this is great. Nothin great about it. But if Mahomes had Hollywood Brown and Travis Kelce...people would think a lot differently about them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That’s fair. I think it’s at least debatable.

I think we can agree the group were trotting out this year is not even close to those 2 groups we’re discussing. I’d argue our current WR room is league average at best.
Realistically? This group this year isn't any better or worse than last years group. Stats wise? It is. Cooper puts up stats. But if he's not showing up in big games then what exactly do we have?

cnuball21

Reaction score

count your blessings

I don’t think any fans want trash, we just want a playoff caliber WR room since our team is close to being a legit Super Bowl contender. Right now it’s arguably one of the weakest rooms on the roster.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Realistically? This group this year isn't any better or worse than last years group. Stats wise? It is. Cooper puts up stats. But if he's not showing up in big games then what exactly do we have?

Last years group was way, way better when healthy. Like, not even close to this years group.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I almost forgot about Whitehead.

Dak's best trait has always been his ability to find the open receiver and spread it around, find the open guy so a so-called number one wasnt as necessary for him, individually, as it was/is for others.

That said, the team is better with Lamb as a number 1, and, obviously, the team will be better with more prototypical number 1, and 2, etcetera. But I've always admired that aspect of Dak's game.

Romo was like that, too, in some regards. But thats a big reason Dak took Romo's gig.

We can agree to disagree with the bolded.... It is well mentioned (and seen) that Dak force feeds the ball (which is starting to cause an uptick in interceptions). No he hasn't reached that "Interception Machine" status yet but he's not far off if he doesn't clean up his mistakes... I couldn't see the Texans game (based on where I live) but I did see the Colts game. Based on all the hoopla about Dak force feeding the ball (I didn't want to believe it until I really paid attention to watch his actions) I watched him very closely. His eyes were glued at who he was going to throw to right from the second the boys lined up for each play each time...

I've said this numerous times myself, his problem is the complete opposite of what you just said. He doesn't look around at all of his optional receivers. He has his mind set right from the break of the huddle and he force feeds it to that receiver. Watch him this Sunday when we play the Jags. I look forward to you letting me know what you saw...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Last years group was way, way better when healthy. Like, not even close to this years group.
What did they do against Denver and KC? I concede it’s better on paper for sure. On the field? I think it’s a wash. I was not impressed with Coop.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We can agree to disagree with the bolded.... It is well mentioned (and seen) that Dak force feeds the ball (which is starting to cause an uptick in interceptions). No he hasn't reached that "Interception Machine" status yet but he's not far off if he doesn't clean up his mistakes... I couldn't see the Texans game (based on where I live) but I did see the Colts game. Based on all the hoopla about Dak force feeding the ball (I didn't want to believe it until I really paid attention to watch his actions) I watched him very closely. His eyes were glued at who he was going to throw to right from the second the boys lined up for each play each time...

I've said this numerous times myself, his problem is the complete opposite of what you just said. He doesn't look around at all of his optional receivers. He has his mind set right from the break of the huddle and he force feeds it to that receiver. Watch him this Sunday when we play the Jags. I look forward to you letting me know what you saw...
Dak has always spread the football around. People who say he locks in haven’t been paying attention to his career.

cnuball21

Reaction score
What did they do against Denver and KC? I concede it’s better on paper for sure. On the field? I think it’s a wash. I was not impressed with Coop.

Is this is a joke? Like, were they supposed to have 300 yards passing every week?

Allen just threw for 140 yards last week. Does he suck?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Is this is a joke? Like, were they supposed to have 300 yards passing every week?

Allen just threw for 140 yards last week. Does he suck?
I’m confused. Keenan Allen? Josh Allen? Are we talking about quarterbacks? I never said anyone “sucked”. Not sure why you are confused.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Please, explain that opinion with any sort of fact.
I'll just use one example:

What happened in 2018 pre-Cooper? Who was the game changer? Dak or Cooper? How was Dak before Cooper? How was Dak after Cooper? Who did Dak help and make better before Cooper showed up that season? Why was Cooper even needed then?

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m confused. Keenan Allen? Josh Allen? Are we talking about quarterbacks? I never said anyone “sucked”. Not sure why you are confused.

Well I don't see Keenan Allen throwing for 140 yards any time soon.

You referenced the WR Corp not showing up in 2 games last year like they're terrible. How did the OL play? How did the QB play? What was the playcalling like those 2 games? I'm not confused at all just highly surprised you're trying to cherry pick and draw conclusion from 2 total games last year when there was a seasons worth of work. Josh Allen had a bad game last weekend - we're not writing him off are we?

We trotted out Dennis Houston as a week 1 starter this year and you think this years WR group is as good as last year. Mind blown.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'll just use one example:

What happened in 2018 pre-Cooper? Who was the game changer? Dak or Cooper? How was Dak before Cooper? How was Dak after Cooper? Who did Dak help and make better before Cooper showed up that season? Why was Cooper even needed then?

List of 2018 WRs after Dez was cut and before Cooper arrived.

Williams
Beasely
Ryan Switzer
Noah Brown
Lance Lenoir
Brian Brown
KD Cannon
Brice Butler

Now. Go thru the league. And find me a worse WR corps. Currently. You may find 1 or 2. Let me know how their QBs are doing.

This mirage that QBs dont need help at WR is so asinine. Look at what 1 stud WR did for Hurts this season. Look at what Diggs did for Allen. Look at what Hill did for Tua. LOL. My god. This argument is old and tired. QBs not named Brady, and Mahomes would be struggling too. Look at the great Aaron Rodgers without Adams as a prime example.

cnuball21

Reaction score
List of 2018 WRs after Dez was cut and before Cooper arrived.

Williams
Beasely
Ryan Switzer
Noah Brown
Lance Lenoir
Brian Brown
KD Cannon
Brice Butler

Now. Go thru the league. And find me a worse WR corps. Currently. You may find 1 or 2. Let me know how their QBs are doing.

This mirage that QBs dont need help at WR is so asinine. Look at what 1 stud WR did for Hurts this season. Look at what Diggs did for Allen. Look at what Hill did for Tua. LOL. My god. This argument is old and tired. QBs not named Brady, and Mahomes would be struggling too. Look at the great Aaron Rodgers without Adams as a prime example.

Ahh the ole "WR by committee" group. That brings back nightmares.

Proof

Reaction score
How does brown get advantage from Gallup being out?

Doesn't better receivers being in..... help lesser receivers?

Man you haters....you just can't keep your stories straight.

Brown got significant playing time with Gallup out. With him back his snaps have reduced.

Also I am shocked that Gallup is the guy who Dak has played most with. That's fairly surprising.