Looking forward to the season

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
The OP lost me at Dak
Also, "road graders we drafted"

Guyton is athletic, but raw, and doesn't have NFL strength yet. He's not a road grader. None of these guys are. JC Latham was a "R.G.". Fuaga was. Powers Johnson was. A few more.

But our draftees don't fit that mold. Doesn't mean they can't be as good or better though. Pass pro more important in modern NFL anyway

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Tyron started 13 games last year, hard to imagine Guyton year 1 coming in and give us the production we saw from Tyron last year. Tyler is a wash last to this, Beebe may very well end up being better then BDZ but not in his 1st year in a new position in the NFL, Zack declining, hopefully Steele up swing from injury.

Long term OL looking better but not next year.
RB's not going to be better at this point.
Passing game not better at this point.

Next year I see the ceiling as a wash at best.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OP, as others on this forum seem to place so much emphasis on MVP stats rather than winning. Yes, I know, they went 12-5 three years in a row and normally, that would be huge. But the deer-in-the-headlights look on Dak's face during every important game also speaks volumes. No fan in their right mind can really have confidence Dak is the guy to help get them to the SB. I believe his ceiling has been reached.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Less injuries and I think Beebe will be better than BDZ. That’s why I think the OL will be better.
What makes you think he’ll be better? Is there something he did playing guard in the Big 12 that would indicate he’s going to be a better than average center in the NFL. I get everyone like to refer to him as “nasty”, but he’ll be asked to take on some fairly nasty, and experienced, NFL defensive linemen. Hopefully no team the Cowboys play will have any nasty defensive tackles. At least not as nasty as the ferocious guys he faced in Big 12 play.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
OP, as others on this forum seem to place so much emphasis on MVP stats rather than winning. Yes, I know, they went 12-5 three years in a row and normally, that would be huge. But the deer-in-the-headlights look on Dak's face during every important game also speaks volumes. No fan in their right mind can really have confidence Dak is the guy to help get them to the SB. I believe his ceiling has been reached.
No QB will have success in the playoffs with the a weak gutless defensive run game and a weak gutless offensive run game. Not even Dak.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have deleted multiple posts in this thread. Knock off the verbal combat, call outs and insults before you get benched. You’re warned.

Sydla

Reaction score
The issues with the offense weren’t the QB, it was teams knew the Cowboys couldn’t run the ball so played accordingly.
The QB wasn't great in big games and was making mistakes that had little to do with the running game or lack thereof.

And the RB room is actually worse this year so can we count on the run game being better?

kskboys

Reaction score
I have deleted multiple posts in this thread. Knock off the verbal combat, call outs and insults before you get benched. You’re warned.
Well done.

In a post w/ this topic, it's just the nature of it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Just a few people. Very few. And hanging on by a thread.

Brax

Reaction score
Lot’s of turmoil going on with the Cowboys right now with Dak’s and Cee Dee’s contract negotiations. The Jones keep daring Dak to prove his worth and Dak continually delivers coming in 2nd in NFL MVP voting with MM’s QB guruness. He’ll do the same this year and it will be interesting to see how the Jones screw that up.

But for this year, Dak’s here so the passing game will be as elite as it was last year and I predict better. That’s because of the road graders the Cowboys drafted along the offensive line. Tyler Smith, Guyton, Beebe and Thomas. With Martin on the right along with an excellent run blocker in Steele and the offensive running game should be decent. The RB room is not complete as of today as I fully expect a trade before the season starts for a more established RB. Being able to run the ball will go a long way in playoff games.

As for stopping the run, well they have a lot to prove. Kneeland will be a help as he’s solid against the run but Hankins is gone and the only draftee was a 7th rounder in Rogers. Mazi’s still a question mark and hoping for the best there but again, it’s only May and I expect an upgrade with the DT’s before the season starts. Being able to stop the run game goes a long way in playoff games.

IF they can do those 2 things, then this team is more than capable of going far into the playoffs haters be damned!
You lost me at Dak continually delivers, just have to laugh, MVP runner up with no first place votes, a shame they don’t have a MV Choker award he’d be a unanimous winner.

Brax

Reaction score
Yea ....... he says Dak "continually delivers"

Then the playoffs happen.

Then the OP has to look for excuse like "he was second in MVP votes" ....... one vote from a Media Cowboys fan.
He didn’t get any first place votes even from Dallas area voters. Only one other player received a first place vote, that bum who plays in Buffalo.

Motorola

Reaction score
My brain tells me this won't get better until the Joneses have nothing to do with this team anymore and even then we have to hope new ownership is better than what we have. But I've been a fan for a really long time so I don't think I can walk away. I was think back to the late 1980s when Dallas was a sinking ship. Even then I had more hope for this team than I do now.
I don't know why some CZers think a time will come when the Joneses will sell the franchise.
The Bears, Steelers, Giants, Chiefs, Cardinals, Raiders have had the same (majority) family ownership for generations - dating back to the previous century - some since their team's inception into the league (the AFL for the Chiefs and Raiders).
Having the most profitable NFL franchise, along with being among the most valuable professional sports teams worldwide....why would the family give it up?
Jerry's three children help run the team - and they have offspring that can carry on the ownership after the elders have moved on.
The best scenario that Cowboys fans could hope for is that the Jones family - i.e. Stephen- turns the football operations over to qualified people after Jerry is out of the picture.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's see if we can latch onto a RB or two and the same goes for a DT, as well. Not sure if any qualified free agents are in the offing as we consider these issues, although, the cuts from other teams as TC gets underway might see some help yet to be acquired. Let's hope so, anyway. There will be additional help to come, just like other years in the past. There's work yet to be done -- hopefully, it'll be fruitful in its nature.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Let's see if we can latch onto a RB or two and the same goes for a DT, as well. Not sure if any qualified free agents are in the offing as we consider these issues, although, the cuts from other teams as TC gets underway might see some help yet to be acquired. Let's hope so, anyway. There will be additional help to come, just like other years in the past. There's work yet to be done -- hopefully, it'll be fruitful in its nature.
Dont worry my friend and Im not being sarcastic here.. we have some 1 techs on this roster this year.
Unless they make them all lose about 40 lbs and we can just jam that 3T position with future prospects....lol