Looks like we are the 5 seed

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The DVOA folks give us about a 14% chance of winning the division, which sounds about right to me. One-in-seven is too high to ignore but too low to get excited about.
After the Whiners and we beat Philly the odds of us winning the division go way up.

rambo2

Reaction score
No thanks:

1.) Not good to wish injuries on anyone
2.) When we play them I want to beat them at full strength to prove a point
Lol, who is wishing. It's a fact that injuries are a huge factor.

coult44

Reaction score
Our best hope is that they slip against the Giants. Feel better?
Our best hope is just to win wherever they play! We live in a snowflake world, I get it. But this is football, there’s nothing to be scared of.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I really don't give a rats Coitus Interruptus !!!! I really don't. Enough of this scared crap. Who ever we play, wherever we play, we have to win.

You guys and this we hope Detroit can win the #1 seed , blah Blah Blah. Got Damn my fanbase Sucks. Ya'll want our team to man up ? Man in the mirror my friends,

MAN IN THE MIRROR

Dakota

Reaction score
Hey, just an FYI. I found one national power ranking that has us at #2 just one behind the eagles and one that has us at #3 and the eagles at #6!! The ceiling is beginning to fall on the philly phrauds. Still waiting to see if they can win a game without the help of the zebras. Let't see what happens this week when they face a REAL winning team. I hope SF puts a beating on them even worse than how they annihilated us!!! Go 9ers!!!

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Isn’t this the same SF team Philly buried last yr. Buffalo had a shot at helping Dallas but ….5 seed means opening the playoffs against the NFC South champ . I like Dallas chances .
49ers had no one playing Qb. Purdy was hurt and couldn’t throw passes. Just handed off. 49ers are going to maul the Eagles by 21.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Eagles can lose to SF, Dallas and Seattle in seattle
They could, but it’s not likely they lose all three games. The Cowboys really can’t afford to lose any games to have a shot at the division.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
49ers had no one playing Qb. Purdy was hurt and couldn’t throw passes. Just handed off. 49ers are going to maul the Eagles by 21.
They had no one playing QB, because Philly’s pass rush kept getting to him and injured him. San Francisco would have lost that game anyway. You’re dreaming if you think San Francisco is going to go to Philly and maul them by 21 points. lol

Jarntt

Reaction score
This is not really worth discussing unless the Eagles lose to the 49ers this week and the Cowboys next week. Let’s pick up this conversation in 8 days if that happens and not waste everyone’s time right now. Deal?
Not worth discussing the Cowboys playoff picture in December on a Cowboys message board? Go somewhere else, deal?

DFWJC

Reaction score
They had no one playing QB, because Philly’s pass rush kept getting to him and injured him. San Francisco would have lost that game anyway. You’re dreaming if you think San Francisco is going to go to Philly and maul them by 21 points. lol
Don't think so, but whatever.
We only have what happened for real, and that was Philly beat SF ....even if McCaffery was playing QB

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hmmm… the SF team playing with McCaffery as the QB!
Those are very different teams anyway this year.
SF seems--entering week 13--to be better and Philly seems a bit worse.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Don't think so, but whatever.
We only have what happened for real, and that was Philly beat SF ....even if McCaffery was playing QB
Philly got the better of San Francisco in the trenches. They had close to 150 yards rushing. Practically every time Purdy dropped back he was being hit. Not saying the game wouldn’t have been closer had he not been injured, but Philly would have still won.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Anything is possible of course, but There is very little chance we win the division because of the Conference records of us and Philly. Philly can lose to both SF and us and still win the division even if we both end up 14-3, because they are currently 6-0 and we are 6-3 against the conference. After our game Philly plays the Giants twice, AZ once and Seattle in a Seattle. Not saying there isn’t a chance of course but it is less likely than I was thinking before I looked at the tiebreakers. So for Dallas to win the division we really need the Eagles to lose 3 out of the last 6. The Arizona game killed us.

If both 14-3: records would be the same. Head to head would be split. Division record would be the same. the only thing I’m not sure about is the record in common games which would be the division tiebreaker before conference record but after using the “playoff simulator” it appears that would be tied or in their favor.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Division tiebreakers:
https://www.nfl.com/standings/tie-breaking-procedures
Read your link. Common opponents is second. Jets help us out.

exciter

Reaction score
Those are very different teams anyway this year.
SF seems--entering week 13--to be better and Philly seems a bit worse.
I don’t think either is as good as last season … albeit less drop off with SF. Teams have caught up with Hurts to an extent… he’s just playing within a stacked offense!

mldardy

Reaction score
Did the season end today? I could have swore their are 5 more games to go.