Game Day Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas Cowboys | Postgame Thread

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It’s possible Dak paid Lance 50k per INT to bolster his value. Not sure how you can see what we saw tonight and even see Lance as an NFL QB. It was that bad.

That'd be one thing if it weren't for the fact that Lance had a reputation going back to SFO for being inconsistent. His game tonight might be one of the worst I've seen in a preseason game. I'd take DiNucci over Lance.

Sydla

Reaction score
Thats fair

This hyperbole that he is the worst qb ever is straight nonsense. There were times in that game that he looked impressive (to the unbiased)
He made some really nice throws. The TD was a great pass. The seam route before the end of the half that was fumbled was a great pass. The long pass into the endzone dropped was a great pass. But the interceptions other than the handfighting one, were awful passes. Just awful.

Lance in a nutshell right there.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dak thru 9 picks in 17 games last year.

Trance just threw 5 in preseason against scrubs.
Dak went a stretch of 3 games with 0 TDs and 5 ints. Set a franchise record for most quarters without a touchdown.

I guarantee Trey can produce better than that.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Someone in the game thread tried to spike the ball claiming the way Lance was playing tonight it was an indictment of the San Fran coaching staff. Lance then threw three more picks from that point on.

His performance tonight in no way indicts the San Fran staff. In fact, it might vindicate them. Lance still seems to have the same struggles/issues that he had in San Fran.
Who would have thought a kid who did not play in HS, only 1 year in college and has basically sat for the last 5 years has not progressed???

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That'd be one thing if it weren't for the fact that Lance had a reputation going back to SFO for being inconsistent. His game tonight might be one of the worst I've seen in a preseason game. I'd take DiNucci over Lance.
I can’t remember anyone having 5 INTS in the preseason ….. ever. It’s got to be an NFL record. And it was against scrubs playing vanilla defense.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Lance guys are really just the ones who hate Dak, wanna tank go 2-15, and draft a composite of Mahomes.

Fantasy scenarios on all 3 counts.
There are no Lance guys or Lance haters except a few.

There are far more Dak-haters and Dak-homers and Lance is in the crossfire.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's basically Tebow but can KINDA throw the football. That's not good enough to be an NFL QB.
If anything, he can throw the ball. Tebow was a fullback who threw 'well' enough.

People can rank Lance WAY down. His ranking can be a silver above Tebow. I could not care less. It is putting him at or below Tim Tebow that makes me shake my head.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You think we could trade him and get Will Grier back?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I can’t remember anyone having 5 INTS in the preseason ….. ever. It’s got to be an NFL record. And it was against scrubs playing vanilla defense.

Yup, though, I will count it as 4 because one of them wasn't his fault (because I'm being fair). That said, he's also fortunate it wasn't 6-7 cuz he had at least one or two that really should've been picked too .