Game Day Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas Cowboys | Postgame Thread

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
That'd be one thing if it weren't for the fact that Lance had a reputation going back to SFO for being inconsistent. His game tonight might be one of the worst I've seen in a preseason game. I'd take DiNucci over Lance.
Worst? He threw 5 ints, but he dropped a few dimes, he damn near had a 100 yards rushing. Personally I think he has improved quite a bit and I'm optimistic that he will continue

SackMaster

Reaction score
Our receivers won't be playing next week either.
Played with scrubs, against scrubs ... yet you think it would be better for Trey playing against NFL starters and All-Pros?

Pick 1 - Behind and Low. Not the WRs fault. Or at least that's what I have read for the past 15+ years with Romo and Dak.

Pick 2 - In the End Zone where Lance just never saw the defender watching Lance's eyes to jump into the passing lane. Not the WRs fault.

Pick 3 - The DE drops back in Zone and gets a Pick 6. Lance just never accounted for him. Nothing the WR could do there.

Pick 4 - The jump ball pick, this is where a starter could have made a difference.

Pick 5 - Last Int in the End Zone that was so far off, Calvin Johnson would have not made a difference. If the pass was anywhere near accurate, chance is the receiver that you are trying to blame for Lance's throw had a great chance to score the game winning TD.

So ... 4 of the 5 picks had NOTHING to do with the receiver Lance was throwing too, but we want to act like it was the receivers fault?

Really?
:huh:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
How depressing. I guess we just have to remember that NONE of the starters were out there.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Worst? He threw 5 into, but he dropped a few dimes, he damn near had a 100 yards rushing. Personally I think he has improved quite a bit and I'm optimistic that he will continue

I'm sorry, but I can't remember a preseason performance where a QB was given a whole game and performed like that. That was awful.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Yall celebrating.

What happened in that 4th quarter is going to end up resulting in more of the same for the next 4-5 years :facepalm: (re-signing Dak)
If that's truly the case, that's even more evidence the front office is run by buffoons. Lance stinking it up OR lighting it up in preseason playing WITH 3rd stringers AGAINST 3rd stringers should have NEVER been a factor in whatever they do with Dak. But knowing Jerry, you're probably right.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If that's truly the case, that's even more evidence the front office is run by buffoons. Lance stinking it up OR lighting it up in preseason playing WITH 3rd stringers AGAINST 3rd stringers should have NEVER been a factor in whatever they do with Dak. But knowing Jerry, you're probably right.
I tried to explain preseason games meant very little.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I can't remember a preseason performance where a QB was given a whole game and performed like that. That was awful.
Most people seem to be highlighting the negatives and disregarding the positives. I seen a lot of improvement from game one, and I seen at least 3 passes that were elite level throws, one should have been a touchdown.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I care. I’m a Cowboy fan. Now you don’t care because Lance looks bad? He was always bad. This was always about him getting better and being a project.

Yup, despite the fact that Lance was, at one point, a top draft pick by a team many here would say is a premier organisation run by premier football minds. Yet, he just showed the gulf in class between him and another QB on this team. Yet, fans like him want to act like "who cares"? That's a cop out. The fact of the matter is, Lance shouldn't be on an NFL field, and this game showed it. Fact 2. This game showed how hard drafting a QB actually is. Fact 3. While I'm not saying that paying a QB $60m+ is a good idea, you can't say that Lance is anywhere near the QB Dak is .

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Most people seem to be highlighting the negatives and disregarding the positives. I seen a lot of improvement from game one, and I seen at least 3 passes that were elite level throws, one should have been a touchdown.

I'll give him that, but it was still an F tier performance imo.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Getting rid of Dak for Lance is dumber yet. His replacement is still in college is my guess
We arent getting rid of Dak for Lance. We would be getting rid of Dak because he sucks and wants too much money.

Trey would just be the placeholder