Lost interest in winning

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's been tough to see Jerry Jones degrade into senile Al Davis. He has simply lost interest in winning. He is no longer willing to make the moves or pay the money. He has the 6th most cap space and he stands pat. This team in no where near a superbowl, not even close. Baltimore, San Francisco, and KC are the new NFL. I don't know what Jerry is anymore, certainly not the Maverick
Absolute ridiculous statement

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's been tough to see Jerry Jones degrade into senile Al Davis. He has simply lost interest in winning. He is no longer willing to make the moves or pay the money. He has the 6th most cap space and he stands pat. This team in no where near a superbowl, not even close. Baltimore, San Francisco, and KC are the new NFL. I don't know what Jerry is anymore, certainly not the Maverick
Biggest BS Narrative on this site...

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nobody wants to win more than this franchise. Just sometimes they let loyalty get in the way. That’s why you need a real GM. Businessman strictly
Emotionaless . To say is franchise doesn’t care about winning or is cheap is absolutely ridiculous

blueblood70

Reaction score

Stand Pat?!!!!!!!!!!! FA hasn't started yet and Cooper and Dak were offered top 5 deals which might be more then they deserve..The FO tried to sign them and that why the moneys there..now that they arent it will go to others before the season starts..

How about we FN Relax and calm the f down and wait until the final rosters are set to make ridiculous emotional statements that arent true because spending hasn't started for any team yet..

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Stand Pat?!!!!!!!!!!! FA hasn't started yet and Cooper and Dak were offered top 5 deals which might be more then they deserve..The FO tried to sign them and that why the moneys there..now that they arent it will go to others before the season starts..

How about we FN Relax and calm the f down and wait until the final rosters are set to make ridiculous emotional statements that arent true because spending hasn't started for any team yet..
I can understand some frustration. But you’re actually correct can we at least make it to the draft before we start criticizing again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nobody wants to win more than this franchise. Just sometimes they let loyalty get in the way. That’s why you need a real GM. Businessman strictly
Emotionaless . To say is franchise doesn’t care about winning or is cheap is absolutely ridiculous

Jimmy Johnson said it himself.. The Cowboys run their team like a country club.

They are play negotiating with Dak but doing nothing to make him actually drop his number take their years.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Its been this way since they moved into the new stadium. Stephen is cheap, cheap, cheap..... I wish daddy would raise his allowance so he would loosen the purse strings a little bit.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think he wants to win even more than you do....or me too.
It's his big dream and goal...imo

He's just misguided on how to make that happen

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We really haven’t been for most of this era.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think he wants to win even more than you do....or me too.
It's his big dream and goal...imo

He's just misguided on how to make that happen
I think he knows he’s a problem but doesn’t care enough to get out of the way.

cowboyec

Reaction score
he did for DLaw,Zeke,Jaylon,and the oline.
traded a 1st for COOOOOOP.
so exactly WHEN did he stop caring?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
WONDER HOW MM feels today watching the players he wanted to coach walk out the door? I bet he feels somewhat lied to.Welcome to Dallas Mike.
What? He knew what he was getting into. The status of these players are no secret.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think he knows he’s a problem but doesn’t care enough to get out of the way.
What specifically do you think he is doing right now that is a problem?
I think Stephen is ahead of him in current player negotiations and Clay and Stephen are both ahead of him in FA acquisitions and grading our own players.

The budget tightened more with Stephen transitioning to budget control sveral years ago than due to Jerry...imo.
And Clay has the Cowboys' full NFL player grading system in place that compares our guys to everyone else, then , together with Stephen, assess a dollar value to each.

starfan1

Reaction score

dang blue you being the voice of reason? Hadn't anticipated that kudos!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Great...…...time for you to move on then.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
8-8 OK so we are consistently competitive.Every year we have an opportunity to go to the playoffs whether we do or don’t. The point is if you don’t go one in 1-15 once in a while you’re not going to get that great draft pick. We’re middle of the road team because we’re middle of the road draft. Obviously there’s other explanations. But basically being average as long as we have been is actually a great accomplishment. How many teams win the Super Bowl‘s and then don’t even make the playoffs the following seasons. I love being competitive every single season. But I don’t know if it’s Better to hit rock bottom to be great again. I think we’re special teams away

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If that were true he wouldn't of spent a fortune on our two divas Dlaw & Elliott. Not to mention an entire new coaching staff.

And with this new coaching staff, the possibilities are there to be had. Lol, 49ers & KC had Cinderella seasons as did the Egals & Rams. Kindly take your self pity over to the Giants boards if you wish to see a team no where near a superbowl.