Lost interest in winning

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If that were true he wouldn't of spent a fortune on our two divas Dlaw & Elliott. Not to mention an entire new coaching staff.

And with this new coaching staff, the possibilities are there to be had. Lol, 49ers & KC had Cinderella seasons as did the Egals & Rams. Kindly take your self pity over to the Giants boards.
We have the worst starting position of any team out there on offense. If we could do something about special teams. I think that will make a huge difference. I’m sure there’s other implications which special teams would be huge to fix in my opinion

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
8-8 OK so we are consistently competitive.Every year we have an opportunity to go to the playoffs whether we do or don’t. The point is if you don’t go one in 1-15 once in a while you’re not going to get that great draft pick. We’re middle of the road team because we’re middle of the road draft. Obviously there’s other explanations. But basically being average as long as we have been is actually a great accomplishment. How many teams win the Super Bowl‘s and then don’t even make the playoffs the following seasons. I love being competitive every single season. But I don’t know if it’s Better to hit rock bottom to be great again. I think we’re special teams away

The cowboys aren't 8-8 every year, so that middle of the road notion in incorrect. They are a talented roster that lacked quality coaching. They now have a real coach and better overall coaching staff. Defense has been the big issue and that should be addressed this offseason.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The cowboys aren't 8-8 every year, so that middle of the road notion in incorrect. They are a talented roster that lacked quality coaching. They now have a real coach and better overall coaching staff. Defense has been the big issue and that should be addressed this offseason.
. Give a take one win one loss that’s basically what we are. Obviously there’s exceptions but the point still remains

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We have the worst starting position of any team out there on offense. If we could do something about special teams. I think that will make a huge difference. I’m sure there’s other implications which special teams would be huge to fix in my opinion

The starting field position issue was more a reflection of a defense that lacked the ability to run the ball over.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think we’re special teams away from winning at all. You can’t stuck inside your own 20 every time. Obviously not every time but get the point

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The starting field position issue was more a reflection of a defense that lacked the ability to run the ball over.
No I don’t agree with that at all. It’s lack of special teams. On kick off’s. Stop in the drive at the 40 yard line of the opponent because you start at the 15

tyke1doe

Reaction score
With good-to-great coaching, you don't need superstars at every position. With bad coaching, you do.
Until we get a coach in here (hopefully, that's MM) who knows how to scheme and use the available talent we have, we'll be locked into superstars who command huge salaries, limiting our ability to sign critical pieces necessary for a championship team.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not at all. This team is 40-24 the last 4 years. Had they had competent coaching it would have made a bigger difference.
Yes I get that. The numbers say you are correct. But we are an average football team and that was my point

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No I don’t agree with that at all. It’s lack of special teams. On kick off’s. Stop in the drive at the 40 yard line of the opponent because you start at the 15

The issue is that the defense rarely turned the ball over giving the offense a short field in wish to have to drive to score. THAT was the main reason why their average was sooo poor. Along with bad special teams on kickoffs.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The issue is that the defense rarely turned the ball over giving the offense a short field in wish to have to drive to score. THAT was the main reason why their average was sooo poor. Along with bad special teams on kickoffs.
You can blame it on defense one not blame but say they were the week pumped. I blame special teams more than anything. We started inside our own 20 more than any other team out there

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes I get that. The numbers say you are correct. But we are an average football team and that was my point

That's not the way that I see it. I see us as a team that has been so poorly coached that it might look that way to some people.

We have all the cap space we need to fill some of these holes. Things are looking up. Garrett is gone.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's not the way that I see it. I see us as a team that has been so poorly coached that it might look that way to some people.

We have all the cap space we need to fill some of these holes. Things are looking up. Garrett is gone.
I’m not complaining. Just putting the point out there. I’m not thrilled with this new coach but only time will tell

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

San Francisco has been to the Super Bowl twice before us. Younger better quality players. That’s a drafting hi

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You can blame it on defense one not blame but say they were the week pumped. I blame special teams more than anything. We started inside our own 20 more than any other team out there

That's only part of the issue. Field position includes turnover field position as well.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Perhaps wait until Cooper is actually signed before this sort of thread?
ArtisticEasyDowitcher-small.gif

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It's been tough to see Jerry Jones degrade into senile Al Davis. He has simply lost interest in winning. He is no longer willing to make the moves or pay the money. He has the 6th most cap space and he stands pat. This team in no where near a superbowl, not even close. Baltimore, San Francisco, and KC are the new NFL. I don't know what Jerry is anymore, certainly not the Maverick
I don't see this at all.

He just hired an entire new coach and staff and apparently left all the hires up to the HC.

Complete change from the past.

He let Garrett go which was based on him not winning enough given what the ownership and team brain trust had provided to him.

A fundamental quantum leap from the past of just replacing an occasional position coach.

The method of drafting has produced numerous Pro Bowl players in the last 4 years especially.

He has been added to the HofF, not so much for what he did for Dallas, but also what he has done for the NFL

And say he is over the hill and senile?

OMG.

I hate that word HATER but you seem to wear that label well in this post.

Bad day?

It happens..we all blow off steam becuz our expectations are so high.

I forgive ya, bro.

There are alot of things that might change over time but you have to realize the other teams in the NFL hate us BECUZ we have been popular for so long.

Jerrah has had a huge hand in that with 3 SBs. Jerrah took on all the risk when he bought the team and deserves its success when it happens.

Fans who want to separate the team from its owner and crucify one and hold the other as sacred are only fooling themselves.

It's impossible to do this. Other fans who hate us, don't bother with that. They understand it's one and the same.

Jerrah with all his warts is the owner of the most valuable sports team in history. And you are a fan of that team.

Loving one and not the other is like saying you love your wife but the way she makes you go to church each Sunday instead of letting you play golf..

only shows where you put your values.

You have to follow what she needs if you want to enjoy the relationship. Even if you do not agree.

Savey?