Lost is back! (Season 5)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
tomson75;2773648 said:
Really? I wasn't sure how I felt at first, but now I'm convinced. She gets it. Twice.

It's the lips.

Well she's definitely attractive, I think it's the way she talks, maybe because she's faking an American accent, something just doesn't come across to me.

She never really seems to get vocally high or low, her vocal tension is always in the middle. It's something I could never pin point until just now.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
TheCount;2773666 said:
Well she's definitely attractive, I think it's the way she talks, maybe because she's faking an American accent, something just doesn't come across to me.

She never really seems to get vocally high or low, her vocal tension is always in the middle. It's something I could never pin point until just now.

I agree with this. She really tries to force that American accent and her vocals are just off because of it.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
The first hour, which starts at 7 is a recap.

The actual show is two hours long and starts at 8...just thought I would let you guys know.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Dawgs0916;2773728 said:
The first hour, which starts at 7 is a recap.

The actual show is two hours long and starts at 8...just thought I would let you guys know.

alright thanks. Thought it was 8-11

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2773739 said:
alright thanks. Thought it was 8-11

Those times I gave are central. Just to avoid confusion if your from another time zone.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
This wait is killing me brotha's.

And the wait between seasons is just flat out unbearable. Luckily Cowboys football takes us right into January when Lost premiers again.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Ominous Oracle;2773461 said:
Just imagine it. This time next year we will be bracing ourselves for the SERIES finale.

I remember when "Walkabout" originally aired. I was flipping through the channels and caught the part where Smokey comes out of the trees at Locke. I of course thought it was a dinosaur and told myself, "good lord this looks like the worst crap I've ever seen."

Then one day I was at Wal-Mart and just decided on the spur of the moment to blind buy Season 1 right before the premiere of Season 2 aired. Well, the rest is history. I watched it in about 2 and a half days and became insanely hooked. I haven't missed a second of an episode since.

I can't believe it's going to end next year...that BLOWS.

I'm really going to miss this show.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Ominous Oracle;2773764 said:
This wait is killing me brotha's.

And the wait between seasons is just flat out unbearable. Luckily Cowboys football takes us right into January when Lost premiers again.

January?? good god..Well Entourage and the Cowboys will have to tide me over:D

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2773806 said:
January?? good god..Well Entourage and the Cowboys will have to tide me over:D

Love Entourage. Probably my second favorite overall show next to LOST. Ari Gold and John Locke...can't get much better than that!

Curb Your Enthusiasm returns to HBO this fall as well. That, along with Fringe and Cowboys football should tide me over.

But the wait is flat out painful.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Ominous Oracle;2773817 said:
Love Entourage. Probably my second favorite overall show next to LOST. Ari Gold and John Locke...can't get much better than that!

Curb Your Enthusiasm returns to HBO this fall as well. That, along with Fringe and Cowboys football should tide me over.

But the wait is flat out painful.

Hug it out Brotha :laugh2:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
many religious overtones to this episode. I hate the ending. Not that it was a bad ending, just that there wasn't any setup for the next season post incident. I don't want to wait 8 months.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
That was just way too crazy. Jacob has always been around. He has "been there", and "done that".

John Locke is Smokey. Or is it the opposite?

Scanned him and IS him.

Poor Locke.:eek:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Ominous Oracle;2774182 said:
That was just way too crazy. Jacob has always been around. He has "been there", and "done that".

Scanned him and IS him.

Jacob = God/Jesus
Other guy at the beginning = New Locke = smokey = serpent = Satan
Island = Eden
Ben = Judas
Rose & Bernard = Adam and Eve
...and so on.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
I felt like I was watching Jacob Gump.

That man's done and seen it all.

By the way if you watch Dexter...the guy playing Jacob...was Rita's Ex-Husband.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;2774381 said:
I felt like I was watching Jacob Gump.

That man's done and seen it all.

By the way if you watch Dexter...the guy playing Jacob...was Rita's Ex-Husband.

I recognized him right off the bat. The other guy on the beach was Silas Adams from Deadwood.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Ominous Oracle;2774182 said:

Scanned him and IS him.

Locke is Smokey??? I'm confused on what exactly Locke's character really is. And where did that statue come from? They didn't notice it before when they were on the island?

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2774938 said:
Locke is Smokey??? I'm confused on what exactly Locke's character really is. And where did that statue come from? They didn't notice it before when they were on the island?

I think Locke is Smokey. Whoever the man with Jacob was at the beginning can probably control (or is) Smokey himself.

Remember in "Dead Is Dead" when Ben tries to summon Smokey under his house? But instead of the Smokey Train coming out of the bushes, it was Smokey-Locke.

The Statue has always been there. It was first seen in the Season 2 Finale "Live Together, Die Alone" by Jin, Sun, and Sayid. At the time, only a foot with 4 toes remained (perhaps the nucleur explosion destroys the statue in '77?)

http://i80.***BLOCKED***/albums/j184/darth_sparrow/Television/LOST/l344a18a30000_1_31434.jpg

Then during some unknown ancient-time we see the back of it in the Season 5 Episode "LaFleur".

Now finally we see the full-statue (minus the face) in the finale. This is where Jacob lives.

Fourtoedreconstructed.jpg

kmp77

Reaction score
Goddess Taweret - Egyptian goddess of fertility and birth.

I guess this has something to do with the birthing problems on the island.

hippo_goddess.jpg