Lowest INT percentage this century

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Bull****, these past 3 seasons have been some of the best teams in football minus trash qb
You don’t think this past season’s team was one dimensional? Three straight years, the defense was terrible at stopping the run.

The teams those other QBs played on didn’t have those issues. But maybe I’m misremembering?

Maybe you’re right! Last season, our run D was tremendous, and against GB they didn’t play a defensive scheme they hadn’t used all year, and the Cowboys were dominant against GB stopping their run.

Prescott just threw INTs and he’s the sole reason the Cowboys lost that game and all the other playoff games he’s played in, and it’s proven given JJ and JR’s tremendous playoff record since 2000.

Yeah, I’m all BS.

For the record I’m in favor of trading Prescott, he shouldn’t play another game for the Cowboys.

Adreme

Reaction score
27-0 (and game over BEFORE halftime) and Dak was responsible for half those points.
And Trevor Lawrence was down 28-0 at halftime off of 4 INTs. The defense playing great in the second half is why a comeback happened. Cowboys were only down 27-7. But again it does not matter. He could have played great all game with no bad half, unlike every other QB in the playoffs, or he could have played horrible all game and it did not matter because no team has won in the entire history of the playoffs when the defense does what they did. Whether he played poorly in the first half or well it does not matter because they were not going to keep up with a team getting TDs on every drive.

Adreme

Reaction score
Dak was responsible for us being down 27 points on the offensive side, there's no getting around it as he scored 0 and turned the ball over twice. Just because he suddenly woke up and scored a bunch of garbage points does not save him from that. He has this thing that I hate where he sleepwalks through the beginning of games often leading to 3 and outs.
Find me a single QB in the entire playoffs who did not have a bad half. The reason some of them won was the defense stepped up and was not horrid. The key point though it does not matter how Dak played because they were never going to win that with the defense being historically bad. The idea that if Dak had played better in the first half they would have lost a closer game does not fill me with confidence. I do not know why some people would enjoy that moral victory but I guess to each their own.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
MVP! (in Sept and October)
This is all I hear...

Screenshot-20231026-220907-Photos.jpg

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak obviously bears his share of blame, but the defense also gave up a 16 play, 65 yard TD drive & an 11 play, 93 yard TD drive, so how is it the defense doesn't also bear some blame?

And while you acknowledge the offense finally woke up in the 2nd half, can you say the same about the defense?

Face it, the defense let the team down too. We were down 21 points at half, and while that's a tough deficit, it would have been possible to overcome it with some defensive help.
We need a new rule. You MUST...first go through every single other problem ..including ridiculous Rowdy...before uttering one single criticism of Dak.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
True , but his reluctance to let the ball go unless he sees visible separation between WR and defender is a big drawback , which could be one of the reasons for low INTs . In today’s NFL those QBs who throw their receivers open or deliver to a spot only where receiver can get it is more successful. Good defenses take away his 1st read and then he is in scramble or panic mode
I don't disagree with that. There's being careful with the ball and being too careful with the ball. I think he was told that in 2022 and it resulted in his worst interception year ever as he tried to just give receivers a chance at times. Of course, not all of it was on him, as we had receivers practically pitching the ball to defenders.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I don’t care about stats. As one legendary qb once said, all that counts is how many rings you have

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
and you came to that conclusion how? not saying is mahomes, or brady or rodgers accuracy and anticipation, but you just described QBs 4-15.

and some of this makes no sense. ok, if they take away his first read, so if you know this, then NFL coaches for sure know this and for sure they will game plan that way, and for sure Dak would suck every game, but yet his stats say otherwise....but I am sure the response is its garbage time stats, so he is a top 5 QB in stats, just because of garbage time. yet not other QB has garbage time?

again, not defending Dak. he leaves a lot to be desired, but some of the generalizations are way too outrageous.
You missed an important point , " good defenses", not garbage teams or bad defense like Gints and eagles. Why does his record is bad against good teams with better defenses and good against mediocre teams?

Iam not dissing Dak or supporting him, stating the facts , he is an average Qb when surrounded by good all out team will win a lot but not elite to overcome deficiencies in the playoffs. No agenda whatsoever, just tired of getting beat up by tough physical teams again and again in the playoffs.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
You don’t think this past season’s team was one dimensional? Three straight years, the defense was terrible at stopping the run.

The teams those other QBs played on didn’t have those issues. But maybe I’m misremembering?

Maybe you’re right! Last season, our run D was tremendous, and against GB they didn’t play a defensive scheme they hadn’t used all year, and the Cowboys were dominant against GB stopping their run.

Prescott just threw INTs and he’s the sole reason the Cowboys lost that game and all the other playoff games he’s played in, and it’s proven given JJ and JR’s tremendous playoff record since 2000.

Yeah, I’m all BS.

For the record I’m in favor of trading Prescott, he shouldn’t play another game for the Cowboys.
Terrible at stopping the run but yet held their own against the 49ers in both playoff games holding them to 23 points and 19 points. All Dak had to do was get us over 20 points in either game and yup, nothing.....both games he couldn't move the ball to save his life and then the wonderful showing against GB this year spotting them 20+ in the first 20 minutes. He is trash, he is why we can't advance, he is why we didn't spend a dollar this offseason end of story.

plasticman

Reaction score
Good luck selling that.
Has Dak been the starting QB for the Cowboys over the past 27 seasons of not reaching a championship game?

Dak is not the problem, merely a symptom of the true problem.

Let us say that Dak was not drafted by the Dallas Cowboys and Romo has retired. Who is the quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys and why is the Cowboys going to be better with him?

Knowing Jerry Jones and how he likes to shop for QB's at Walmart...which bargain basement QB combined with this team will earn them a ring?

Many fans don't believe in Dak because they don't seem to believe that QB's like Chad Hutchinson, Drew Hensen, Steve Pelluer, and Gary Hogeboom existed.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Terrible at stopping the run but yet held their own against the 49ers in both playoff games holding them to 23 points and 19 points. All Dak had to do was get us over 20 points in either game and yup, nothing.....both games he couldn't move the ball to save his life and then the wonderful showing against GB this year spotting them 20+ in the first 20 minutes. He is trash, he is why we can't advance, he is why we didn't spend a dollar this offseason end of story.
Maybe that’s because they were a one dimensional offense, which is much easier for NFL defenses to prepare for? It happened all season when they played good teams with run stuffing defenses.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score

I doubt those 3 had many years with a better offensive cast around them. 4 All Pros in the huddle.
But the defenses around that time were terrible, historically bad. It’s why the D folded in December and the playoffs. Are people really defending JJ and Jrs playoff record since 2000?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would get to boring quickly with everybody agreeing with one another.
That isn't what hyperbole is. I am SURE we can have plenty of interesting... friction without HUGELY exaggerating what other people say so we can argue some obtuse point.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
These types of threads are just so weird. You must be trying to hook the biggest fish, op.