RELEASED Lucky Whitehead Cut **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score
No one cares. It's the Cowboys so they pick it up. That's the bottom line. In a couple of days he will be old news and everyone will move on. Bad PR? No one cares. It's all about the Cowboys.

This makes no sense.

If they cut Whitehead last week, then it doesn't get picked up by the media. But the fact they cut him an hour after learning he had an arrest warrant and then a couple hours after they cut him it turns out they have the wrong guy, that's why it was picked up by the press.

In other words, this was entirely of the Cowboys making. They created this.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you cut him a month from now, you don't have the negative PR embarrassment that the Cowboys have now. Every major sports and football outlet has stories now about how the Cowboys cut a player who actually didn't commit a crime, oh and by the way, the guys who committed actual crimes have largely gone unpunished.

It's mind numbing that you guys can't see this. The Cowboys could have easily avoided this negative PR but they were so quick to try to head off the Lucky narrative as soon as possible given past player problems that they shot themselves in the foot.

I don't think anybody has said there's no negative PR consequence here, have they? I think the sentiment is more 'who cares?'

They did what they thought was best, given the information they had at the time. The net result for the roster isn't any different than if he'd been cut later in the preseason. Beyond that, everything else is immaterial.

Kaiser

Reaction score
This is hilarious, KD Drummond just posted an article on USA Today called:

Claimed by Jets, Lucky Whitehead now sentenced for crime he didn't do

In swooped the Jets, rumored to have only a passing interest in fielding a professional football team this season, to put the stink of punishment on Whitehead. While it can be hotly debated whether or not the Cowboys should have released Whitehead, what can’t be argued is that no one should be forced to play for the Jets against their will.

This is cruel and unusual punishment of the worst kind.

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/26/dallas-cowboys-lucky-whitehead-new-york-jets/

I know KD posts here, good job on some high quality snark!

visionary

Reaction score
This makes no sense.

If they cut Whitehead last week, then it doesn't get picked up by the media. But the fact they cut him an hour after learning he had an arrest warrant and then a couple hours after they cut him it turns out they have the wrong guy, that's why it was picked up by the press.

In other words, this was entirely of the Cowboys making. They created this.

You have to laugh at Garretts sheer incompetence
Guy can't even "send a message" properly

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, practice what you preach about team culture/discipline= little/no negative PR.

Stop giving media and the rest of the NFL ammo.

Again, what makes you believe they don't practice what they preach when it comes to team culture/discipline?

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Lucky throwing some shade on his ig as he sings "fake love" by drake.

"I got fake People showing fake love to me.. straight up in my face...."

:laugh:

Cmac

Reaction score
I don't think anybody has said there's no negative PR consequence here, have they? I think the sentiment is more 'who cares?'

They did what they thought was best, given the information they had at the time. The net result for the roster isn't any different than if he'd been cut later in the preseason. Beyond that, everything else is immaterial.
Now we get to see Ryan Switzer perform......and hope he performs worthy of the guaranteed break.

Status
Not open for further replies.