LVE changed this defense. Dak still a liability

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Lmao, you're a sad little man. "Get out of my thread" :laugh:
Calling Prescott a liability stretches past ignorant.

Give reasons he’a not. If you don’t, you’re obciously trolling.

You know you can’t because you have tried before, now you’re making middle-school like counters.

Doesn’t work. Next!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Give reasons he’a not. If you don’t, you’re obciously trolling.

You know you can’t because you have tried before, now you’re making middle-school like counters.

Doesn’t work. Next!
Get out of your own thread.

When a player throws game ending INTs you could use the word liability. Like past QBs who threw games away. Prescott has had some rough showing, but overall he's helped win games far more than contributing to loses. Especially when you factor in that it's a team sport and it also depends on your surrounding talent. Just like every player.
Prescott had a better game the Brees, and that's saying something.
If Prescott was truly a liability he would have lost games, clearly by his own actions.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Criticize away, when it warranted. Is Dak perfect- absolutely not. Is he a liability? Not on this game and not since Cooper arrived.
We would have lost this game big time if Dak had played poorly. 3.3 yard per carry, if Dak hadnt hit on pass after pass or made first downs with his feet, Brees would have had a number of more attempts and we would have lost.

Dak was one of the major reasons why we won against the Saints. Zeke did not have a great game. The oline was aweful and caused Dak to fumble twice. The other one was his fault.

Dak moved this team up and down the field at will. Converted 1st downs and was the major reason Brees was on the bench for a long time.

We fix our oline. We fix most of Dak's problems. Yes he missed Gallup on that deep route. But Romo did too sometimes. I swear, Dak gets the most criticism amongst any QB in a win. Its not even funny anymore.

Reactions: BAT

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
i mentioned about a week ago, with some blowback, that our D is borderline top 5 and could heat up near the end of the season. I didn’t think they would look THIS good, but we may have just mentally broken the Saints.

LVE is the #1 reason for this, he has changed the entire way this defense plays, which is becoming far more aggressive with tackling and getting takeaways. While I’m still not completely sold on our secondary, Awuzie and Brown stepped up last night.

The offense is a different story - this is reminding me a lot of what we saw last year with the Jags. Yeah, it was great we dominated the clock, but we put up 0 points in the second half and topped out at 13 points.

I don’t like Dak, but there were some positives - that run where he broke two tackles for the first, that got me pumped up....then goes on to miss Gallup who would have the game clinching TD and proceeds to fumble in the red zone. You gotta make those plays, dude.

You can win a Super Bowl with the level the D is playing at right now - but the missed opportunities that we had last night and the turnover, most of the time great offenses will take advantage of these and luckily our D broke the Saints.

Some kudos needs to go to Garrett - I think he feels his seat pretty much on fire right now and he had this team prepared against the most dangerous team in the league. Jerry, see what happens when you don’t allow your coaches and players to ever feel they have job security?
No you didn't you liar.....find the post where you said "borderline top five" and repost. Do it.

erod

Reaction score
Dak is the equivalent of a soft-tossing lefty who is your No. 5 starter.

He has his moments, but he needs 6 runs to win.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No you didn't you liar.....find the post where you said "borderline top five" and repost. Do it.

Go through my history, dumbo. It’s right there, it’s public.

Do it or get out of my thread.

Aren’t you that dopey poster who came at me and showed you have reading comprehension issues? Deactivate, old man.

If you want an easier way to find it - go look at my discussion with Nav22 (he has disappeared) where I told him the one thing holding us back from top 5 defenses was in the turnover category. He tried arguing we were middling.

Come at me, boy. Put the dentures away early and sleep off the alcohol. I told you this before.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Get out of your own thread.

When a player throws game ending INTs you could use the word liability. Like past QBs who threw games away. Prescott has had some rough showing, but overall he's helped win games far more than contributing to loses. Especially when you factor in that it's a team sport and it also depends on your surrounding talent. Just like every player.
Prescott had a better game the Brees, and that's saying something.
If Prescott was truly a liability he would have lost games, clearly by his own actions.

LOL now it’s a “team sport”

Hey dumb dumb, you get I am looking at an individual performance and not even putting a W/L on him? I didn’t in 2016 when we were winning - I pointed out his flaws that YOU ALL NOW AGREE WITH.

In 2016, this board was comparing his rookie season to Tom Brady LOL I flat out stated, the team around him was elevating him and masking his flaws.

Now you agree with this and want to argue? Deactivate.

erod

Reaction score
Bottom line.

This would be a great football team if only it had a good quarterback.

plasticman

Reaction score
Six of the other current ten starters on offense were not the starters last season. Five of them were not even on the team last season.

Four of the six replaced players were perennial Pro Bowlers.

But of course, the problem is Dak.

Meanwhile Zeke has half the TD's he had at the same point in his rookie season. Of course, that's because of all the changes to the offensive line, right?

Dak's first 44 games, four 300 yard games...same as Troy Aikman. Tom Brady had five.

Dak isn't"t even at the point in his career where Romo made his first start. Why do some fans think he will never improve with experience when that is what typically happens with young QB starters.

Dak is ranked #5 in NFL history in passer rating for QB's after three seasons just to give everyone a better perspective. He is ranked #1 in lowest INT%, #2 in completion % and #2 in rushing TD's. That is apples to apples.

But Dak is a liability....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Bad management is not a valid counter.

“Jerry sucks! But if he owns the “trolls”...”

You can’t make arguments. Get out of my thread.

Poor little troll. Dak is a stud. Big contract coming. Time to root for another team troll. Have a great day.

Reactions: BAT

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
> Dak is a stud

But he’s not...

He’s middling in nearly ever category LOL

And hes done that with a horrid Oline, horrid coaching and horrid receivers. What are his stats in the last 4 games in the win streak? Middling? Imagine what this kid could do if the line was top 5 again. Get a nice stud TE in here. Dak will be balling like 2016. Maybe you will crawl back under a rock again.

Comeback wins this year? Rushing TD's? Middling?

New long contract coming my man.

risco

Reaction score
Give it a rest. Dak gets blamed for everything. Good gracious granny, can't everyone just enjoy the win. We get that people don't like Garrett, Dak, Linehan.

Dak carried the team to the play-offs as a rookie. The team had a ton of adversity last season. This year the team cut Dez, lost Witten and Frederick. The team tried to upgrade the line coach which was an obvious failure.

Jerry and Garrett fire the O-line coach.
Jerry trades for Cooper.
Dallas starts winning consistently with Dak as the QB.
Dallas beats the best team in the NFL.
Most fans enjoy their day and basked at how this team rallied as a team with all 46 players contributing to the team win.

Dak had a rating of 115.5 and completed 86% of his passes.

We did win, right? Am I missing something?
I'm so sick seeing these messages about Dak... Yet here is another one... Good Lawd!!!!!!

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Go through my history, dumbo. It’s right there, it’s public.

Do it or get out of my thread.

Aren’t you that dopey poster who came at me and showed you have reading comprehension issues? Deactivate, old man.

If you want an easier way to find it - go look at my discussion with Nav22 (he has disappeared) where I told him the one thing holding us back from top 5 defenses was in the turnover category. He tried arguing we were middling.

Come at me, boy. Put the dentures away early and sleep off the alcohol. I told you this before.
No sweety, this is my thread.

It’s was on page 3 soon to be forgotten. I saved your lame thread that no one wanted to participate in. To thank me you call me dumb? That hurt my feelings.

I made several points about how your argument is either denial, ignorance, simple stupidity, or something else that only you understand. You didn’t respond to me, but you told others to get out if they didn’t make points of why your case was so misguided.

I rescued your tired thread. Now it’s mine.

Get out:thumbup:-my salute to you. Bye.

Reactions: G2

GMO415

Reaction score
Jerry already said Dak's the QB of the future.

Learn it
Love it
Live it

or leave it

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Give it a rest. Dak gets blamed for everything. Good gracious granny, can't everyone just enjoy the win. We get that people don't like Garrett, Dak, Linehan.

Dak carried the team to the play-offs as a rookie. The team had a ton of adversity last season. This year the team cut Dez, lost Witten and Frederick. The team tried to upgrade the line coach which was an obvious failure.

Jerry trades for Cooper.
Most fans enjoy their day and basked at how this team rallied as a team with all 46 players contributing to the team win.

New Orleans away from the Superdome is NOT the best team in the league. Dallas at home is much closer to top 5 than they are on the road.

I still don’t think this defense will be dominant in the Superdome or Coliseum

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Something else I've noticed. Look at the Patriots, Chiefs, Saints, Rams, all teams people can say have good QBs. I missed a few but leave it at them. Watch some highlights and see how many times these QBs are throwing to wide open WRs. Yeah Brady is good but I saw a pass to Hogan with no one within 10 yards of him. Same goes for a lot of the games of the other teams. They have a lot of WRs getting wide open in short order. Makes it a lot easier for a QB. How often do you see Dak throwing to a wide open guy? Not often because they're not getting open. Cooper is being targeted more, why? Just something to think about, and is why I sometimes pump the breaks in my trash talking of Dak.

How good did Brees look without players breaking free downfield?

They aren't getting open. Our routes goes right into the coverage and Dak has to wait. I swear our route tree is the dumbest in the NFL. Why do we run right into the coverage while other teams receivers run right to openings?

pupulehaole

Reaction score

Jerry trades for Cooper.

obviously a clear eye to view things.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Why would you want to see Marc Colombo get fired as our OL coach? Don't you realize he just took over for Alexander with the OL performing markedly better than they had under Alexander? He also has had Hudson Houck serving as his advisor/mentor, who has long been recognized as an OL guru. They have, by and large, been considered lately as a blessing as compared to what we had previously in Alexander.

Could that be what you're missing, by any chance? I seriously doubt Dallas would have beaten New Orleans if it weren't for that recent change in the OL coaching. I'm blaming any degree at all of difficulty in our pass blocking on the injuries that were sustained by Tyron Smith and the absence of Frederick at center. Despite that, the backups at those respective spots have done quite admirably, all things considered.

They have done pretty well. But one Lael Collins has done absolutely terrible. Cameron Jordan ate his lunch. Hopefully when we get both Tyron and Fredbeard back everything is back to the usual. They've done well but not good enough.