LVE continues to be weak link

rambo2

Reaction score
When we are 3-5 there may be a different sentiment on here. The defense run game is the Achilles heel we are giving up 5.3 yards a game against relatively poor offensive lines. The storm is coming and necessity is the mother of invention. LVE will be gone. He already is out on third downs.
They aren't going to be 3 and 5. If they aren't will you go away?

Starstruck22

Reaction score
First, just to be clear, the "watch the tape" was a dig at Jaylon's infamous attempt to defend himself.

Secondly, NO. No one has ever been as bad as Jaylon & allowed to continue to start as a LBer in the NFL. It was essentially giving the other team a 12-10 player advantage.
Well the storm is coming 3-3 after we start playing with a 10 man roster on D. I can see nothing but 10 guys on defense have some kind of impact. It wont hold against better teams. We have been very lucky so far. The storm is coming. Get ready for disappointment and finger pointing. I am just being proactive on the basis of what I see. Not stats. What I see as a feckless, slow, non instinctual, non impact player taking up a roster spot.

Naruto

Reaction score
If the run defense is truly a major weakness then what better opponent than the Rams to exploit it this week?

McVay will shove the ball down our throats and settle the debate if that's the case

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Well the storm is coming 3-3 after we start playing with a 10 man roster on D. I can see nothing but 10 guys on defense have some kind of impact. It wont hold against better teams. We have been very lucky so far. The storm is coming. Get ready for disappointment and finger pointing. I am just being proactive on the basis of what I see. Not stats. What I see as a feckless, slow, non instinctual, non impact player taking up a roster spot.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing. Simply saying that Jaylon is on a level that no one should be compared to. That's my only point in this matter.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
If the run defense is truly a major weakness then what better opponent than the Rams to exploit it this week?

McVay will shove the ball down our throats and settle the debate if that's the case
You will be shedding tears, believe me. We are going down.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing. Simply saying that Jaylon is on a level that no one should be compared to. That's my only point in this matter.
The fact that you see no resemblance is remarkable when a multitude on here do. I guess we are just fabricating everything,

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This kind of thing happens. I'm not worried about LVE as much as anyone else. He is what he is, and he's part of their bend don't break defense.

It's by design.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
This kind of thing happens. I'm not worried about LVE as much as anyone else. He is what he is, and he's part of their bend don't break defense.

It's by design.
Thanks for explaining it is all be design to have a feckless bend dont break player. The only problem is when the break is larger than the bend in the next few weeks. We will get hammered by Philly x2, rams, GB and others. We will not win the division. So much for bend dont break.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The fact that you see no resemblance is remarkable when a multitude on here do. I guess we are just fabricating everything,

Jeez, I say I agree with you in principle just not to that level and somehow you come back with "no resemblance" and an out of left field comment as if I had insinuated you were fabricating something. :huh:

Tell you what, when I see LVE running in circles going nowhere in particular then we can talk about "resemblance".

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Thanks for explaining it is all be design to have a feckless bend dont break player. The only problem is when the break is larger than the bend in the next few weeks. We will get hammered by Philly x2, rams, GB and others. We will not win the division. So much for bend dont break.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Sometimes, players have assignments, so they have to assure something before they make a play.

This was explained to you in another thread, but you still don't seem to get it.

Plus, if LVE is playing. What does that say about some of our other LBs?

If you remember, LVE was the only player who showed up in the San Fran game. I know we all love Parsons, but he disappeared.

We shall see over the next few games. He's more of a blue collar kind of player. Always has been. And that's not a bad thing. He just does the dirty work, like Noah used to on the offense.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought he looked pretty bad in the 1st quarter. Saw a few opportunities for him to attack and he lagged back and ended up giving up 5-7 yards when he had a chance to make a stop with little or no gain.

I thought he looked better after that. Seemed to build confidence and became more aggressive.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The neck protector is moving at a different speed? Your killing me dude. You do get an award for absurdity.
Wow, your comprehension skills are pathetic. No wonder you don't understand what you're seeing in games.
Anyone who agrees with anything you've said must be embarrassed now.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, your comprehension skills are pathetic. No wonder you don't understand what you're seeing in games.
Anyone who agrees with anything you've said must be embarrassed now.
I'm still hoping for a debate between @Dak_Attack_09 and @Starstruck22

Who wouldn't want to see the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0–14) vs the 2008 Detroit Lions (0–16) ...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When we are 3-5 there may be a different sentiment on here. The defense run game is the Achilles heel we are giving up 5.3 yards a game against relatively poor offensive lines. The storm is coming and necessity is the mother of invention. LVE will be gone. He already is out on third downs.
It's the best Cowboys defensive performances in over a decade but you're having a meltdown about it...

Vander Esch played 92% of the snaps...He is not 'out' on 3rd downs per se.

Beaker42

Reaction score
The way things are looking, our first two picks need to be LB's. Ours suck in pretty mech every facet of the position.