Twitter: LVE Is Not Happy About The Way Ya'll Seem Excited To Be Rid Of Jaylon

Rayman70

Reaction score
LVE is a teammate, and probably friend of, Smith. I'm sure he tweeted out of emotion, like a lot of us would. As far as some saying LVE is worried about being "next", you can't play in the NFL without having supreme confidence in yourself, I doubt the possibility of getting cut even entered his mind.

And he's playing much like his old self as far as what I've seen, similar to Lawrence he gets criticism because he doesn't get a bunch of sacks, passes defensed, etc., just goes about his business. Such offensive linemen sometimes don't get much credit because as is often said, they're not noticed unless they do something bad, like a penalty or missed block. If LVE fulfills his assignments which means if he just occupies an area so that the play isn't run there, or takes on a block so that somebody else can make the tackle or covers a running back closely enough so that the back doesn't get a pass thrown his way, etc. then the vast majority of the fans don't see that. But that was good linebacker play.

The tweet was a bit uncalled for, but he's human, have to factor that in...
at the end of the day, we need results. We dont care . If he helps us win..I'm good.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes, he does. Just because you can does not mean you should.

does not mean you shouldn't. I'm not offended by his comments, maybe some here should take their own advice and put your big boy pant on and stop being so thin skin. Great thing about social media is you can say what you want no repercussion, any of us talking smack in these players face likely would get your teeth kicked in but we are mighty and brave behind the keyboard, on the couch and in the stands.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
at the end of the day, we need results. We dont care . If he helps us win..I'm good.

That I fully agree with. If he is not doing the job then we need to find someone to upgrade the position and if he does ball out the rest of the way then there is still a chance he will be gone due to the cap, Cowboys are not going to invest big money at a position where we have some very good young talent in place. So LVE if he is here next season likely will not be top money

kskboys

Reaction score
does not mean you shouldn't. I'm not offended by his comments, maybe some here should take their own advice and put your big boy pant on and stop being so thin skin. Great thing about social media is you can say what you want no repercussion, any of us talking smack in these players face likely would get your teeth kicked in but we are mighty and brave behind the keyboard, on the couch and in the stands.
OK, but that's all irrelevant.

Paradox

Reaction score
Reminds me of those old Peyton Manning Mastercard commercials.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
OK, but that's all irrelevant.

No what is irrelevant is when fans tell players to shut up, they can say what they choose to and you have absolutely no say or authority over them . You clearly have the right to react the way you choose to what a player says

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
hey man I wanna be very wrong here. He being good means the teams good. But Lets just see.

He is a favorite player of mine, I'm not hiding that fact.

As a favorite, I pay more attention to his play than some others. For one thing, many were saying his neck was, and would be, a problem. But he's had no issues with that. He's firing into the backfield (has a sack as well) and making sure tackles. NO issues with the neck.

But if others disagree, that's fine, like most things let's evaluate after the season...

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I don’t get paid millions to perform a job in an industry that entertains.

Are all wolf hunters this thin skinned?
And this is why you think it's ok to talk crap about these guys. Don't say on the internet what you wouldn't say to their faces.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
if we can get a late rd pick for LVE this year UNLESS HE BALLS, I say lets do it. He hasn't done anything yet. Maybe he will.

I like the player and maybe he picks up his game some now.
If not and he's rock N the boat, toss him over.....

OGC.8b0f9c16fb6002beac00ebf68e308936

We passed up that 5th year option, maybe his last year here anyway.
I don't see a team discount due to injury history,
so get what you can while you can.
He's not a scrub player and does have team value for us this year, but give me a 3rd and he's out of here.
Should get a 4th or 5th comp. anyway if he signs elsewhere.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
And this is why you think it's ok to talk crap about these guys. Don't say on the internet what you wouldn't say to their faces.

Jaylon Smith was not performing at a level you would expect for a LB with a $60M contract. That’s not “talking crap.”