Twitter: LVE Is Not Happy About The Way Ya'll Seem Excited To Be Rid Of Jaylon

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I WILL. If I see him at the game Thanksgiving day and I get the chance, I will. Wow, dude, your confrontational to most of us here. Are u an agent or player? No one took your lunch money did they? We are just debating here and having real conversations. As Aaron Rodgers once said, RELAX!
He's a grown man that considers 20 year old athlete's as his hero's and get's personally hurt when they are criticized for their poor play and lack of production.

It's weird to say the least.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
^^^this. But according 2 at least 1 poster on this board, since "we do not know" the player, we shouldn't criticize. I suppose in that case we wouldn't even have a need for a fan message board. Ridiculous. This shouldn't be an echo chamber in here where we MUST agree or we get vilified. That just sucks. I want debate and respectful banter. Maybe thats just me.If that rubs certain people the wrong way, so be it. been alive along time and been a fan my whole life. Since 1973. Now lets go beat the Giants!

Preach!

I used to get worked up when Rockport got spicy with me. Now I just laugh it off. His blood pressure must be through the roof.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can see his point, but I think LVE would be better off ignoring social media and fan discussion sites. There are about a zillion different opinions out there, and many get expressed in obnoxious ways. It always seems to be the really trashy and hateful garbage that stands out, not the nuanced and thoughtful analysis that some fans are capable of posting.

I think if I were a player or coach, I would just ignore it all and focus on the game.
Easier said than done when the trash is what gets the legs.

I would bet there are fans that were sorry to see him go but that doesn't read so well.

Rev, there is so much garbage all over social media and the internet, anything decent gets buried.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
About time someone spoke out about it but it has been that way since they started telling the fans what the players were getting paid. If we decide they're not worth it, it all becomes about the money and it isn't even ours.

The biggest mistake they've made for me is allowing these things to go public when they're really none of our business. Is that why we watch them play?

The other side of this is that they catch the heat when all they are doing was exactly what every one of us would do, going for the gold while the getting's good.

I see too many direct their frustration at the player here and that is short sighted. You have an owner known for overpaying players as a reward and cratering time and time again to an agent's demands. What are you going to do if you are up for a new deal? Cut a hometown one? Please.
Personally I don't care how much he is being paid. I couldn't even tell you what he is being paid to be honest, but I know it's more than normal folk. His production on the field is what I'm not happy about.

Rayman70

Reaction score
About time someone spoke out about it but it has been that way since they started telling the fans what the players were getting paid. If we decide they're not worth it, it all becomes about the money and it isn't even ours.

The biggest mistake they've made for me is allowing these things to go public when they're really none of our business. Is that why we watch them play?

The other side of this is that they catch the heat when all they are doing was exactly what every one of us would do, going for the gold while the getting's good.

I see too many direct their frustration at the player here and that is short sighted. You have an owner known for overpaying players as a reward and cratering time and time again to an agent's demands. What are you going to do if you are up for a new deal? Cut a hometown one? Please.
I like LVE and even Jaylon. As far the money they get..ah...well, Thats not the end all be all. Its how said player conducts himself with the fans that really matter, and couple that with his play. If he plays well and tends to be cool to the fans ie..doesnt come off as an entitled jerk..then I dont care 1 bit about the money. I say let them get paid market value. Just dont be a brat. A real man OWNS it when they need to be better. How I was raised.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get what he's saying. And many fans ARE classless.

Having said that fans dollars directly and fans interest broadly pay his salary. It comes with the gig. Grow up.
Do the NFL players really see it that way?

The salary cap and TV money this year is almost exactly the same, the fans money goes into the owners pockets. The players are paid by the TV contracts and their behavior on the field reflects that. Who are they showing off too? The fans or the TV audience?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally I don't care how much he is being paid. I couldn't even tell you what he is being paid to be honest, but I know it's more than normal folk. His production on the field is what I'm not happy about.
Agree, at any price.

The fact is he never came back physically to what he was before that injury in the bowl game and he never was. The Cowboys took a chance and then doubled down on his next contract and not because he deserved that but because of the owner's ego.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Preach!

I used to get worked up when Rockport got spicy with me. Now I just laugh it off. His blood pressure must be through the roof.
Yeah I try not to engage with posters like that. But when I see someone respond to me like they have skins in the game, it really invokes me to respond and set them straight. I wont be bullied. or told what I can think..even if wrong.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
knock it off guys, the gimp has feelings too.

Yeah I try not to engage with posters like that. But when I see someone respond to me like they have skins in the game, it really invokes me to respond and set them straight. I won't be bullied. or told what I can think..even if wrong.
you hater

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yeah I try not to engage with posters like that. But when I see someone respond to me like they have skins in the game, it really invokes me to respond and set them straight. I wont be bullied. or told what I can think..even if wrong.

Yes sir. No one bothers me more than the computer commandos these days. I can get heated quickly with those guys.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Do the NFL players really see it that way?

The salary cap and TV money this year is almost exactly the same, the fans money goes into the owners pockets. The players are paid by the TV contracts and their behavior on the field reflects that. Who are they showing off too? The fans or the TV audience?

A players salary is a talking point in every single major sport on the planet because it matters how you can build a team.

Jerry needs to do the pie analogy again for those in the back.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I WILL. If I see him at the game Thanksgiving day and I get the chance, I will. Wow, dude, your confrontational to most of us here. Are u an agent or player? No one took your lunch money did they? We are just debating here and having real conversations. As Aaron Rodgers once said, RELAX!
Just don’t like comments behind a keyboard like yours on social media.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
He can either stop crying for his buddy and play harder, or he can join him on the outside. This steam is seemingly done coddling bad players, and it is about time.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Easier said than done when the trash is what gets the legs.

I would bet there are fans that were sorry to see him go but that doesn't read so well.

Rev, there is so much garbage all over social media and the internet, anything decent gets buried.

Yeah, so much of social media has blown up with screaming fights and other trash that it makes me wonder if it will last. Social media might end up going away and will one day be seen as an early 21st century fad. The other possibility is we'll see a revised version of social media with much of the hype cut out of it and screaming fights more quickly shut down. Big business likes the targeted advertising it can do on social media. If anything threatens that, it's the big businesses that will demand change. Or it might just flame out and most people will quit social media.

But a pro athlete must learn to keep it all in perspective. No matter what you do, there will be critics, and some will be ridiculous ones. The Internet allows any opinion to be expressed, and it doesn't filter out the rude or absurd ones. It's just how it is.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
When you’re in the limelight (actor, musician, politician, pro athlete, etc.) and make millions of dollars, it comes with the territory. They love the adoration when things are going well, but hate the criticism when they’re going badly. I get it. They’re human. But, in the end it’s a business, so suck it up buttercup. Regular workers get transferred to different locations all the time. They also lose their livelihoods when businesses fold or downsize. That’s life.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
who cares what he likes. put some duct tape on that pencil neck and go back to playing. sheesh dang, crybaby.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Professional athletes make a ton of money, they’re going to receive a lot of flack from fans if they’re not performing to the level of their contracts. LVE should know that. Fans voicing their displeasure at athletes comes with the territory. If they can’t handle the criticism go find a job at Subway. No one’s going to get on Twitter complaining about how they do their job there.

Subway®
@SUBWAY

https://twitter.com/SUBWAY/status/1299064341170278405

Jennifer Kinsella

@jkinsey0522

·
Nov 20, 2020

Replying to
@SUBWAY
315 foxon blvd New Haven CT. Worst eatery expiernece I ever had. Employee,manager,young son all handling and serving food without masks or gloves.When asked them to wear masks the manager said "Get the F out" infront of security.Manager chased us into Walmart to harras us.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A players salary is a talking point in every single major sport on the planet because it matters how you can build a team.

Jerry needs to do the pie analogy again for those in the back.
Really? Does that matter or is it all about the sport itself? Without the price tags hanging off the players.

Does divulging players' contracts do anything for the game?